No announcement yet.

Tank is in a good fight this weekend and many are dismissing it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank is in a good fight this weekend and many are dismissing it

And it's completely Tank's fault for years of careful matchmaking after the Pedraza fight. It's been complete **** since then so when he's in a good fight people are writing it off immediately. I'm looking forward to it actually. I've always liked Barrios...

Liking Barrios is not the same thing as pretending this is a great fight between 2 Top level fighters. Even the claim that Barrios is a lot bigger is more fantasy than fact. These two have been fighting in the same weight classes, both moving up through the weights from below 130.
    charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
      Liking Barrios is not the same thing as pretending this is a great fight between 2 Top level fighters. Even the claim that Barrios is a lot bigger is more fantasy than fact. These two have been fighting in the same weight classes, both moving up through the weights from below 130.
      But it's interesting enough matchmaking. If you don't see a clear difference in size with your own eyes then idk what to tell you. Don't like it, don't watch it I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

But it's interesting enough matchmaking. If you don't see a clear difference in size with your own eyes then idk what to tell you. Don't like it, don't watch it I guess.
        If your eyes are better than a scale, more power to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post

If your eyes are better than a scale, more power to you.
          So Barrios has moved up in weight. People fill out. He hasn't campaigned at lightweight in years, a division Davis has only fought once in.

Comment

From a fan perspective, I don't really like my favorite boxers being on PPV prior to putting the hard work in, fully. PPV doesn't expose them to a larger casual fan audience. I'd have liked to have seen Gervonta develop his fanbase more on free TV before going PPV. Not saying he's not good enough, but it's a little too early for all his fights to be on PPV. I say the same for Spence.

Floyd agrees with you tho: Nobody has to buy it.
            Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 06-21-2021, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Could say the exact same thing about Canelo-Fielding…

Just think it’s a case of levels. I don’t see this a good or interesting fight. I’ll probably just check the result in the morning and watch the KO.
              Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 06-21-2021, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Could say the exact same thing about Canelo-Fielding…

Just think it’s a case of levels. I don’t see this a good or interesting fight. I’ll probably just check the result in the morning and watch the KO.
                I'm aware of your opinion by now.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post

From a fan perspective, I don't really like my favorite boxers being on PPV prior to putting the hard work in, fully. PPV doesn't expose them to a larger casual fan audience. I'd have liked to have seen Gervonta develop his fanbase more on free TV before going PPV. Not saying he's not good enough, but it's a little too early for all his fights to be on PPV. I say the same for Spence.

Floyd agrees with you tho: Nobody has to buy it.
                  It shouldn't be PPV but I think they know how well Tank draws. Not sure if I'm buying it yet.
                  darealperfect! likes this.

Comment

This fight is okay in that Tank is moving up in weight and Barrios is a decent fighter. But let's not make it more than what it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X