Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Canelo Injury Clause Makes 100% Sense.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andocom
    replied
    Originally posted by BendOver View Post

The ginger is a free agent. Doesn't have a set network. He goes where the money is. And looks to me pbc offered more.
    Hard to know though, PBC's offer might have been $40M or whatever to fight Plant on their platform, or no fight at all. Canelo could be taking a pay cut just to get the undisputed, pretty sure he would make more with the GGG trilogy if money was the only concern.

The ideal situation is an agreed split between fighters, then highest platform bidder gets the fight, like a purse bid. One can dream.

In regards to Canelo's demands, if this is true, it does seem a little over the top to demand full fare, I can see where he is coming from though, after the issues with GBP screwing his schedule, watching the ongoing Fury v Wilder debacle I can see the rationale for wanting a damages clause of some type personally.

Leave a comment:

• BendOver
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

Concession are Canelo gave up Lead promoter, gave up network, and is attempting for the 3rd time to fight plant. This is the A-Side who is leaving his preferred platform (Dazn) to make this fight happen, This is the A-Side giving up Lead Promoter control to Caleb Plant's Promoter PBC, This is the A-Side Canelo attempting for the 3rd time to make this fight happen with Caleb Plant.

Also mind you, the only "Issue" at hand that is threatening to have this entire event fall apart can all be resolved if Plant will be allowed to go to Dazn to fight but Plant and PBC will not make that concession... that's how important that concession is... however Canelo Is willing to make that concession to make this fight happen.
    The ginger is a free agent. Doesn't have a set network. He goes where the money is. And looks to me pbc offered more.

Leave a comment:

• Outwest Exp 355
    replied
    Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post

Concession are Canelo gave up Lead promoter, gave up network, and is attempting for the 3rd time to fight plant. This is the A-Side who is leaving his preferred platform (Dazn) to make this fight happen, This is the A-Side giving up Lead Promoter control to Caleb Plant's Promoter PBC, This is the A-Side Canelo attempting for the 3rd time to make this fight happen with Caleb Plant.

Also mind you, the only "Issue" at hand that is threatening to have this entire event fall apart can all be resolved if Plant will be allowed to go to Dazn to fight but Plant and PBC will not make that concession... that's how important that concession is... however Canelo Is willing to make that concession to make this fight happen.
    You don’t even know what DAZN offer is. And he didn’t give up sh.it either. It’s simple PBC had a better offer. He didn’t go out of the goodness of his heart.

Leave a comment:

• TheBoxGod
    replied
    Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

What concessions did Canelo make again?

Leave a comment:

• Outwest Exp 355
    replied
    Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
    Canelo knows Haymon doesn’t want to give up a title to a non PBC fighter. He’s protecting himself.
    Al is likely to have Plant fake an injury, offer Canelo another opponent at a lower price to keep hoarding that 168 strap. Like OP said, Canelo’s made plenty of concessions an A side normally wouldn’t.
    If that’s a deal breaker for Plant or Haymon then it’s a sign they were planning some shady **** all along. Secure that bag and take that ass whipping like a man Caleb.
    What concessions did Canelo make again?

Leave a comment:

• bballchump11
    replied
    Look I'm a Canelo fan also, but you guys are out of your mind. Just say he's using this as a negotiation ploy and move on. Demanding $40 million for any late replacement is obviously a non starter.

Floyd asked for a 150lb catchweight vs Canelo, but I didn't justify that. I just said it was a bargaining chip. They ended up getting 152lbs instead.

Leave a comment:

• QballLobo
    replied
    Canelo knows Haymon doesn’t want to give up a title to a non PBC fighter. He’s protecting himself.
    Al is likely to have Plant fake an injury, offer Canelo another opponent at a lower price to keep hoarding that 168 strap. Like OP said, Canelo’s made plenty of concessions an A side normally wouldn’t.
    If that’s a deal breaker for Plant or Haymon then it’s a sign they were planning some shady **** all along. Secure that bag and take that ass whipping like a man Caleb.

Leave a comment:

• AKAcronym
    replied
    Only ****ing Canelo fans, I swear...

Leave a comment:

• sicko
    replied
    Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

Who said the negotiations broke down due to this request?
    Is this not what this topic is about and also what Plant is saying the issue is

Regardless who cares, they need to get the fight done already

Leave a comment:

• SplitSecond
    replied
    Originally posted by sicko View Post
    No Promoter on this Planet would do that...NONE!

They're going to Run Promos about History being made and a this Big Undisputed Fight between Canelo and Plant...Canelo cannot Unify 168 with anybody else so NO the Price CAN'T BE THE SAME for any other opponent because it won't be the big Undisputed Match Up that the will be promoting it as. Well unless we now take the IBO Serious then I guess Carlos Gongora is a huge Unification Fight Too lol

This is a Minor Situation that needs to be Iron Out so the fight can go on. You've gotten this far in negotiations it would be stupid to walk away from it all now over something so Ridiculous honestly. Still hoping they figure this things out...7 Weeks away or whatever it just doesn't make any sense to now try to scramble for another quality opponent

Make The F%CKING FIGHT! Fans stop trying to point fingers, place blame and instead push for BOTH SIDES to get this fight done already. You got fans who seem happy things might be falling apart because I guess they want him to remain on DAZN or something weird like that. Canelo is getting A LOT, does he really need this too I mean we're 7 Weeks Out do we really think some type of switch will happen leaving Canelo to fight somebody else for "Cheap"

Boxing Fans you're doing more BAD than GOOD when you take sides and defend sides and place blame no matter what. Plant came out quickly to defend himself because IMMEDIATELY he was being blamed
    Who said the negotiations broke down due to this request?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X