No announcement yet.

Takam beats Joyce

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
    Takam's only chance is in the first 2 rounds. Jennings is not a puncher at all, and he had Joyce massively hurt in the first round when he caught him cold, and that was a close fight. Takam has decent durability too, whilst he couldn't handle Dereck Chisora's very good power, he handled Anthony Joshua's slightly lesser power very well before the dodgy, hometown-Hearn-payoff-stoppage. Nash out - boxing expert.
    Where to begin?
    Derrick chisora has more power than Anthony Joshua?
    People in this thread keep saying Joyce was hurt by jennings cold in the first round like he was wobbled by a punch in the jaw.. jennings caught Joyce being lazy and too comfortable with a good left hook to the liver,anything else jennings landed Joyce took like it was nothing and he recovered from the body shot extremely well and gave some back

Joyce's chin has held up to everything he's absorbed..never once rocked

Fair play the bodyshot hurt him but if you go back and watch that round he was toying with jennings 10 seconds in like what foreman used to do with no respect at all

its like saying khan wobbled maidana in their first round of their fight..khan never once rocked maidanas chin..he did hurt him with a bodyshot he never saw coming though

Stuntman Mike out - Nash outs embarassed father
    Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 07-20-2021, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Where to begin?
      Derrick chisora has more power than Anthony Joshua?
      People in this thread keep saying Joyce was hurt by jennings cold in the first round like he was wobbled by a punch in the jaw.. jennings caught Joyce being lazy and too comfortable with a good left hook to the liver,anything else jennings landed Joyce took like it was nothing and he recovered from the body shot extremely well and gave some back

Joyce's chin has held up to everything he's absorbed..never once rocked

Fair play the bodyshot hurt him but if you go back and watch that round he was toying with jennings 10 seconds in like what foreman used to do with no respect at all

its like saying khan wobbled maidana in their first round of their fight..khan never once rocked maidanas chin..he did hurt him with a bodyshot he never saw coming though

Stuntman Mike out - Nash outs embarassed father
      If Takam knocks Joyce out by a body shot, then it's still a knockout, maybe Joyce has a weakness there. Khan had Maidana down for 9, and he was crying, so he was very hurt, body or head, it doesn't matter, pain is pain, dropped is dropped, stopped is stopped. Joyce did very well vs Dubois, but I felt it was experience as much as anything else that won him that fight. Can he beat an old, hungry lion in Takam, the man who walked through hundreds of Joshua's best shots like they were thrown by Malignaggi. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

If Takam knocks Joyce out by a body shot, then it's still a knockout, maybe Joyce has a weakness there. Khan had Maidana down for 9, and he was crying, so he was very hurt, body or head, it doesn't matter, pain is pain, dropped is dropped, stopped is stopped. Joyce did very well vs Dubois, but I felt it was experience as much as anything else that won him that fight. Can he beat an old, hungry lion in Takam, the man who walked through hundreds of Joshua's best shots like they were thrown by Malignaggi. Nash out.
        Then you should have stated that you think Takam can knock Joyce out with a bodyshot because he was hurt by jennings in the first round with a bodyshot ,instead you write a huge paragraph of vague trash with no opinion just vague accounts of a previous fight

You said Joyce was rocked by jennings

Not Joyce was hurt by a bodyshot

Anything Joyce took after including a flush left hook literally less than 2 seconds after the body shot never phased Joyce one bit

You tried to imply he was vulnerable but fact Joyce has never been rocked to the chin

Hes been hurt by a bodyshot and I doubt we will see a repeat of that again

Is Amir Khan known for having tremendous body punches?

