Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBO assigns a 63% to 37% purse bid split IN FAVOR OF SHAKUR!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBO assigns a 63% to 37% purse bid split IN FAVOR OF SHAKUR!!

This is corruption at its finest. I wouldn't be upset if Herring vacated over this BS.

Herring should Vacate the title
    76.92%
    Herring should defend the title
    23.08%

Boxing man. Just when you think there aren't any new kinds of ****ery. Something like this comes along.

Comment

That’s f***ing bullsh**. Herring is the CHAMPION. At the very least it should be 50/50.

Would love to see Jamel pull off the upset now.
      Fists_of_Fury, dan_cov and 3 others like this.

Comment

If Herring moved to 135 and dropped the belt wouldn’t he be installed as mandatory at 135 per the WBO rules. Like Usyk at Heavyweight and BJS at 168. That could be a decent option. He’d either get a big fight with Teofimo or possibly a vacant title shot at 135.
        Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 08-02-2021, 04:40 PM.
        Fists_of_Fury, The Big Dunn and like this.

Comment

This is extremely hard take in one hand ... well first off lets kick it off with a big F YOU to the WBO now.... in one hand I want to say to vacate but we all know thats what they want so I say take the fight go through with the purse bid and all and just bad mouth the WBO every single chance you get you, on live tv, on twitter, everywhere give multiple youtube interviews. Maybe a post fight interview if he wins where he says this organization is corrupt and garbage than literally through the belt in the garbage. IDK much that will do but you have to try something.

also just read Arum said the purse bid is off and they came to a deal, still doesnt change the fact of what the WBO was willing to do.

Comment

this is gross. Doesn’t have to be 50/50 necessarily but 63-37 is sick

Comment

An agreement has been reached apparently. I hope Herring is making decent money off this fight.

Comment

Herring would be better off dropping the belt and challenging the WBO JLW champ like RJJ posted .

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  An agreement has been reached apparently. I hope Herring is making decent money off this fight.
                  Has it yeah? Feels to me like Arum forced Herring’s hand into accepting his offer by getting his good friends at the WBO to shaft him with a terrible split.

I was rooting for Herring anyway cause he seems like a genuinely nice dude but I want him to win so bad now. Hate to see blatant corruption like this in the sport. Like you said, at the very least I hope he’s getting decent money for this fight.

Comment

Yep madness, saw this on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                    X