Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tszyu-Zerafa Grudge Match in Jeopardy Over Growing COVID Restrictions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tszyu-Zerafa Grudge Match in Jeopardy Over Growing COVID Restrictions

A long-brewing grudge match between Tim Tszyu and Michael Zerafa is now in jeopardy. Increased coronavirus-related restrictions in Australia have Zerafa and his team leery of making the trip from Melbourne to Newcastle ahead of the planned July 7 show at Newcastle Entertainment Centre. The development is ongoing, with Team Tszyu scrambling to salvage the long-ago sold-out event amidst a recent spike in cases of different COVID variants prompting lockdowns in Sydney and other areas in Australia.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah they be worried alright, Covid is causing lockdowns all over the Country, they dont muck around here they will lock down a city like a light switch, be a nervous week for the promotors.

Comment

In south africa currently, they instituted a partial hard lockdown, but they did not close the borders to India, and now they blame the citizens.

Anyway, back to boxing. This division has a very big fight, a better one than I previously thought, Charlo-Castano. That's a tough fight.

Comment

Isn’t Tszyu past the zerafa level? Bit of a disappointing fight anyway. Should be fighting a light middle with an internationally known CV with a top 10 ranking where the outcome isn’t a forgone conclusion

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
          Isn’t Tszyu past the zerafa level? Bit of a disappointing fight anyway. Should be fighting a light middle with an internationally known CV with a top 10 ranking where the outcome isn’t a forgone conclusion
          He likely is and he was making noises about Charlo and Castano after his last fight, but when it became apparent that it wasn't happening the obvious move (and the local money) was in the last remaining kinda semi-legit domestic rival. Plus Zerafa's been calling him out for ages and saying he's just cashing on his dad's name. This fight will sell real well in Oz and given that and limitations on Australian travel this was 100% the obvious option...

He's betwixt and between though, too good for domestic level but maybe not quite ready for the elite. I personally think he could use a little more honing before going for the top dogs at 154 but OTOH that probably means going to the US as a B side cos I can't see much reason for any of the US promoters (mainly Al for the 154 fighters) to send anyone to Australia when Tim ain't got any belt or anything... So it's gonna mean Tim coming to the US and a promoter getting behind him and the only guy I've heard express an interest in Arum who ain't really got much at 154 anyway.

That said I reckon Tim Vs Egidijus (although I think he's booked now), Beefy, Sergio Garcia (although he's barely known beyongd Europe) or Kurbanov would all be qualitively better fights and someone like Beefy would really give us a much better idea where Tim stands on an international level... reckon Liam would also be more than happy to travel to Oz too FWIW so that might be a realistic option after Zerafa if Charlo or Castano can't be made.
          BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

He likely is and he was making noises about Charlo and Castano after his last fight, but when it became apparent that it wasn't happening the obvious move (and the local money) was in the last remaining kinda semi-legit domestic rival. Plus Zerafa's been calling him out for ages and saying he's just cashing on his dad's name. This fight will sell real well in Oz and given that and limitations on Australian travel this was 100% the obvious option...

He's betwixt and between though, too good for domestic level but maybe not quite ready for the elite. I personally think he could use a little more honing before going for the top dogs at 154 but OTOH that probably means going to the US as a B side cos I can't see much reason for any of the US promoters (mainly Al for the 154 fighters) to send anyone to Australia when Tim ain't got any belt or anything... So it's gonna mean Tim coming to the US and a promoter getting behind him and the only guy I've heard express an interest in Arum who ain't really got much at 154 anyway.

That said I reckon Tim Vs Egidijus (although I think he's booked now), Beefy, Sergio Garcia (although he's barely known beyongd Europe) or Kurbanov would all be qualitively better fights and someone like Beefy would really give us a much better idea where Tim stands on an international level... reckon Liam would also be more than happy to travel to Oz too FWIW so that might be a realistic option after Zerafa if Charlo or Castano can't be made.
            Makes perfect sense, thank you sir. Are you down under at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Makes perfect sense, thank you sir. Are you down under at the moment?
              No, no, never been... Had an uncle that lived there - patented mining engineer - and a German auntie who still does and I'd love to go over but I can't see it happening any time soon. I have been following young Tsyzu's career quite closely though, was a big fan of the old man.

Comment

What a joke. And these Aussies just take it and take it like good little slaves that they are.

Comment

Working...
                X