Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Joshua Location Will Be Dictated By The Pandemic, Says Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Fury-Joshua Location Will Be Dictated By The Pandemic, Says Warren

    Frank Warren, co-promoter for WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury, believes that it's going to be difficult to stage a unification with Anthony Joshua in a large UK venue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    I haven't seen Warren's interview with Talk Sport so I don't know the context of his comments. I imagine they asked him directly about the AJ/Fury site location but I still don't think he should have said anything on it. Fury has a fight with Wilder scheduled and that's the only thing he should be speaking of. That's my two cents anyway.
    Rodtang and TrillScottHeron like this.

    Comment


    • #3
      There are no type of negotiations going up and Team Fury already coming up with the excuses.

      COVID IS OLD NEWS. WE dont care about covid

      CANELO ALVAREZ who is arguably the biggest draw in boxing today, has fought like 4 times during the pandemic. Whats the problem?

      Comment


      • #4
        If they both win their next bouts...............

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by FinlandsFinest View Post
          There are no type of negotiations going up and Team Fury already coming up with the excuses.

          COVID IS OLD NEWS. WE dont care about covid

          CANELO ALVAREZ who is arguably the biggest draw in boxing today, has fought like 4 times during the pandemic. Whats the problem?
          More to the point Joshua has already fought in the UK once during the pandemic and has another booked for Sep at Spurs stadium which holds 60K+, not sure if they are planning full capacity.

          The thing is, you can say covid is old news and you don't care about it, problem is no one cares what you think.

          Promoters do care about booking a 90K stadium then being told live sport with crowds is off, thats the problem. Obviously Matchroom is looking to push ahead with Joshua v Usyk, but these things are not a certainty.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes and you and fury had the perfect offer in your hands with a guaranteed 100 million dollar purse for fury and you ran away from it....which would have been next month and that kind of money you could have sat covid out while you spent your money.
            They called for the fight , Hearn delivered it and arum, Warren and fury bottled it.
            Zoffeler and Rodtang like this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by andocom View Post

              More to the point Joshua has already fought in the UK once during the pandemic and has another booked for Sep at Spurs stadium which holds 60K+, not sure if they are planning full capacity.

              The thing is, you can say covid is old news and you don't care about it, problem is no one cares what you think.

              Promoters do care about booking a 90K stadium then being told live sport with crowds is off, thats the problem. Obviously Matchroom is looking to push ahead with Joshua v Usyk, but these things are not a certainty.
              fury turned down a 100 million dollar purse against Joshua which would have been next month.....I don’t want to hear bull**** about fury , Warren and arum wanting a big stadium......it was in there hands and they ran away from it and yes this fight will be dictated by covid which was going to be in Saudi.....fury will never fight Joshua because he knows he will get beat.

              august would have been perfect for this fight

              Zoffeler and REDEEMER like this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                fury turned down a 100 million dollar purse against Joshua which would have been next month.....I don’t want to hear bull**** about fury , Warren and arum wanting a big stadium......it was in there hands and they ran away from it and yes this fight will be dictated by covid which was going to be in Saudi.....fury will never fight Joshua because he knows he will get beat.

                august would have been perfect for this fight
                Get em Plunger . Ha

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  fury turned down a 100 million dollar purse against Joshua which would have been next month.....I don’t want to hear bull**** about fury , Warren and arum wanting a big stadium......it was in there hands and they ran away from it and yes this fight will be dictated by covid which was going to be in Saudi.....fury will never fight Joshua because he knows he will get beat.

                  august would have been perfect for this fight
                  Complete agree on some points, love him or hate him Hearn delivered on the undisputed fight, in every way he could.

                  To say Fury turned the undisputed down is a stretch though IMO. He was ordered to fight Wilder via legally binding arbitration, it wasn't the WBC ordering it, he couldn't just drop the belt and go ahead. If Fury ignored that ruling he no doubt would have been sued, OK can still live with that, also the US broadcasters would have been sued, now we have a real problem, no network is going to go ahead knowing it is in breach of a legally binding ruling.

                  So I guess it comes down to do you think Fury fully knew the situation before the arbitration, did Arum sabotage it or just mishandle it. If its true as the arbitration seemed to point to that Arum could have formally extinguished the rematch but just failed to you have to wonder.

                  Personally I think Fury & Warren would much prefer to be fighting Joshua and getting the most money, I have a feeling Arum is maybe more interested in derailing Hearn and having another US fight.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Since you done absolutely feck all work on the first deal Frank I don't really see how you would know. When was as the last time you booked a massive stadium for one of your fighters Frank. You'll get no say on the next deal either Frank as your out of your depth lol. But there's always the copperbox available for you to book some WBO European title fights in while the big boys set about making some real fights Frank. Stay lucky Frank.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP