Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone honestly give Plant a shot to get the 'W' against Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone honestly give Plant a shot to get the 'W' against Canelo?

Plant looked atrocious in his last fight against an unknown journeyman while Canelo looked superb against a world champ.

Styles make fights, not names on your resume. That said the only way I see Plant winning is if Haymon has a Bradley/Manny robbery UD trilogy plan that only he and Canelo know about.

Comment

nah not really....then again there arent many i give a real shot of beating canelo right now...so

many said teo looked atrocious against nakatani....then they had the commey fight 50/50 going in and he sparked him in 2 then beat loma...so...i still give plant basically no chance but like i said theres very few i would give a shot to beat saul

Comment

He gon need a miracle or Canelo has to piss the right person off for dude to get the W. Not only is Plant outgunned physically and skill wise, but we all know it's almost impossible beating Canelo on cards.

I just hope he shows a good account of himself
        ​​​​​​

​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​

Comment

He can give Canelo a lot of issues. But nobody is winning a fight on the scorecards against Canelo. Mayweather barely did.
          _Maxi _Maxi billeau2 billeau2 like this.

Comment

- -Turnips and Cabbages all in for Plant...

Comment

Depends on his stamina and how he handles the mental pressure Canelo will put on him. If he is able to stay composed and doesn't tire out or get sloppy as he tends to do late in fights? Then sure, he can pose a threat and compete with Canelo. If not? Then he's getting stopped in the mid rounds or losing a wide decision where he falls apart in the 2nd half of the fight.

This is my problem with the 168 pound division and what has been my problem for a while. All these guys are unchallenged for the most part so we don't really know how good they are. What did BJS do at 168? What has Plant done or Benavidez? If they would have fought each other before getting someone like Canelo? Then we would have a better idea of what kind of fighter they were. I mean BJS did some things at 160 where you knew what he could do, but he had just been so inconsistent and inactive since getting to 168 that you didn't know what he was capable of.

Comment

Plant got no chance is hell unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
                  He can give Canelo a lot of issues. But nobody is winning a fight on the scorecards against Canelo. Mayweather barely did.
                  Barely? Lol. If CJ Ross gave Canelo 115-113 Mayweather still won comfortably with his 117-111 and 116-112 cards. Lol 4+2=8
                  charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Barely? Lol. If CJ Ross gave Canelo 115-113 Mayweather still won comfortably with his 117-111 and 116-112 cards. Lol 4+2=8
                    Lara... Khan cards before knockout.. I can go on...

Comment

Working...
                    X