Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank is in a good fight this weekend and many are dismissing it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by famicommander View Post

    I think he's a talented fighter with two really great wins and a bunch of hollow wins over shot fighters and nobodies beyond that. I also think he's an idiot and a scumbag who will never realize his full potential. He has been handed more opportunities than he deserves and he's gotten away with stuff that would've landed a normal man in prison.
    Fair enough man. I'm not here to defend him, just debating. I don't give a crap about his personal life. Life is a choice. I care about the boxing part. If you follow fighter's personal life too closely, you are a fanboy. Most NSB members aren't that way.

    Comment


    • #32
      Decent enough fight, Mario has the size and whilst he's limited he certainly ain't a soft touch. Not really convinced he's earned a legit ranking though. Thing is if Akhmedov can land on Mario at will then I'm pretty sure Gervonta can find the KO

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
        Decent enough fight, Mario has the size and whilst he's limited he certainly ain't a soft touch. Not really convinced he's earned a legit ranking though. Thing is if Akhmedov can land on Mario at will then I'm pretty sure Gervonta can find the KO
        See, tho, bro. If you are listening to the trolls and haters on here, Gervonta hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 of any division. My question is, why rank him so high then? Why do all his opponents become bums? People really bitch about this guy too much without even talking about his boxing skills, or criticizing it. WTF gives? He's either good or he's not.

        Nothing aimed at you, Chief.

        Comment


        • #34
          With his length reach and solid power and size (plus a fairly quick slip counter to the body), he definitely has the capabilities to make it difficult for davis.

          Davis recently or mostly fought against smaller frontfoot fighters, some more skilled some very basic who he could pick off easily. Dudes who were tailor made for him to look good.

          On tape, barrios hasnt fought that controlled range keeping, sharp punches to keep off his opponent and clinch on the inside when davis steps through his range kind of fight, but he should be capable to do it.
          He has Hunter in his corner who should be aware (because of Ward) on how to shut down someone's offense.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

            What in the world.......
            Santa Cruz is a way better fighter than Barrios. Far, far better.

            You’re opinion of this fight is solely reliant on size difference. Not ability.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

              See, tho, bro. If you are listening to the trolls and haters on here, Gervonta hasn't fought anyone in the top 10 of any division. My question is, why rank him so high then? Why do all his opponents become bums? People really bitch about this guy too much without even talking about his boxing skills, or criticizing it. WTF gives? He's either good or he's not.

              Nothing aimed at you, Chief.
              Trolls gonna troll man, I'm not doing Mario down cos I got anything against Tank but because he was completely outboxed and outworked by Akhmedov and was very fortunate the KDs gave the judges some wriggle room (in fact as I recall it the cards were so bad they were gonna rob Akhmedov even if the KDs hadn't happened). And Mario ain't really fought anyone else so...

              Tank though? I'm unashamedly an eye test dude and I like to think I know talent when I see it. The Pedraza win was excellent given Tanks stage of development and whilst he hasn't had any exceptional wins since he has racked up some fairly decent wins in emphatic fashion.

              If I have any concerns with Gervonta it ain't with his native talent but with his dedication and commitment, especially when he seemed to be having issues making weight and other out of ring **** going on.

              Lotta that's been assuaged with him being disciplined enough to make weight for LSC though and from some of his comments I reckon there's good reason to hope the young man's turned a bit of a corner - hope so at least, cos it'd be a shame if he didn't make the most of his gifts.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

                Santa Cruz is a way better fighter than Barrios. Far, far better.

                You’re opinion of this fight is solely reliant on size difference. Not ability.
                It was always a foregone conclusion. I dismissed the fight and called the KO as soon as it was rumored.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

                  It was always a foregone conclusion. I dismissed the fight and called the KO as soon as it was rumored.
                  It was competitive up until the KO though and that doesn’t change the fact Santa Cruz is still a damn good fighter. We still give Mike credit for destroying Spinks for example, it’s same sort of parallels.

                  I guess we’ll see on the night whether Barrios is competitive or not, I’ll fully admit if I’m wrong but I just don’t see him troubling Tank in any way.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    tank coin this guy. its not going past 8!!







                    [Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      And it's completely Tank's fault for years of careful matchmaking after the Pedraza fight. It's been complete **** since then so when he's in a good fight people are writing it off immediately. I'm looking forward to it actually. I've always liked Barrios...
                      It should be a fun fight while it lasts. Not a total mismatch like some think it is imo but i guess we'll see. But this should absolutely NOT be a $75 PPV. Thats my biggest issue with all of this.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X
                      TOP