Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeremias Ponce Beats Down, Drops, Stops Lewis Ritson in Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One judge had Lewis Ritson ahead when the fight was stopped, and one had it to Jerry Ponce by 1 round. Tells you all you need to know. Ritson was a domestic-level weight bully at Lightweight. He has always been wide open to shots, has never improved on any aspect of his game, and has been hurt to the body by journeymen before. He has moved up to 140, and seemingly lost all of the size and strength advantages he had over opponents at 135. He can't box, and he doesn't like it when an opponent applies pressure and fights back. Very little optimism going forward, was a joke Eddie Hearn managed to even get him in position for a "Wurl'" title eliminator, Ritson having won a close fight over Robbie Davies Jr. which could have been scored a draw, and then losing to Miguel Vasquez but being gifted a robbery win. Justice prevailed last night though!

Comment

• Damn, not again? Warrington and Ritson! Way to represent! LMAO! Matias vs. Ponce! Make It Happen!

Comment

• That fight made me mad. I thought if Ritson just gave it everything for a single round he could Ko this arm puncher but instead he didnt throw enough and the arm puncher chopped down the tree with a million little chops that I thought Ritson couldve discouraged if hed throw a damn punch.

Comment

• If the referee could have held Ritson up for the last two rounds he would have done

Comment

• Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
            That fight made me mad. I thought if Ritson just gave it everything for a single round he could Ko this arm puncher but instead he didnt throw enough and the arm puncher chopped down the tree with a million little chops that I thought Ritson couldve discouraged if hed throw a damn punch.
            I agree to an extent but u know this game is about hunger and desire and the will to win and even though the guy had to fight both Ritson and the referee it just couldn’t do it

Comment

• Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
              That fight made me mad. I thought if Ritson just gave it everything for a single round he could Ko this arm puncher but instead he didnt throw enough and the arm puncher chopped down the tree with a million little chops that I thought Ritson couldve discouraged if hed throw a damn punch.
              That arm puncher had him hurt to the body from Round 1. Ponce also has a good chin and heart. Really seems like a great kid. Humble in victory. Show him a bit of respect he deserves some shine before Matias batters him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                And another one bites the dust, Sid-Knee.
                Haha, I'm sorry, what???

I favoured Ponce. Ritson has found his level and hasn't had any momentum for the past 3 years.

But you pump with that hot air, may man. Keep the obsession alive. Your insecurity depends on it.

Now Hurd and Ramirez, they're losses to your side. Ritson never was, or ever will be a loss.

What a wally brain. Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by TinAgeOfBoxing View Post
                  These brit bums are terrible no wonder Clenelo likes fighting them so much. The ref was not bad those body shots were not dangerous the brit still had a chance to land a hail mary.
                  We're number 1. Don't you forget.

Now Americans, they're weak. Canelo doesn't need to give them 3 weeks to train or weaken them to win like he has to with us. He can give them a full camp and let them be at full strength like with Jacobs and Trout. He'll let Plant be at full strength too. He'll take care of him. That's if the coward will fight him that is.

Give my love to Rodriguez. He was dominated by a past his best average fighter in Pedraza. But to then quit???? Haha. Yep, he's American alright. Didn't have any broken bones or anything. Just has no heart. Like the rest who run away from everyone and refuse to fight. But they want to stretch their career out considering the average for Americans is 1-2 world class wins before their career is done. One great big factory of hype jobs on a conveyer belt.

Speak soon, darling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post

I remember another one from just a coupla years back but I can't place it right now. Been racking my brains ever since last night... sure it'll come back to me sooner or later.
                    Cotto vs Foreman by any chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Damn, not again? Warrington and Ritson! Way to represent! LMAO! Matias vs. Ponce! Make It Happen!
                      What do you mean, not again? That a fighter lost? Yeah, it happens to every nation. Why, which nation do you think it doesn't happen to?

Strange comment.

Ponce was the favourite for pretty much most over here. This isn't an upset. The Hurd loss was though.

Comment

Working...
                      X