Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caleb Plant: We Gave Canelo's Side Every Concession, They Then Wanted Same Amount of Money if I got Hurt or Sick in Camp vs Replacement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

Yeah, it doesn’t make sense. I’m thinking there has got to be more to the story
    Could be, this is Plant's side of the story, maybe Canelo's team has other complaints that weren't mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Lol. Why are you offended. You must be the softest boxing fan around. Plant is a ducker. He’s afraid to lose.
      That’s a ***** move by Canelo and you know it.
      BoxingIsGreat BoxingIsGreat likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Plant has no say here. If PBC doesn't want to pay Canelo 40M for a potential late replacement then he can’t do anything about it.

On the things Plant can do something about, he gave in to all Canelo demanded… As he should have since he is the B side here.
        ​​​​​​
        You’re not understanding. Canelo had a time frame for his own career and fight date and doesn’t need PBC. That’s what DAZN is for. Canelo BEEN READY as always for his Mexican date. If PBC wants to waste Canelo and DAZN’s time then they should’ve known from the get go. It all started with the stupid 3 fight deal.

The journalists will unfold the time of when Canelo vs PBC stipulated the replacement and pay. At the moment it’s being seen as the final hour demand. I think PBC were just milking time and getting cold feet. Typical PBC business, and if Plant were objective he wouldn’t have made these headlines and still stayed quiet as he normally does. It’s obvious Plant is ducking

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

You’re not understanding. Canelo had a time frame for his own career and fight date and doesn’t need PBC. That’s what DAZN is for. Canelo BEEN READY as always for his Mexican date. If PBC wants to waste Canelo and DAZN’s time then they should’ve known from the get go. It all started with the stupid 3 fight deal.

The journalists will unfold the time of when Canelo vs PBC stipulated the replacement and pay. At the moment it’s being seen as the final hour demand. I think PBC were just milking time and getting cold feet. Typical PBC business, and if Plant were objective he wouldn’t have made these headlines and still stayed quiet as he normally does. It’s obvious Plant is ducking
          No, I'm understanding just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

Go outside and play you’re too stupid to have an opinion.
            I get it.

You're frustrated.

You hoped that your guy would finally get a crack at the top dog, so he could prove the 'eye test' you use to rate him.

Problem is, you don't get how this all works.

It doesn't matter if you like it or not.

Even F'n Saunders whined a bit but ultimately, accepted his B-Side, and the fight got done.

Plant has an easy choice. Accept all terms and stop whining, or lose the fight to someone else.

I know you don't like that choice. Too bad.
            ​​​​​​
            Thuglife Nelo Thuglife Nelo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
              I do think it's odd that Plant is the one coming out and speaking about where the breakdown in negotiations happened, especially since it's a sticking point that doesn't involve him directly (compensation to Canelo in the event of a replacement). Shouldn't it be Tim Smith or whomever is the spokesperson for PBC? Maybe someone from FOX?
              Mike Coppinger contacted Plant on what was the hold up.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                I do think it's odd that Plant is the one coming out and speaking about where the breakdown in negotiations happened, especially since it's a sticking point that doesn't involve him directly (compensation to Canelo in the event of a replacement). Shouldn't it be Tim Smith or whomever is the spokesperson for PBC? Maybe someone from FOX?
                Tim Smith? Not even being funny, when is the last time he was reached for a comment in any negotiations?

Coppinger just called Plant and got quotes from him for his story, that's all it was.

I'm sure tomorrow someone from Team Canelo will comment….…Probably Hearn.

LIS earlier, this was just Plant's side of the story. Another issue may come up if/when Canelo's team speaks out.

Either way, there is still time to get this fight done.
                bballchump11 bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Tim Smith? Not even being funny, when is the last time he was reached for a comment in any negotiations?

Coppinger just called Plant and got quotes from him for his story, that's all it was.

I'm sure tomorrow someone from Team Canelo will comment….…Probably Hearn.

LIS earlier, this was just Plant's side of the story. Another issue may come up if/when Canelo's team speaks out.

Either way, there is still time to get this fight done.
                  True. That makes sense. Its probably just as simple as that: Coppinger calling Plant and Plant giving his side of the story. I (probably incorrectly) assume that when someone speaks about the financial details, it's going to be the one helping finance it or with the consent of those financing it.

Regardless, hopefully the fight gets made and everyone is happy enough with the terms.

Comment

I think no one is seeing it from the right point of view:

I think the issue with Plant is not the money Canelo makes or who he fights if Plant gets injured, but how he will have to double train IF Canelo gets injured because Plant will not be allow to fight a replacement but will have to wait to fight Canelo on a different date. Remember what happened to Mosley when he had to double train with the little sh I t Mayweather pulled?

Comment

Hoping they can come to some sort of agreement. I get Canelo doesn't want to get screwed like Wilder did vs Fury when that fight fell apart, but getting 40M to fight a replacement that can be someone like Ryder or Dirrell? That's rough since the PPV buys won't be nearly the same.

Let's see what Canelo's side has to say here.
                      Plant Im sure would like the money but maybe they think he can make more beating scrubs. I could care less to see the fight. I dont need to be psychic to know whose going to win.

Comment

Working...
                      X