Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Believe Jo Jo Diaz Is Up For Haney Fight, But He Sees Ryan Garcia Fight As Easier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by super-x View Post

Ryan definately brings in more money for jojo, cant argue that point, but for Ryan to avoid taking his earned direct shot at the wbc champ is very questionable.
    Isn’t Garcia’s largest payday 500k? Haney’d fight purses are in the 7 figure range with Hearn and dayzin
    mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
      Fast Eddie throwing jabs like a fighter instead of doing his job as a promoter who was supposed to take over America years ago. Dude talks way more than making fights. The common theme here is he cant seem to get his American fighters any marquee fight. Canelo pretty much promotes himself, you can say the same for Joshua and he has zero influence on GGG. Fast Eddie is really a domestic level promoter if you really want to be real about it. Maybe he should stick to the UK level type domestic fighters 'cos he obviously does very well in that area.
      Hearn gets his fighters paid, that cannot be disputed. But the trade off is their careers tend to suffer in the long term due to a total lack of exposure and promotion. 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other…
      Last edited by Oldskoolg; 07-31-2021, 04:43 PM.
      greeneye99 and mgame like this.

Comment

I really don't care which of them he fights, but I'd like to see either of them in with him - let the other have another fight in the meantime, and then let's get down to business. Too much talking, too much nonsense, but I see what they're trying to do - toss a wedge between the easy in-house fight that will most likely happen so they're not left without a dance partner

Comment

Lol hearn is sweating. Hankey has no other options even with his email belt. This is just oscars way of screwing over hearn for the roidnelo fiasco. Honestly though diaz-garcia is big money in socal. Pretty sure oscar would love for jojo to win.

Comment

Cryan Garcia and HO HO Diaz don't won't that work because they know that they can't beat him. Fighters aren't scared of each other and they sure as hell aren't dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

All this says is: Belts are garbage. Haney's title really has no significance since the crooked Sulaiman himself says Lopez is their real champ. My sig closes it.
              It says to me that belts are only “garbage” when certain fighters have them, like Devin Haney or Demetrius Andrade. Guys who are perceived as “high risk/low reward”, who are tough to win rounds or “look good” against.

If a limited fighter happened to get lucky and beat Devin then I bet the belt would suddenly become important again.
              Last edited by whollisboxing; 07-31-2021, 04:43 PM.
              mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

It says to me that belts are only “garbage” when certain fighters have them, like Devin Haney or Demetrius Andrade. Guys who are perceived as “high risk/low reward”, who are tough to win rounds or “look good” against.

If a limited fighter happened to get lucky and beat Devin then I bet the belt would suddenly become important again.
                This. Very astute observation
                greeneye99, mgame and whollisboxing like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  The problem with Ryan is his power. It's real, he knows it, but he neglected style in his belief. He's easy to hit, he gives his face up in fighting. He can work on that, but he has to look for it, learn to be slippery.
                  It’s funny because Ryan’s greatest strength and weakness are intertwined:

He “gives his face up” like you mentioned but he also stays in position to land that booming left hook as a result.

Garcia keeps it simple with that go-to move and it makes him even quicker on the draw.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

Your second paragraph:

Not for me. My thoughts on belts have been the same for the last 20 years. The next sentence is in my sig.

As far as JoJo vs Haney, I got Haney by a hard decision. Diaz would probably KO Garcia. Davis-Diaz would be all action for 5 rounds. My point wasn't to slight Haney. He really impressed me with his boxing skills for the first time in the first 10 rounds in his last fight.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 07-31-2021, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Your second paragraph:

Not for me. My thoughts on belts have been the same for the last 20 years. The next sentence is in my sig.

As far as JoJo vs Haney, I got Haney by a hard decision. Diaz would probably KO Garcia. Davis-Diaz would be all action for 5 rounds. My point wasn't to slight Haney. He really impressed me with his boxing skills for the first time in the first 10 rounds in his last fight.
                      Fair enough, and belts certainly aren’t the be-all, end-all. I was saying that I’ve seen belts be important to someone like Jermall Charlo when it comes to unifying with GGG while belts are suddenly worthless when it comes to unifying with Demetrius Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                      X