Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• waymeather
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm saying it's a good fight. I thought it was a fair assessment.
    That's fair. I'm going to call it an okay fight. Definitely not a bad fight.

Leave a comment:

• famicommander
    replied
    I am sick of Tank and his fake belts.

He won the IBF super featherweight belt legitimately and then lost it on the scales like a clown.

Then he was allowed to fight for the WBA (Super) Super Featherweight Championship even though there was already a champion. They downgraded the sitting champion to (Regular) champion just so Tank could fight for a belt.

Then he won a (Regular) belt at lightweight.

Now he's going for another fake ass (Regular) belt at 140.
    charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by waymeather View Post
    This fight is okay in that Tank is moving up in weight and Barrios is a decent fighter. But let's not make it more than what it is.
    I'm saying it's a good fight. I thought it was a fair assessment.

Leave a comment:

• waymeather
    replied
    This fight is okay in that Tank is moving up in weight and Barrios is a decent fighter. But let's not make it more than what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

From a fan perspective, I don't really like my favorite boxers being on PPV prior to putting the hard work in, fully. PPV doesn't expose them to a larger casual fan audience. I'd have liked to have seen Gervonta develop his fanbase more on free TV before going PPV. Not saying he's not good enough, but it's a little too early for all his fights to be on PPV. I say the same for Spence.

Floyd agrees with you tho: Nobody has to buy it.
    It shouldn't be PPV but I think they know how well Tank draws. Not sure if I'm buying it yet.
    darealperfect! darealperfect! likes this.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Could say the exact same thing about Canelo-Fielding…

Just think it’s a case of levels. I don’t see this a good or interesting fight. I’ll probably just check the result in the morning and watch the KO.
    I'm aware of your opinion by now.

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied

But it's interesting enough matchmaking. If you don't see a clear difference in size with your own eyes then idk what to tell you. Don't like it, don't watch it I guess.
    Could say the exact same thing about Canelo-Fielding…

Just think it’s a case of levels. I don’t see this a good or interesting fight. I’ll probably just check the result in the morning and watch the KO.
    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 06-21-2021, 09:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BoxingIsGreat
    replied

But it's interesting enough matchmaking. If you don't see a clear difference in size with your own eyes then idk what to tell you. Don't like it, don't watch it I guess.
    From a fan perspective, I don't really like my favorite boxers being on PPV prior to putting the hard work in, fully. PPV doesn't expose them to a larger casual fan audience. I'd have liked to have seen Gervonta develop his fanbase more on free TV before going PPV. Not saying he's not good enough, but it's a little too early for all his fights to be on PPV. I say the same for Spence.

Floyd agrees with you tho: Nobody has to buy it.
    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-21-2021, 09:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by 4truth View Post

If your eyes are better than a scale, more power to you.
    So Barrios has moved up in weight. People fill out. He hasn't campaigned at lightweight in years, a division Davis has only fought once in.

Leave a comment:

• 4truth
    replied

If your eyes are better than a scale, more power to you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X