Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Yordenis Ugas excused for his embarrassing resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Dud Crawford ducked him.

Yordenis Ugas Welcomes Terence Crawford Fight
    https://www.boxingscene.com/yordenis...-fight--148896
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 07-31-2021, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      He’s the top WBA champion at the weight.

I’m sure everyone without a belt wants him. I’m sure Crawford would love to unify with him.

Thats the entire division hold two people.

I imagine that Ugas would love the Crawford fight too but I think Bud is in a stronger position to make that fight happen, especially if he leaves Top Rank like he should.

I imagine Ugas would like to fight Keith Thurman too but is Thurman even a full-time fighter anymore?

It seems like Danny Garcia is headed to 154 so that’s out

Perhaps he could give Vergil Ortiz Jr. or Boots Ennis a shot, or vice versa if those guys explicitly state that they want a shot at Ugas.

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

I imagine that Ugas would love the Crawford fight too but I think Bud is in a stronger position to make that fight happen, especially if he leaves Top Rank like he should.

I imagine Ugas would like to fight Keith Thurman too but is Thurman even a full-time fighter anymore?

It seems like Danny Garcia is headed to 154 so that’s out

Perhaps he could give Vergil Ortiz Jr. or Boots Ennis a shot, or vice versa if those guys explicitly state that they want a shot at Ugas.
        BWAHAHAHA Ugas is fightin none of those names!!!

It will be cab drivers!!! Been always that and it'll continue forever!!

Comment

Answer: Because the other guys you named are Stars of the sport.

Nobody aside from hardcore boxing fans even know who ugas is LOL

Comment

Got to respect Ugas as a fighter, he’s got some losses early in his career that made him a opponent for future PBC prospects and he’s been on a nice winning streak beating them. Haymon and PBC took care of him and He earned a title shot the hard way and when he got that opportunity he clearly beat Shawn Porter who looked lost in there trying to out box Ugas haha. Porter would of bum rush Ugas and he would of gotten stop because Ugas was tagging Porter with body shots all night.

I know he won his WBA vacant but if anybody deserves to be a 147 champ it’s him. He’s the weakest champ but trust me not a lot of fighters want to fight him. Ugas beats Thurman and Danny Garcia bet that

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

So it’s pbc’s fault Crawford isn’t getting quality ww opponents even though Crawford signed a deal with TR, knowing they had no quality opposition lined up at 147,that was extended just to keep him away from pbc and allowing them to have a ww tourney

crawford knew this was going to happen when he signed but he ( rightly imo) took the money. You can’t blame pbc for TR doing something like that.

Then anyone who points this out is somehow hating on Crawford.

I know you really hate Haymon and pbc but that is just f-cking unbelievable that you hold Them more accountable than you do Crawford.
              So Crawford has to sign with the PBC to fight PBC fighters?
              ShaneMosleySr likes this.

Comment

I like the guy, but he is modern Clottey, as I mentioned. Nobody cares about him much, he has not ste style that would be liked by judges, he loses big fights he should have won ( Porter)..

But Ugas would be a good opponent for all top welterweights, no doubt.
                ShaneMosleySr likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post

BWAHAHAHA Ugas is fightin none of those names!!!

It will be cab drivers!!! Been always that and it'll continue forever!!
                  Those names could choose to fight him though since they are more popular.

Spence was prepared to face him before the Pacquiao fight presented itself and I highly doubt that Ugas would turn down a high-profile fight.

For example, any top welterweight (especially a PBC welterweight) could get a fight with him if they want it

Comment

Originally posted by whollisboxing View Post

Those names could choose to fight him though since they are more popular.

Spence was prepared to face him before the Pacquiao fight presented itself and I highly doubt that Ugas would turn down a high-profile fight.

For example, any top welterweight (especially a PBC welterweight) could get a fight with him if they want it
                    And how do you intend to pay those popular boxers who at least demand minimum financial amount which Ugas can't deliver?

Nobody is paying to watch Ugas. He can't sell 10 tickets even if his life depends on it. Bums for life. Why do these popular boxers have to carry someone like Ugas???
                    Isn't it just and fair if the less known fighter tries to at least fight someone credible? Ugas has options. He could fight Ennis and shut out all the criticisms. But he chose an unranked 140 pounder. That bum is NOT in any rankings at 147 AND 140.
                    Last edited by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM; 08-01-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

- -Ugh, who watches Ugly other than his team and their relatives. Why don't he and Lady Lara and Androgynous One just rent a motel room with a hot tub and film their ménage a trois predilections to spare us boxing fans? Good $$$ in that footage marketed worldwide...

Comment

Working...
                      X