Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Trainer: There's No Telling What Weight He Will Come In At

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaNeutral.
    replied
    I know it’s heavyweight but the top guys usually have a plan for the weight that is in conjunction with how they are going to fight and who they are going to fight.

The more I hear from Scott and Wilder it sounds like they are just working on Wilder being angry and really up for revenge. Not really ideal at all.

Leave a comment:

• I have no ears
    replied
    Originally posted by Liondw View Post
    It is quite odd to be trained by someone you knocked out, but that doesn't mean that Scott isn't a good trainer.

Wilder is too predictable, he has to add some skill to land the right hand and other punches.
    He didn't knock him out, that's why he's wilder's new trainer, they been best buds since way back when they fixed a fight

Leave a comment:

• Liondw
    replied
    It is quite odd to be trained by someone you knocked out, but that doesn't mean that Scott isn't a good trainer.

Wilder is too predictable, he has to add some skill to land the right hand and other punches.

Leave a comment:

• Tman500
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    Also, there's no telling what weight his next ring walk outfit is going to be.

i think the goal should be 1.75x his bodyweight. If he collapses half way to the ring on his ring walk, they'll know they got it right.

Leave a comment:

• Nash out
    replied
    If it wasn't for Kronk Fury and his voodoo, Wilder would be King right now.

Leave a comment:

• Oldskoolg
    replied
    Originally posted by Get em up View Post

A jab and left hook should be key weapons in this fight for Wilder. If he pumps his jab then side step and shoots a left to the body he can set up the straight right. I agree w iij th the weight you said too. Being more lean will suit him better later in the fight. He just has to stay smart and on point and it's very winnable for him.
    I wonder if Malik is working on drills to keep his hands up as well, he has a tendency to keep his hands lower than temple/chin level

Leave a comment:

• Get em up
    replied
    Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    I would think his goal should be 215-225, i think 209 is just too small for a 290-300lbs Fury who will definitely be looking to use that extra goo to be a weight bully. Wilder may do well to move, jab, work the body in the clinches, and take the fight late
    A jab and left hook should be key weapons in this fight for Wilder. If he pumps his jab then side step and shoots a left to the body he can set up the straight right. I agree w iij th the weight you said too. Being more lean will suit him better later in the fight. He just has to stay smart and on point and it's very winnable for him.

Leave a comment:

• Oldskoolg
    replied
    I would think his goal should be 215-225, i think 209 is just too small for a 290-300lbs Fury who will definitely be looking to use that extra goo to be a weight bully. Wilder may do well to move, jab, work the body in the clinches, and take the fight late

Leave a comment:

• Tatabanya
    replied
    Also, there's no telling what weight his next ring walk outfit is going to be.

Leave a comment:

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Trainer: There's No Telling What Weight He Will Come In At

Malik Scott is not concerned about how many pounds Deontay Wilder will register on the day of the weigh-in for his trilogy fight against Tyson Fury on July 24.
    [Click Here To Read More]
Working...
X