Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people pretend anyone at HW could beat Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

I disagree. Either young Klitz or Lewis would be a problem for ANY of today’s CURRENT heavyweight boxers.
    Wlad, Vitali and Lewis would be problems for any HW's in history.
    JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

This is the best era of HW's ever. The 90s was garbage, if you said that, I'd agree. Mike Tyson wouldn't be top 20 in today's brilliant era. Kronk is the GOAT. Nash out.
      Really? Are you including the 70s in your assessment? In the 90s you had Holyfield, Lennox, Tua, Bowe.....I say all those four knock out any HW in this era. And we all know the 70s was the greatest era ever in HW boxing. Watch more HW fights on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

Really? Are you including the 70s in your assessment? In the 90s you had Holyfield, Lennox, Tua, Bowe.....I say all those four knock out any HW in this era. And we all know the 70s was the greatest era ever in HW boxing. Watch more HW fights on YouTube.
        Holyfield and Lewis were world class, Bowe was outclassed twice by a journeyman in Golota in his prime, and is as best B level, no better than Dillian Whyte, actually, I'd say worse, and Tua is just a forgotten HW, and rightly so. Fury could beat him blindfolded.

Comment

Back to OP's subject. Wilder is now considered chinny because he was "knocked out", although he wasn't put flat on his back unconscious. I hate the stigma of a boxer being knocked out and then deemed "washed up" by the boxing experts. It puts me off the sport and why boxing is so ****ing boring today.

Comment

Holyfield and Lewis were world class, Bowe was outclassed twice by a journeyman in Golota in his prime, and is as best B level, no better than Dillian Whyte, actually, I'd say worse, and Tua is just a forgotten HW, and rightly so. Fury could beat him blindfolded.
            Bowe was an awesome boxer with a sweet as **** jab. He beats 10 Whytes in the same night. And Golota was not a journeyman, he was a legit contender who could have beat Bowe and gone to win the belt if he wasn't so mentally ****ed up.
            Stuntman Mike likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post

Bowe was an awesome boxer with a sweet as **** jab. He beats 10 Whytes in the same night. And Golota was not a journeyman, he was a legit contender who could have beat Bowe and gone to win the belt if he wasn't so mentally ****ed up.
              Selective memory. Bowe had one great year, even then, that was beating Holyfield 2 out of 3 when he was new to HW, and very undersized, then, he put his belt in the bin to avoid a beating from Lewis. Golota was an average C level fighter, no better than someone like Helenius, Tua, was a man stuck in treacle.

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                This thread title is honestly the first time I've seen it said. Wilder is easily top 3 in a shlt era of hw.
                Ive seen people talk about it a lot. They say Wilder couldn't even beat such and such. That is how it worked with AJ too when he lost to Ruiz, everyone said he is done.
                Modern boxing fans see one L and that means you are finished, doesn't matter the context of the loss, doesn't matter if you come back or not.

All the greats of the past have lost and bounced back, that is what makes them great. The only guy who has avoided the LOSS has been Floyd Mayweather and he is a legend.

I believe Wilder still beats 99% of heavyweights today, the only guy who has a chance of beating Wilder imo is AJ, and that is the fight I originally wanted to see, Wilder vs AJ. I believe Wilder will knock AJ out because of his speed and because of how "standard" Joshua is. I believe his hanging around in midrange is what is going to allow Wilder to land his right hand and end it. I do give AJ a chance because if he can get on the inside and land some combinations I believe he has the power to stop Wilder.
                But SADLY due to boxing politics being **** we will not see this fight ever.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

You know... a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... Someone said "Ortiz is old. He is a wash!! A bum." And like a misguided greek chorus the recriminations were repeated, ad naseum. How many people who say this believe this? And how many who believe this watched his second fight with Wilder? Ortiz may be old but he fought very well that fight. he was active, and he was winning. He was doing what many boxers in the prime of their career do: working off his jab, pressuring Wilder, etc.

You can see when a fighter is out of shape, washed up, etc... Ortiz did not actually look such in his fights with Wilder, especially the second.
                  In the first Wilder fight Ortiz punched himself out with 2 short bursts of aggression toward the end of the 7th round and at the beginning of the 8th after rocking Wilder and and having him seemingly on the verge of defeat.

Failing to close a fight because you don't have enough stamina to keep an attack going for more than 2 minutes is a sign of a shot fighter.

In the second fight Ortiz looked old, slow and shot from the first bell. Yes, he was outscoring Deontay, but only because Deontay was doing nothing except wait for an opening to land his big right hand.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 07-21-2021, 12:35 PM.
                  REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Selective memory. Bowe had one great year, even then, that was beating Holyfield 2 out of 3 when he was new to HW, and very undersized, then, he put his belt in the bin to avoid a beating from Lewis. Golota was an average C level fighter, no better than someone like Helenius, Tua, was a man stuck in treacle.
                    Jesus christ you know literally nothing about boxing

You need to get your eyes fixed and lay off the whacky

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntman Mike View Post

Jesus christ you know literally nothing about boxing

You need to get your eyes fixed and lay off the whacky
                      Everything I said was right. I've watched boxing for 30 years, and make thousands, upon thousands in boxing betting every year. I've posted many of my bets on here before, such as Lopez beating Loma. You need to stop being ignorant and realise that you can learn a lot from Nash. I'm a boxing Scene Hall of Famer for a reason. Nash out.

Comment

Working...
                      X