Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC will kill Crawford-Porter negotiations over minor detail, pull Porter from purse bid and act disgusted by 40-percent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They won’t get a deal done and you’ll come here to tell me it’s Top Rank’s fault. Watch.

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    Porter gets 40% if it goes to purse bid. Arum has said he wants to get a deal done. Obviously, they are going to pay Porter more than 40%, to get a deal done, otherwise he could hold out until the purse bid.

You Crawford fans are delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      They won’t get a deal done and you’ll come here to tell me it’s Top Rank’s fault. Watch.

That's irrelevant. If they don't get a deal done, PBC, Triller, DAZN or anyone else can bid on the fight. As a mandatory, 60-40 is a great deal for Porter. If no deal gets made, it'll be because Bob is offering the same 60-40 he can get in a purse bid, so obviously Porter will hold out, and let the fight go to the highest bidder. Also, if the fight goes to purse bid, there will be no rematch clause.

I really don't get your point. If anybody pulls out, it'll be Terence. The only person who has been calling for the fight, or shown any interest the last few months is Porter. Terence had to be mandated to, before he fought anybody with a pulse.
      Last edited by FLY TY; 07-31-2021, 11:17 AM.

Comment

No need to speculate. The ball is now in their court. The only belt out of their remit is the Bud one, they should want that belt/fight on their side. Hopefully they would put the same energy that they put on Plant getting the Canelo fight on his side, and do the same for Porter.

40% is massively great for their boxer. And am pretty sure the WBO knowingly did that to make sure they wouldn’t be able to find their way out of this. But let’s wait and see.

Comment

Broner has never knocked out anyone at welterweight.

Kavaliauskas has 18 knockouts in 22 welterweight fights.

He hits WAY harder than Adrien Broner does. It’s not even comparable.

Look for the interview of Maidana talking about Broner's power. He said he was still punching hard until the las round. I dislike Broner but he does have power and sharp counters.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

Ugas clearly won that fight. He was robbed big time. I felt bad for him.
            I don't think Ugas won. He expected Porter to swarm in and was thrown off that he came to box and was faster than expected. Ugas was inactive in some rounds or large portions of the round.

Comment

Porter doesn’t have to accept the fight.

It won’t go to purse bid if he doesn’t want to fight Crawford.

That's irrelevant. If they don't get a deal done, PBC, Triller, DAZN or anyone else can bid on the fight. As a mandatory, 60-40 is a great deal for Porter. If no deal gets made, it'll be because Bob is offering the same 60-40 he can get in a purse bid, so obviously Porter will hold out, and let the fight go to the highest bidder. Also, if the fight goes to purse bid, there will be no rematch clause.

I really don't get your point. If anybody pulls out, it'll be Terence. The only person who has been calling for the fight, or shown any interest the last few months is Porter. Terence had to be mandated to, before he fought anybody with a pulse.

Comment

My stance would always be that if the fighter wants the fight, and it doesn't get made,
                I would still blame the fighter. He clearly doesn't want the fight hard enough.
                There were fighters who went out of their way to get the fights they wanted.
                Lara made a fool of himself meekly standing next to Canelo in his post fight press con.
                Matthysse signed up with PBC to get Garcia. Marquez went to Paqcuiao's country
                to get his rematch. Thurman climbed up in the ring for the Garcia fight and insulted him.

The Porter father and son team always wanted to be active. They are restless when they aren't.
                They knew there would be nothing for them at PBC for a very long time after the Spence fight.
                This Crawford fight is heaven-sent for them. I don't see them ducking this fight.

Comment

Broner doesn’t punch as hard as Kavaliauskas.

No one can claim he does.

Yet Shawn Porter is excused for sitting on his ass against Broner by the people who mock Crawford for stumbling a bit when he got punched by Kavaliauskas.

Its insane to excuse Porter for getting knocked down by Broner while mocking Crawford for standing up to a certified power puncher’s best shot.

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post

Look for the interview of Maidana talking about Broner's power. He said he was still punching hard until the las round. I dislike Broner but he does have power and sharp counters.

Comment

Porter doesn’t have to accept the fight.

It won’t go to purse bid if he doesn’t want to fight Crawford.

Like I said. That's what you weird Terence fans are hoping for. You'd rather see him fight bums, and CLAIM he's the best, than to actually prove it.

One guy has said he wants the fight, the other has told the guy to "stand down," and wait for his turn. Even after the fight with Manny fell through, Terence still showed no interest in Porter. He had to be mandated.

If anybody pulls out, it won't be Shawn. He's been calling for the fight. But Terence's fans are hoping he pulls out. I don't get it.

You should be hoping the fight happens, instead of talking negatively about it.

I was surprised Manny chose to fight Spence, but I'm not making threads saying Paquiao is going to get Covid 2 weeks before the fight.

I don't get some of you "boxing fans."
                    Last edited by FLY TY; 07-31-2021, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I hope Crawford gets Porter because he’ll knock Porter unconscious in six rounds.

Everyone will explode when Crawford dominates a guy who challenged Spence.

I just don’t think it’ll happen. I have no idea how it serves PBC’s interests.

If Crawford signed with PBC, it would make sense for them. But that’s not set in stone yet.

So I expect PBC to duck it.

Like I said. That's what you weird Terence fans are hoping for. You'd rather see him fight bums, and CLAIM he's the best, than to actually prove it.

One guy has said he wants the fight, the other has told the guy to "stand down," and wait for his turn. Even after the fight with Manny fell through, Terence still showed no interest in Porter. He had to be mandated.

If anybody pulls out, it won't be Shawn. He's been calling for the fight. But Terence's fans are hoping he pulls out. I don't get it.

You should be hoping the fight happens, instead of talking negatively about it.

I was surprised Manny chose to fight Spence, but I'm not making threads saying Paquiao is going to get Covid 2 weeks before the fight.

I don't get some of you "boxing fans."

Comment

Working...
                      X