Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kushking and Revelated: Why do people praise Pernell Whitaker and Roberto Duran but not Shawn Porter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post

you cant even use the heat of the moment excuse with tank since you have been doing it for years.
    The man to see between 130 and 140.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

The man to see between 130 and 140.
      he rules all 3 divisions with an iron fist!
      ShaneMosleySr ShaneMosleySr likes this.

Comment

he rules all 3 divisions with an iron fist!
        Yeah, if you are a belts guy, he's a champ in 3 divisions simultaneously now.

Comment

Porter is a damn good fighter now. I think it is possible he could beat Whitaker at 147 or at least give him hell in a close loss. Duran had a great run as lightweight champion and is considered by many as the best lightweight ever.A prime welterweight Duran probably KOs a prime Porter in my opinion.Duran beat powerhouse middleweight champ Barkley and gave Hagler a hard fight. Could Porter do that?I am sure Porter would be KOed by both Barkley and Hagler. Duran is an all time great and Porter is a very good fighter for any era but not nearly as good as Duran or the lightweight Whitaker.

Comment

Porter couldn’t beat Whitaker. He wouldn’t touch him. His connect percentage would be in the single digits.

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            Porter is a damn good fighter now. I think it is possible he could beat Whitaker at 147 or at least give him hell in a close loss. Duran had a great run as lightweight champion and is considered by many as the best lightweight ever.A prime welterweight Duran probably KOs a prime Porter in my opinion.Duran beat powerhouse middleweight champ Barkley and gave Hagler a hard fight. Could Porter do that?I am sure Porter would be KOed by both Barkley and Hagler. Duran is an all time great and Porter is a very good fighter for any era but not nearly as good as Duran or the lightweight Whitaker.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
              Porter couldn’t beat Whitaker. He wouldn’t touch him. His connect percentage would be in the single digits.

They can't fight so we will never know. I saw them both fight a lot and at 147 I would pick Whitaker in a close fight. Whitaker was best as a lightweight and Porter is a very big strong rough welterweight. Nobody ever bear Porter by much. Not even the excellent Spence. Porter is a very hard attacker and lands lots of punches on everyone he ever fought. Whitaker was best at 135 and got hit more at 147. One 147 pound guy named Hurtado or something like that was way ahead on points when Whitaker KOed him in round 11. Oscar beat him and Trinidad beat the hell out of a past prime Whitaker. So I don't agree Whitaker would toy with Porter and rarely get hit at 147. I think Whitaker wins a close one and knows he has been in a dog fight.

Comment

great, you've made about 8 threads since this morning. Only 12 more to go before midnight..

Comment

you cant even use the heat of the moment excuse with tank since you have been doing it for years.
                  Who are you to talk? You’re “captain save a non American Hoe” routine and slurping is more nauseating then Shane’s trolling and hating.
                  BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

Who are you to talk? You’re “captain save a non American Hoe” routine and slurping is more nauseating then Shane’s trolling and hating.
                    His Euro lovers' little hype and mystique have been destroyed. Now daggum is just a sad troll.
                    The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

His Euro lovers' little hype and mystique have been destroyed. Now daggum is just a sad troll.
                      Daggum can be funny sometimes
                      The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X