Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Shuts Down Rumors Of A Canelo Rivalry: We Don't Have Any History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flabble Scrote
    replied
    Ward don't want that smoke lol he subtly sliding away and I am pretty sure also that Canelo is on drugs

Leave a comment:

• LEONIDAS26@
    replied
    Originally posted by whirlout View Post
    Am all for Ward helping whoever he wants to help but let's be honest, he always has extra energy when it comes to Canelo topics. I 've heard him talk about potential Canelo fight way more than Canelo has talked about it. I won't say he's jealous but there is definitely some resentment. He left the game not really having a big fight and he probably sees a fighter he can beat probably handily dominating and getting all sorts of push in a weight class he dominated. Let's not forget the powers that be including the networks seem like they were pushing for Ward to lose albeit with his ugly fighting style but same powers that be always seemingly setting up Canelo to win never mind how he easily scathed by with his PED use. Had he not retired he would have been pushing hard for a Canelo fight. It's fear to say he wants a Canelo payday.
    Hmmmm, interesting view point. Especially in regards to the matter of the powers that be pushing for Ward to lose. Why this stood out to me is due to the fact that Ward was out of action over 2 years prior to His face off with Kovalev and he was being sort of rushed into a bout with the hard hitting Russian with little preparation as far as getting some quality bouts under his belt beforehand. Kovalev was the star and let's face it, power hitters tend to bring the kind of dynamic excitement that cerebral slick counterpunching fighters like Ward just don't, except for purists who appreciate the nuances of his style. Ward was viewed by Many as a sort of sacrifial lamb for the rising star that was The " Krusher" and the networks certainly didn't seem too keen on him.
    Of course all of that changed when he put up a tremendous effort in the 2nd half of their first bout and Kovalev visibly tired from the infighting and body shots from Ward and escaped with a draw retaining his belt. There was intrigue going into the rematch and both men fought well until Ward started pulling away when he invested in body work and started countering Kovalev over the top with short counters. Kovalev was winning the battle in some areas but Ward was winning the WAR in large part to Kovalevs inability to handle body shots, something his trainer would admit later was an issue for him even in sparring. Ward seemed to have issues with how he was treated by the powers that be and the networks prior to the rematch and given how Canelo has been insulated and Groomed by the power structure in the boxing community, it does make for a logical observation that Ward may be in fact harboring some inward resentment. Especially with the fact that Canelo is a convicted PED user thanks to the clenbuterol matter and the fact that he has been the recipient of some VERY suspect Score cards in his favor.
    However Ward up to this point he has not been openly disrespectful or antagonistic toward Canelo.He's been neutral and professional keeping a balance there.
    Interesting point you put forth and its much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Murray Kelm
    replied
    Kovalev Ward 1 bothered me more than the second fight . That fight was like 9to 3 or 8to4 for Kovalev. It was such a decisive victory that Ward should not have even got a rematch
    Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post

Maybe you should do like you ask and not be embarrassed to reply properly after making the usual delusional claims. Running away all the time is too pathetic for words.

How you delude yourself to be a sane and rational person is beyond me.
    you’re a pathetic old euro trash bag who posts to 20 different people in one thread just desperate for attention. After a while, it gets boring continuously embarrassing you and entertaining your insignificant and inaccurate responses. You’re like amir khan, a delusional loser who’s too stupid to realize that you’re not being avoided out of fear, it’s because you’re a pathetic waste of time.

Leave a comment:

• whirlout
    replied
    Am all for Ward helping whoever he wants to help but let's be honest, he always has extra energy when it comes to Canelo topics. I 've heard him talk about potential Canelo fight way more than Canelo has talked about it. I won't say he's jealous but there is definitely some resentment. He left the game not really having a big fight and he probably sees a fighter he can beat probably handily dominating and getting all sorts of push in a weight class he dominated. Let's not forget the powers that be including the networks seem like they were pushing for Ward to lose albeit with his ugly fighting style but same powers that be always seemingly setting up Canelo to win never mind how he easily scathed by with his PED use. Had he not retired he would have been pushing hard for a Canelo fight. It's fear to say he wants a Canelo payday.
    LEONIDAS26@ LEONIDAS26@ likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    Another alt account? Were u too embarrassed to reply to me on your real account so you used the burner one? Get a life cornball. Oh, and no shot in holy hell canelo would’ve dared to face that version of Kovalev. Fukouttahere.
    Maybe you should do like you ask and not be embarrassed to reply properly after making the usual delusional claims. Running away all the time is too pathetic for words.

How you delude yourself to be a sane and rational person is beyond me.

