Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jack Catterall: I Have To Be at My Best To Beat Josh Taylor, Go To Scotland and Absolutely Smash It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jack Catterall: I Have To Be at My Best To Beat Josh Taylor, Go To Scotland and Absolutely Smash It

By Tris Dixon - Jack Catterall waited for the phone to ring. And he waited and waited. The WBO's mandatory challenger for the super-lightweight title held by undisputed king Josh Taylor has been in line to face the super Scot for months.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I look forward to seeing this fight. A working class Lancastrian (his surname is literally a place in Lancashire) versus a Scot. I love it. Undefeated contender versus undisputed champion. You have to go with the Scotsman but I will be pulling for the man from NW England

Comment

Hats off to Jack for not getting in the way of Taylor Ramirez and I hope he does himself proud but sadly it won't be enough to dethrone #Undisputed.
      Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Catterall
        I’ve been to Belfast and boxed [Tyrone] McKenna. I’ve been to Leeds and boxed Tyrone Nurse, been to Liverpool to fight this guy, been down south to fight that guy.
        This title defense against Jack Catterall has to be the worst from a jr. welterweight 'undisputed' champion ( ever ), worse than when Sandro Lopopolo defended against Vicente Rivas in 1966 ; at least Vicente Rivas had a HOF in his resume, like the Filipino legend Flash Elorde.

I compared Vicente Rivas record up to the time he got his chance at the 140 crown to Jack Catterall's resume : Davy Ohara, Tyrone McKenna, Tyrone Nurse? are you kidding me?!

For once, I cant believe that I would prefer to see a WBA 'Regular' title contest over Josh Taylor's 'undisputed' title defense, for example : Gervonta Davis vs. Mario Barrios, even though it was for the WBA's jr. welterweight 'Regular' trinket, I find it to be more respectable, because I think we all could agree that Mario Barios is a true world-level contender and Jack Catterall arguably is not -- ask yourself, could Jack Catterall have taken the WBA 'Regular' title off Mario Barios? I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
        X