No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford vs. Shawn Porter is Ordered By The WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post

Majority, if not all, of top PBC fighters have their own promotional company under PBC.
    I already had heard that Porter deal was up with PBC.. why his Dad had been attempting to negotiate this fight with Top Rank earlier this year

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

He earned it about as much as Thurman did, or Lara or GG. All regular champions who were elevated to super.
      So basically being e-mail champ like Haney? LMFAO!

Comment

FK me I think Porter has a chance. Against this particular opponent I think his style has a chance. Crawford is great! I think he beats almost anyone and Porter has no where near the boxing talent/quick think IQ as Crawford and all that but even if he dont match the talent level, fkng Porter has the style level. He knows how to use his style to neutralise guys with more talent and I think his style is augmented by his size as well. I dont think Porter is a pressure fighter, I think he is a head first smother fighter with nice boxing skillz in between.. Never amazing but always effective. Hes at a high level because hes perfected this unusual style. Mental strength is equally at the highest possible level for both fighters. Crawford usually has the advantage but not this time. However, will to win is Buds biggest strength. I want to see this!
        Last edited by Wacked_Out; 07-22-2021, 02:36 AM.
        OldTerry likes this.

Comment

After doing more research this is INTERESTING! Sounds to me that maybe Shawn Team forced the WBO hand and made them renege on moving Porter down to #2 and moving up Ortiz to #1

Not only that but now all of a sudden the Split would be 60/40? Clearly something happened for the WBO to now all of a sudden have a change of plans out of nowhere

Comment

Lots of "boxing" fans on here using this to discredit Crawford. When the fight wasn't ordered, it was.... Crawford doesn't want it, he is scared, "Duckford", etc. When the fight is ordered... Crawford is cornered, Shawn Porters team forced their hand, praises for Shawn, etc.

I just don't get it. The same fans that say **** like "Spence is doing exactly what he said he was going to do, clear his side of the street and then fight Crawford" are some of the same fans ignoring the fact that Crawford said if the Pacquiao fight didn't happen he would fight Porter. This is exactly what I personally was hoping for, because I rather see this than Pac at this point in his career. Crawford without the eye test is proven and he is a top fighter. I think he is going to win this fight, but I wouldn't be surprised if Shawn made this one rough. Porter has definitely faced better competition at Welter, but I feel as though Crawford has more good wins at Welter than Shawn. I think they both want/wanted the fight and I'm glad they are both getting the opportunity.
            ShaneMosleySr and SweetPbfAli like this.

Comment

The best fight we'll probably get for Crawford, maybe ever at this point. Intrigued to see how he takes Porter's pressure/strength. I still don't feel like Crawford is a big welter.
              Fists_of_Fury likes this.

Comment

Also, if you take into account how close/controversial most of Porter's losses were – dude has a pretty decent resume at welterweight.
                OldTerry likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
                  FK me I think Porter has a chance. Against this particular opponent I think his style has a chance. Crawford is great! I think he beats almost anyone and Porter has no where near the boxing talent/quick think IQ as Crawford and all that but even if he dont match the talent level, fkng Porter has the style level. He knows how to use his style to neutralise guys with more talent and I think his style is augmented by his size as well. I dont think Porter is a pressure fighter, I think he is a head first smother fighter with nice boxing skillz in between.. Never amazing but always effective. Hes at a high level because hes perfected this unusual style. Mental strength is equally at the highest possible level for both fighters. Crawford usually has the advantage but not this time. However, will to win is Buds biggest strength. I want to see this!
                  This post is really, really well thought out, spot on, thanks.

IMO, the fight is a must see, a fight I will gladly pay for.
                  greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Porter is tailor made for Bud.. ends in a KO

Comment

Originally posted by Slicc View Post
                      I'll honestly be shocked if Porter takes this fight.
                      For 40%? He would jumped at this.

Comment

Working...
                      X