Leave a comment:

• Jab jab boom
    replied
    Originally posted by El-Malo- View Post

Look at this v@g1na all of a sudden supporting what Ward does or says

You out of all people should be the last to even question someone like Canelo when your boy 3G was the one who definitely never ever ever ever ever even entertained the idea of getting in the ring with Ward. Even till this day he refuses to go up one single weight class and somehow is still ducking all the "legit" threats at 160. All the 3G groupies criticizing Canelo are saying the same basic points that where brought up when 3G was criticized yet you pathetic c[u]m slurpers defended him like no other the difference is Canelo is actually doing what 3G only talked about and never finished. Canelo is definitely going to unify all the belts something 3slow set out to do his entire career and never accomplished and now has to fight in some other country lmao

As far as Canelo fighting a younger Kovalev I wouldn't doubt that he'd take that fight. I'm more inclined to believe that Canelo would have tried to avoid Ward more than Kovalev, not because Ward is more dangerous but because of the fight style that Ward brings it would give Canelo lots of problems
    Another alt account? Were u too embarrassed to reply to me on your real account so you used the burner one? Get a life cornball. Oh, and no shot in holy hell canelo would’ve dared to face that version of Kovalev. Fukouttahere.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by LEONIDAS26@ View Post
    I see my comment sparked a few( one VERY let's just say worked up individual in particular)to respond with EMOTIONALLY INVESTED Opinions with increasing detachment from facts.
    And of course there is some nationalistic over zealous pride involved along with the core ignorance as well as other irrelevant factors that blokes have going on in their heads.
    Either way I stand by my statement and being that this is of course social media I don't expect much especially from a boxing forum where emotions run high and personal biases along cultural and National lines play a big part in the narratives here. I don't entertain these things or the people who lose their water over my comment. I see however there is a small contingent who are actually knowledgeable hard core aficionados like myself who have no horse in this race. I salute you gents who really appreciate the SPORT and put the sport itself FIRST before a particular fighter.
    And as for Ward I'm quite sure given his statement on internet social media trolls of which there are many, he isn't losing sleep over all the piss being thrown his way. It's called dealing with real life.
    Apparently there are some here who can use some fresh air and get off the keyboard for a spell.
    Ahh, deflective behaviour.

Maybe you could be specific on some of the points you claim are "Over zealous" "Nationalism" or "Detached from facts" like you claim?

The one who is actually embodying these characteristics, is you. But you have the usual delusions as well.

Real boxing fans don't twist reality to suit. Only extremists and narcissists who are insanely entitled do that. That and a mass of projections.

Leave a comment:

• LEONIDAS26@
    replied
    I see my comment sparked a few( one VERY let's just say worked up individual in particular)to respond with EMOTIONALLY INVESTED Opinions with increasing detachment from facts.
    And of course there is some nationalistic over zealous pride involved along with the core ignorance as well as other irrelevant factors that blokes have going on in their heads.
    Either way I stand by my statement and being that this is of course social media I don't expect much especially from a boxing forum where emotions run high and personal biases along cultural and National lines play a big part in the narratives here. I don't entertain these things or the people who lose their water over my comment. I see however there is a small contingent who are actually knowledgeable hard core aficionados like myself who have no horse in this race. I salute you gents who really appreciate the SPORT and put the sport itself FIRST before a particular fighter.
    And as for Ward I'm quite sure given his statement on internet social media trolls of which there are many, he isn't losing sleep over all the piss being thrown his way. It's called dealing with real life.
    Apparently there are some here who can use some fresh air and get off the keyboard for a spell.
    Last edited by LEONIDAS26@; 09-19-2021, 06:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sid-Knee
    replied
    Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    now you’re just making shet up. The ref didn’t admit any wrong doing, he actually stood by his decision.

Tony Weeks defended his decision in a statement to RingTV.com: They were on the line, they were on the belt, and they were good punches, and I don’t need to review instant replay because of the punishment that Kovalev was taking. He clearly lost the fight and I stopped it.”

As much time as you spend on your knees Sid knee, you should have a better idea of knowing where balls are located. Now stop stalking me weirdo.
    So you missed the ref admitting he got it wrong? It's easy to find on-line.

Kovalev was hit with a single punch and rocked. In no way was Kovalev taking any punishment. That's the delusional extremist view on it.

Calling me a stalker is just another way of you telling me you're intimidated by me because you know i'll clown you. You're just too emotionally backwards to do it any other way though. Haha. I mean, i never posted to you in about 9 months or so. In fact, the last time we engaged was due to you replying to one of my posts. But you're just insecure and emotionally like one of those little bratty X Box kids. It's actually rather disturbing to see someone be so simple in the head like a proper village idiot licking windows. And you're an adult too. F3ck me.
    Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X