Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outwest Exp 355
    replied
    Originally posted by peakbay View Post

Honestly what have you seen from shields that makes you think she beats Savannah??
    she already beat her in the amateurs her style is also more suited to the pros. She's also bigger,taller,longer reach, better footwork,better timing and more power.

and the fact Savannah is constantly calling her out and shields is avoiding it at all cost speaks volumes.

It's the only fight anyone cares about in her boxing career and she has jumped over to mma to avoid it lol
    Then isn’t Showtime pushing for it? Shields has payed he dues and fought all the best women’s fighters. It’s time to get that bag. People don’t realize Clarissa was putting up better numbers than Joshua when he was fighting on Showtime, Joshua’s fights were mostly during the day but numbers are numbers. She’s 26 and it’s time to go get the bag.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    She appeared very poised, composed and calm each time her opponent when in for the take down. She displayed a tremendous amount of fortitude and will to win her MMA debut. I would like to see more of her in Mixed Martial Arts than boxing.

Leave a comment:

• RightJabLikeZab
    replied
    MMA fans will show Claressa Shields more love than boxing fans have shown her. I'm actually more excited to watch her fights in MMA and I actually paid to go see her fight before lol. I think the adversity she faced in this fight will only be a good thing for her. She has a lot of talent and skill now all she really needs to do is really get acclimated to the new sport.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post

Man Toney was tripping all over himself in the boxing ring right before he went into MMA. Of course he was going to go down quick.
    Toney was already showing signs of CTE by then with the slurring of his speech and the loss of balance and coordination in his movements. He was brain damaged by the time he fought fight Randy Couture at 42 years old in the Octagon.

Leave a comment:

• kafkod
    replied
    Just watched highlights of the fight. Claressa's athleticism, plus heart and composure under pressure, overcame Brittney's skills and experience.

Well done Claressa!

Leave a comment:

• eco1
    replied
    As soon as she fights a real one, she will loose badly. Mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by buddyr View Post

toney didn't even get in shape for boxing, you knew he wouldn't for an mma fight. He was just there for a check
    Bingo!

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by hectari View Post
    Man Claressa Shields got balls man, she was losing that fight but you can see she is calm and collected unlike James Toney who panicked, she won me over here, she also has good base for this, her hips are strong, and she barely trained not bad for a novice she got out of that armbar and new when to explode out, id love her to focus on the ground she will be a beast in MMA
    However, unlike Shields; Tony was old, washed up, out of shape and past his prime. He was 42 years old then.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Congratulations on another great victory! What an athlete? Claressa you are absolutely amazing! You truly are the GWOAT!

Leave a comment:

• KTFOKING
    replied
    Shields composure was impressive as she never panicked being put in bad situations. Going forward she needs to control her emotions as she got too excited and put on her back when she should have kept it on her feet.

Good stuff though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X