Pretty sure maidana had 9 fights after the khan one and was never hurt to the body the same way khan did

Even your hero mayweather couldn't do it

with your logic takam is going somehow hurt Joyce because jennings hurt him with a bodyshot he never saw coming and you can't deny that Joyce wasn't playing with jennings..he certainly didn't get on dubois the same way he did jennings

Joyce showed no respect and made a mistake

I highly doubt takam will make a dent in Joyce regardless of what he lands

Thats from proper evaluation of fights

Boxing expert out
        Last edited by Stuntman Mike; 07-20-2021, 06:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Then you should have stated that you think Takam can knock Joyce out with a bodyshot because he was hurt by jennings in the first round with a bodyshot ,instead you write a huge paragraph of vague trash with no opinion just vague accounts of a previous fight

You said Joyce was rocked by jennings

Not Joyce was hurt by a bodyshot

Anything Joyce took after including a flush left hook literally less than 2 seconds after the body shot never phased Joyce one bit

You tried to imply he was vulnerable but fact Joyce has never been rocked to the chin

Hes been hurt by a bodyshot and I doubt we will see a repeat of that again

Is Amir Khan known for having tremendous body punches?

Pretty sure maidana had 9 fights after the khan one and was never hurt to the body the same way khan did

Even your hero mayweather couldn't do it

with your logic takam is going somehow hurt Joyce because jennings hurt him with a bodyshot he never saw coming and you can't deny that Joyce wasn't playing with jennings..he certainly didn't get on dubois the same way he did jennings

Joyce showed no respect and made a mistake

I highly doubt takam will make a dent in Joyce regardless of what he lands

Thats from proper evaluation of fights

Boxing expert out
          Nash expects Joyce to win, he just feels that Takam is a worthy opponent and can't be ruled out. Nash out.
          Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

What good shots did he land on Josh apart from the head butt? Some of you just talk like the fight isn’t on YouTube. And with the early head butt that broke Josh’s nose early - it was a shut out.

Jennings had Joyce on jelly legs despite having no power and went the distance. Stiverne went 6 or 7 rds with him. Takam will beat him.
            So let me get this straight....
            • You picked Takam to win.
            • I replied and said "Nah, everyone overrates him. He's shit. Joyce in 5."
            • You reply to argue with me that the reason Takam is overrated is false, and that he's actually worse than even I think he is. and I think he's terrible.
            • ..... and you're picking Takam to win?
            unnamed.jpg

Comment

Well... I picked DuBois to beat Joyce. And I was wrong. Seems like a ton of people on here are afraid to own being wrong. Not me. Also, I have played the same numbers in the lottery since 2002. Been wrong on them twice a week ever since. Still playing them. At least I am consistent.

But picking Takem to beat Joyce is a different situation. Takem is not a scrub, he is a pro and a proven commodity. But he is "B" level. He has come up short against every top level fighter he has warred against. So this is not about Takem. We know what he is. We have historic proof. He will come to fight and leave what he has in the ring. Any prediction you have is about Joyce. Do you think he is "B" level, or is he among the top fighters at HW? When I picked DuBois over him, it was based more on what I thought DuBois was than what I was thinking Joyce had proven. I knew Joyce was for real, I just thought DuBois was going to be better at HW than he actually ended up being. Sort of like my lottery numbers. Thought they were gold when I decided on them. Ends up so far not so much. Historically proven at this point. BangEm obviously feels Joyce is "B" level and ripe for the picking. Fine. So far, not a one in this thread seems to agree. I think Joyce is legit, though I doubt he beats either of the top 2 at HW. Wilder is the same as with every HW. He either lands on Joyce or Joyce wins. I think Ortiz and Whyte are on his level. And I think anyone of them beat Takem. Including Joyce. I think Takem ends on his feet, but he is a wide UD decision loser to Joyce.

As for my lottery, screw it. I will continue to play my "B" level numbers. I only need to be right once before I die.
              Marchegiano likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

100 for you, fella.
                Cool bud, see you then

Comment

Takam completely gassed in four and was finished by the next clean shot he ate.

Like I said, he's shit.
                  landotter likes this.

Comment

I gave Takam the benefit of the doubt to say he would survive. Nope. Not even halfway. I do believe he gave it his all, but his all was not even good enough to make the double digits. People can argue an early stoppage. But it was academic. Joyce was going to KO him. No reason to drag it out and harm the man's chance to lose to another top HW and get a paycheck.

Takam is done.

Joyce needs to tighten up his defense. Right now, any tactician at HW would beat him.

Comment

Joyce doesn’t seem like much if you can slip the jab and change gears.

Usyk would dominate and win a decision.

Joshua would KO him.

Comment

Working...
                      X