Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Fights Through Early Fire, Stops Carlos Takam in Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clegg
    replied
    Joyce is coming along nicely. Would like him to mix him shots up a little more, Takam was moving his head up and down a lot, begging for an uppercut. I didn't like the stoppage but agree Takam was on the way out before long

Leave a comment:

• Toffee
    replied
    Originally posted by aaronbnb View Post

stop it with connected to a drip. he took some shots. that's the fight game. guys get hurt and try to recover. most shots were hitting his shoulders or gloves.

you know what actually gets guys connected to a drip? getting screwed out of fights and then having to take fight after fight to get back to that position in the rankings and get another shot at the big time. that's what makes this sport hard to watch, not a guy seeing stars and trying to defend himself.

but hey, Takam is a easy guy to screw. He's 40 years old and no one will care, except his family.
    He had a massive bloke hitting him. He wasn't offering anything in return. It's very simple. You stop the fight. Some hit his gloves but most were hitting his head.

You don't need to wait for the next two or three big shots to land so that your lust for Takam to be splayed on the canvas is satisfied.

Anyone involved in boxing knows that's a stoppage.

Leave a comment:

• Flabble Scrote
    replied
    Originally posted by Corelone View Post

You just described Joe. He's slow, he pushes his punches, he gets countered off his jab. 50-50 fight. Joe eats more leather than Hrgovic.
    Yeah fair enough I'm not watching much boxing at the mo haha Joyce and Parker is a great fight

Leave a comment:

• aaronbnb
    replied
    Originally posted by Toffee View Post

I can't understand this.

I counted about 20 punches without the slightest hint of a reply. That's why it was stopped.

Your desire to see Carlos Takam connected to a drip isn't anything to do with the sport of boxing.
    stop it with connected to a drip. he took some shots. that's the fight game. guys get hurt and try to recover. most shots were hitting his shoulders or gloves.

you know what actually gets guys connected to a drip? getting screwed out of fights and then having to take fight after fight to get back to that position in the rankings and get another shot at the big time. that's what makes this sport hard to watch, not a guy seeing stars and trying to defend himself.

but hey, Takam is a easy guy to screw. He's 40 years old and no one will care, except his family.
    Last edited by aaronbnb; 07-25-2021, 08:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• aaronbnb
    replied
    This stoppage is why I can understand Teofimo not wanting to go to Australia. He gets wobbled once and the ref will look to stop the fight for the hometown fighter.

Leave a comment:

• Liondw
    replied
    The fight was stopped too soon, British refs for you. Joyce is a very good fighter, even if he looks very slow onscreen. Fury and Joshua would beat him easily though.

Leave a comment:

• Scotland The Brave
    replied
    This wasn't an early stoppage IMO. I think far too many boxing fans seem to be living in the 20th century, back when 15 rounds was the norm for title fights and no-one cared about the long-term effects of concussions and brain injuries. It's a different world now. Referees and Boxing Commissions have to take their responsibilities for boxers' health much more seriously now. If a guy is getting pummelled for 20 seconds, bloodied in the mouth, eyes glazed over, not throwing back, then none of the powers that be will criticize a ref for ending a fight. The show was only heading towards one conclusion at that point. An extra ten or twenty seconds of punishment could be the difference between a happy comfortable retirement with your kids and taking your meals through a straw for the rest of your (much shortened) life.
    Last edited by Scotland The Brave; 07-25-2021, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Nash out
    replied
    Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

So you think it's impossible for Joyce a man who stalks and pressures opponents with the most atg chin you or I have ever witnessed (let's be honest here)
    couldn't replicate what is his bread and butter style of imposing himself like fury did over wilder ..if Joyce gets through 2 rounds with wilder he's going to have him blowing out his arse

Joyce would be a huge favorite personally if he fought wilder...what fury did was nothing too special to me and he managed to take wilder punches lets not forget
    Joyce can take anyone's power except Wilder's. Fury took only a few shots because he has a great defence. Joyce will have to take too many shots in the early rounds for his chin to be able to hold up. Nash out.

Leave a comment:

• Stuntman Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Might not be an absolute fact, but let's be honest, it's a high likelihood. I'm English, but I think these "A STAR" referees are the worst in the world, and we have the worst judges.

The Nash says I think Fury makes light work of Joyce. I think stylistically, he is a nightmare for him. Wilder sparks him out. Joyce is to easy to hit clean. I'd give Joyce a 40% chance vs Joshua though. Joshua hits hard, but not in the single shot way that Wilder does. Joyce vs Ruiz or Hrgovic would interest me as well. Nash out
    Takam was saved it's ok to admit that,the stoppage prior was a joke but the Joyce one...did you see takams face plus he looked like he was drowning underwater it was a good stoppage

Leave a comment:

• Stuntman Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Might not be an absolute fact, but let's be honest, it's a high likelihood. I'm English, but I think these "A STAR" referees are the worst in the world, and we have the worst judges.

The Nash says I think Fury makes light work of Joyce. I think stylistically, he is a nightmare for him. Wilder sparks him out. Joyce is to easy to hit clean. I'd give Joyce a 40% chance vs Joshua though. Joshua hits hard, but not in the single shot way that Wilder does. Joyce vs Ruiz or Hrgovic would interest me as well. Nash out
    So you think it's impossible for Joyce a man who stalks and pressures opponents with the most atg chin you or I have ever witnessed (let's be honest here)
    couldn't replicate what is his bread and butter style of imposing himself like fury did over wilder ..if Joyce gets through 2 rounds with wilder he's going to have him blowing out his arse

Joyce would be a huge favorite personally if he fought wilder...what fury did was nothing too special to me and he managed to take wilder punches lets not forget

Leave a comment:

Working...
X