Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia-JoJo Diaz Bout Remains In Discussion; WBC Approves As Final Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• willieb24
    replied
    Ryan Garcia has Rolly Romero problems.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by PRchamp View Post

Bivol was a email champ as well. Can’t get upset if that’s the truth. But don’t forget Bivol before getting a belt via email beat opponents like Joe Smith,Sullivan Barrera, Jean Pascal so I can see that as a valid reason why he was awarded a belt.

Haney beat Gamboa a fighter who could of been his dad to earn that WBC email belt that’s a big difference. Again don’t get upset because he was gifted a email belt. Hopefully he can fight the other champs to win a real title, that’s if he gets a chance
    Bivol never beat any of the guys you named before becoming WBA champ.

Leave a comment:

• PRchamp
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

But why was one being elevated seen as different than the other? I don't particularly see a difference but nobody goes around in every Bivol post to call him an email champ.
    Bivol was a email champ as well. Can’t get upset if that’s the truth. But don’t forget Bivol before getting a belt via email beat opponents like Joe Smith,Sullivan Barrera, Jean Pascal so I can see that as a valid reason why he was awarded a belt.

Haney beat Gamboa a fighter who could of been his dad to earn that WBC email belt that’s a big difference. Again don’t get upset because he was gifted a email belt. Hopefully he can fight the other champs to win a real title, that’s if he gets a chance

Last edited by PRchamp; 09-21-2021, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied

Correct me if I’m wrong but Bivol was elevated WBA champion since Badou Jack gave it up after fighting Cleverly. I know he fought some fighter name Richards as his first defense. Sad thing is how many of the champs at 168 fought Bivol since he had that email belt? nobody cares about him as well
    But why was one being elevated seen as different than the other? I don't particularly see a difference but nobody goes around in every Bivol post to call him an email champ.

Leave a comment:

• PRchamp
    replied

Who did Dmitry Bivol beat to become WBA champ?
    Correct me if I’m wrong but Bivol was elevated WBA champion since Badou Jack gave it up after fighting Cleverly. I know he fought some fighter name Richards as his first defense. Sad thing is how many of the champs at 168 fought Bivol since he had that email belt? nobody cares about him as well

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied

Via Email? I mean we can say the fight against Linares was sort of Haney’s title fight but he got awarded a belt just because Arum and WBC wanted to play the franchise belt crap with Lomochenko
    Who did Dmitry Bivol beat to become WBA champ?

Leave a comment:

• PRchamp
    replied

Get out of here with that. Many fighters have been elevated without fighting anybody.
    Via Email? I mean we can say the fight against Linares was sort of Haney’s title fight but he got awarded a belt just because Arum and WBC wanted to play the franchise belt crap with Lomochenko

Leave a comment:

• Bronx23
    replied
    Originally posted by revelated View Post

But why?

I thought JoJo Diaz was like a favorite around here not long ago?
    I personally have never been big on JoJo not that I’m big on Garcia either, but if there’s someone that’s gonna whoop that kid I don’t see it being JoJo

Leave a comment:

• Cypocryphy
    replied
    Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

It's not about Haney making an offer. It's a mandatory. That means that they both negotiate. GBP can make offers too you know. The responsibility doesn't just lie with Matchroom. They make offers, and if they can't agree it goes to purse bid. But there's no purse bid as the GBP fighters aren't showing interest. Team Haney have made approaches to team Diaz and team Diaz have shown very little interest. That's because Oscar wants them to fight each other. It's not a bad fight. I have no issue with that fight. My issue is, if they're not prepared to fight for the title once they become mandatory, then they should give up that unnecessary interim title and inform the WBC that they're not interested in an eliminator as they won't be pursuing the main title at this time. All they're doing is depriving other fighters who would go on and fight for it, costing themselves sanctioning fees for no reason and generally making themselves look bad. It's no wonder people are calling them ducks.
    Yeah. I agree there. But with the WBC, whoever gets the interim belt will not have a mandatory with Haney. It will be a voluntary. So we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• Rodtang
    replied
    Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Well, I'm not a fan of Mauricio suctioning the title bout of Valdez. That was bad. But with the Haney thing, there's past history of Haney asking for buckets of money when the opponent is remotely interesting. Asking for wads of cash is the new way of avoiding fights now. And from the reports, DHP is notorious for pricing Devin out of fights. I like Haney. I think he's a good boxer. But I don't like how he goes about things. He clout chases a lot. He says things that end up being contradicted. And if it's true that Jo Jo never got a contract for Haney, then I can't see what the issue is. You know?

And that's how I see this. Garcia and Jo Jo are with GBP. The fight is cheaper to put on, without a doubt. Garcia was gong to fight Tank, but now that Tank is only fighting in-house guys, it seems that it's in GBP's best interest to kill two birds with one stone and get Garcia and Jo Jo to fight. If Haney has made the right offer to Jo Jo, then I'm sure the fight would have been made. But it appears that no offer was ever made. So that's that.
    It's not about Haney making an offer. It's a mandatory. That means that they both negotiate. GBP can make offers too you know. The responsibility doesn't just lie with Matchroom. They make offers, and if they can't agree it goes to purse bid. But there's no purse bid as the GBP fighters aren't showing interest. Team Haney have made approaches to team Diaz and team Diaz have shown very little interest. That's because Oscar wants them to fight each other. It's not a bad fight. I have no issue with that fight. My issue is, if they're not prepared to fight for the title once they become mandatory, then they should give up that unnecessary interim title and inform the WBC that they're not interested in an eliminator as they won't be pursuing the main title at this time. All they're doing is depriving other fighters who would go on and fight for it, costing themselves sanctioning fees for no reason and generally making themselves look bad. It's no wonder people are calling them ducks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X