Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some people pretend anyone at HW could beat Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

In the first Wilder fight Ortiz punched himself out with 2 short bursts of aggression toward the end of the 7th round and at the beginning of the 8th after rocking Wilder and and having him seemingly on the verge of defeat.

Failing to close a fight because you don't have enough stamina to keep an attack going for more than 2 minutes is a sign of a shot fighter.

In the second fight Ruiz looked old, slow and shot from the first bell. Yes, he was outscoring Deontay, but only because Deontay was doing nothing except wait for an opening to land his big right hand.
    You did a typo you put Ruiz instead of Ortiz but yea many conveniently ignore the actual reality of the difference of the first Wilder fight vs the second one where Ortiz looked very washed and supposedly trained harder which suggests his body is not capable of handling longer camps as why he looks not even close to the first Wilder fight since .

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

Everything I said was right. I've watched boxing for 30 years, and make thousands, upon thousands in boxing betting every year. I've posted many of my bets on here before, such as Lopez beating Loma. You need to stop being ignorant and realise that you can learn a lot from Nash. I'm a boxing Scene Hall of Famer for a reason. Nash out.
      Eddie Futch leaving Bowe had a lot to do with his decline and shortly after his retirement after the first Golota fight . Bowe ducked Lewis would have zero to do with how he could fight at his best . Today he would be a top 5 and box guys like Whyte , Wilder who are stylistically made for him and majority top ten guys ears off because they aren’t Lennox Lewis . In fact Joshua resembles Bowe the most with ability to fight inside at 6”6 throwing crisp power shots even Bowe admitted that and ironically AJ is the best right now because he’s actually defending titles .
      Last edited by REDEEMER; 07-21-2021, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

What we're you watching, Ortiz looked like what he is in the second fight, an OLD MAN.

Yes he was outboxing Wilder, guess what, Eric Molina outboxed Wilder.

Ortiz is a bum who's only good win in his entire career was Bryant Jennings.
        Ortiz looked good to me that fight. He was constantly throwing the jab, working off the jab occasionally hitting with the cross... I mean you really think he looked like a shot fighter? We can agree to disagree.

Comment

Wlad, Vitali and Lewis would be problems for any HW's in history.
          Ok so lets look at Vitali. I think he was better than his brother, and had some decent qualities of durability, chin, power... Now compare him to Liston (bare with me) and you will see what the long game looks like, when evaluating what a fighter is capable of. I use Liston because Liston has some similarities with the unrefined style, psychology and development of a fighter like vitalie. Both men were durable, big, strong, had power and could fight. Heres how a comparison would look after watching tape, evaluating competition, etc...

Liston: Great finisher, intense psychological pressure, strong, great chin, punches in bunches, great jab, defensively ok, could fight all ranges.
          Vitalie: Horrid finisher, no real pschyolgical presence to speak of, strong, great chin, occasionally can throw a combo, decent jab, Defensively ok, only really fights from the outside.

So, this gives you an idea of how Vitalie would probably do against a great heavyweight fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

In the first Wilder fight Ortiz punched himself out with 2 short bursts of aggression toward the end of the 7th round and at the beginning of the 8th after rocking Wilder and and having him seemingly on the verge of defeat.

Failing to close a fight because you don't have enough stamina to keep an attack going for more than 2 minutes is a sign of a shot fighter.

In the second fight Ruiz looked old, slow and shot from the first bell. Yes, he was outscoring Deontay, but only because Deontay was doing nothing except wait for an opening to land his big right hand.
            Ruiz? Thats what Wilder does... "wait to land a big right hand." Again: a puncher's game is in the number of opportunities he gets. Your goal is not to win rounds, but to get the most shots at the gold ring... A great example of this is the Louis Conn fight. louis was being beat the entire fight, and when he got his opportunity he delivered.

In that second fight Ortiz landed jabs, he was winning rounds like he should, and as a smart fighter, if you win the rounds with the jab, why risk the bigger punch? As far as the first fight, Ortiz was no different than many fighters in the division today who lack the ability to fight 3 minutes of every round and tire in the later rounds... what is AJ's excuse? Or Whyte's?

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Ok so lets look at Vitali. I think he was better than his brother, and had some decent qualities of durability, chin, power... Now compare him to Liston (bare with me) and you will see what the long game looks like, when evaluating what a fighter is capable of. I use Liston because Liston has some similarities with the unrefined style, psychology and development of a fighter like vitalie. Both men were durable, big, strong, had power and could fight. Heres how a comparison would look after watching tape, evaluating competition, etc...

Liston: Great finisher, intense psychological pressure, strong, great chin, punches in bunches, great jab, defensively ok, could fight all ranges.
              Vitalie: Horrid finisher, no real pschyolgical presence to speak of, strong, great chin, occasionally can throw a combo, decent jab, Defensively ok, only really fights from the outside.

So, this gives you an idea of how Vitalie would probably do against a great heavyweight fighter.
              That's being very selective. For one, you don't need to be a good finisher to win a fight. On top of that, if Ali's KO of Liston happens today, every says Liston is packing glass. Let's put it this way, Tyson Fury beats Liston whether he fights off the back foot, like he did against Wlad, or on the front foot like he did vs Wilder. Liston could only dream of having the variation and skillset of Tyson Fury. Way to much bias goes in favor of these olden day guys.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Ortiz looked good to me that fight. He was constantly throwing the jab, working off the jab occasionally hitting with the cross... I mean you really think he looked like a shot fighter? We can agree to disagree.
                If a fighter is fighting well in every round, but gets KO’ed in a round, he sucks. The work he put in gets erased off of fans minds. It’s how fans have adapted to see fights.

I’m beating you 11 rounds, you KO me in the 12th. I suck. And the fighter who got the KO also sucks, because he lost 11 rounds and his power won him the fight.

So both professional fighters suck according to the guy on the couch.
                billeau2 likes this.

Comment

That's being very selective. For one, you don't need to be a good finisher to win a fight. On top of that, if Ali's KO of Liston happens today, every says Liston is packing glass. Let's put it this way, Tyson Fury beats Liston whether he fights off the back foot, like he did against Wlad, or on the front foot like he did vs Wilder. Liston could only dream of having the variation and skillset of Tyson Fury. Way to much bias goes in favor of these olden day guys.
                  ? Have you watched Liston fight? Liston was probably 40 something when he fought Ali. Fury has never fought a fighter who pressured near what Liston did. Look... I like Tyson, I think he has skills but he has only really fought two fighters of any real rank... And the mark of a great fighter is that they make the other guy NOT able... So in reality if Fury fought Liston, one has to ask not what each man can do, but rather, what each man can do to prevent the other man from doing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

If a fighter is fighting well in every round, but gets KO’ed in a round, he sucks. The work he put in gets erased off of fans minds. It’s how fans have adapted to see fights.

I’m beating you 11 rounds, you KO me in the 12th. I suck. And the fighter who got the KO also sucks, because he lost 11 rounds and his power won him the fight.

So both professional fighters suck according to the guy on the couch.
                    I was going to just "like" the post but I had to add... If you say enough times, "X is washed up" its like the common cold, everyone starts saying it.

Comment

• He'll be easier to beat now that Fury has shown how it's done. Wilder will need to adapt because previously his opponents, including Fury in the first fight, relied on out-boxing him. That was a failed strategy because, as Wilder puts it, he only has to be good for a second of each fight. Fury showed that he can be bullied on the inside if a fighter can slip the right hand to get there.

Comment

Working...
                      X