Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crawford is talking to the media about the Porter fight. Porter won’t even acknowledge the fight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crawford is talking to the media about the Porter fight. Porter won’t even acknowledge the fight.

Remember this when Porter ducks the mandatory.
    PinkGod likes this.

Why would he duck the mandatory when his team was working for this fight and worked for the 60/40 split? Make it make sense!!!!!

The WBO ruled Crawford must earn a 60 percent cut of the purse split, with Porter collecting the remaining 40 percent.
    Valcarcel said it required some “behind-the-scenes” negotiating with both fight camps to finalize his order.
    ​​​​​​
    “I’m sure (Crawford-Porter) will happen, too, because I have been working underground,” Valcarcel said. “Sometimes, you can’t work publicly. You work behind the scenes to get the result. It’s one of the best fights we can have now. Everybody wants to see this fight.”
    https://theathletic.com/2723991/2021...shared_article

Comment

WAIT?

Terence Crawford’s team negotiated with Shawn Porter’s team to make this fight happen?

I thought Crawford intentionally signed with Top Rank to avoid fighting Shawn Porter.

I thought he was preventing the WBO from calling the mandatory through Bob Arum.

Wow, I guess none of that is true and Terence Crawford really is trying to make big fights. Thanks for clarifying!

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Why would he duck the mandatory when his team was working for this fight and worked for the 60/40 split? Make it make sense!!!!!

​​​​​​

https://theathletic.com/2723991/2021...shared_article
      PinkGod likes this.

Comment

The reason why Porter didn't enforce the mandatory previously was because Bud asked him to do so because Bud was apparently negotiating a Pac fight, so, Porter respected it and yielded to the request. Spence ignorant of the gentleman's agreement between Porter and Bud, insinuated in his tweet that Bud is ducking Porter.

The rest is, as they say, history.

Comment

WAIT?

I thought Terence Crawford signed with Top Rank to avoid everyone at welterweight?

You’re telling me he tried to fight an eight division champion first and then settled on Shawn Porter?

Wow. I guess the “Crawford is ducking everyone” narrative really doesn’t make sense, does it?

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
          The reason why Porter didn't enforce the mandatory previously was because Bud asked him to do so because Bud was apparently negotiating a Pac fight, so, Porter respected it and yielded to the request. Spence ignorant of the gentleman's agreement between Porter and Bud, insinuated in his tweet that Bud is ducking Porter.

The rest is, as they say, history.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            WAIT?

Terence Crawford’s team negotiated with Shawn Porter’s team to make this fight happen?

I thought Crawford intentionally signed with Top Rank to avoid fighting Shawn Porter.

I thought he was preventing the WBO from calling the mandatory through Bob Arum.

Wow, I guess none of that is true and Terence Crawford really is trying to make big fights. Thanks for clarifying!

Um, what? When the hell did I say any of that? When did I ever say anything about Bud not wanting these big fights? I've been proven right with how Bob has moved and how he tries the play the media game instead of actually working to make fights for Bud. His manager said just that and now they have taken matters to their own hands.

Comment

It’s not about mocking you at all.

Im not actually and I apologize if it seemed that way.

Im pointing out that people who know the narrative know Terence Crawford hasn’t been choosing to avoid Errol Spence, Manny Pacquiao and whoever else.

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Um, what? When the hell did I say any of that? When did I ever say anything about Bud not wanting these big fights? I've been proven right with how Bob has moved and how he tries the play the media game instead of actually working to make fights for Bud. His manager said just that and now they have taken matters to their own hands.

Comment

I could've sworn everyone was saying Bud was ducking Porter, Now that Shawn has to fight everyone is radio silent....Whatever Bud will stop Shawn. If not he'll outclass him.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkGod View Post
                  I could've sworn everyone was saying Bud was ducking Porter, Now that Shawn has to fight everyone is radio silent....Whatever Bud will stop Shawn. If not he'll outclass him.
                  You forgetting that Porter got the run-around for so long hed be justified in moving on as the A side for more money.(not saying he'll do that,but it wouldn't be a duck if he fights Ugas for the title as the A side. Bud done wasted so much of Porters time already)

Comment

Working...
                  X