No announcement yet.

Tank is in a good fight this weekend and many are dismissing it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waymeather View Post
    This fight is okay in that Tank is moving up in weight and Barrios is a decent fighter. But let's not make it more than what it is.
    I'm saying it's a good fight. I thought it was a fair assessment.

Comment

I am sick of Tank and his fake belts.

He won the IBF super featherweight belt legitimately and then lost it on the scales like a clown.

Then he was allowed to fight for the WBA (Super) Super Featherweight Championship even though there was already a champion. They downgraded the sitting champion to (Regular) champion just so Tank could fight for a belt.

Then he won a (Regular) belt at lightweight.

Now he's going for another fake ass (Regular) belt at 140.
      charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I'm saying it's a good fight. I thought it was a fair assessment.
        That's fair. I'm going to call it an okay fight. Definitely not a bad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

He won the IBF super featherweight belt legitimately and then lost it on the scales like a clown.

Then he was allowed to fight for the WBA (Super) Super Featherweight Championship even though there was already a champion. They downgraded the sitting champion to (Regular) champion just so Tank could fight for a belt.

I don't really care about the WBA regular title all that much since we do know who the real 140 lb champion is. The thing with Machado was dirty though, I'm with you on that. The guy who just beat Alvarado should be the WBA Super champion right now. There's a lineage there.

Comment

It shouldn't be PPV but I think they know how well Tank draws. Not sure if I'm buying it yet.
            I think this fight will sell on PPV, on a lower scale. Maybe he can sell out the arena too. Either way, I don't care about their economics, but Barrios is a good fighter. People resent the bout because they know how good Davis is, even moving up. His haters on this site seem to overrate him unconsciously more than his fans.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-21-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post

What do you think of him as a fighter in the ring without any fake belts?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

I think this fight will sell on PPV, on a lower scale. Maybe he can sell out the arena too. Either way, I don't care about their economics, but Barrios is a good fighter. People resent the bout because they know how good Davis is, even moving up. His haters on this site seem to overrate him unconsciously more than his fans.
                I guess. His career hasn't been great and the fact that this is the first good fight he's been in since beating Jose Pedraza says something though.
                charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

I guess. His career hasn't been great and the fact that this is the first good fight he's been in since beating Jose Pedraza says something though.
                  I can't agree with the bold, respectfully. Many complications in making fights these days. Where did Loma's career go after beating Pedraza? I don't count Campbell and Linares. Gamboa would beat those nondescript two.

Comment

I think Santa Cruz was a way better fight/win than this one. LSC was and still is a top tier fighter and was only one division below. I actually think Tank doesn’t get enough credit for that win.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

What do you think of him as a fighter in the ring without any fake belts?
                      I think he's a talented fighter with two really great wins and a bunch of hollow wins over shot fighters and nobodies beyond that. I also think he's an idiot and a scumbag who will never realize his full potential. He has been handed more opportunities than he deserves and he's gotten away with stuff that would've landed a normal man in prison.

Comment

Working...
                      X