Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4truth
    replied
    She has finally found some fighters she might be able to stop.

Leave a comment:

• aaronbnb
    replied
    Boxing rewards the fastest reflexes, coordination, stamina more than MMA. Elite boxers are better athletes than elite MMA fighters. Shields looks like a better athlete than anyone else in the women's MMA game right now. Just needs time, that was a very close call.

Leave a comment:

• buge
    replied
    Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
    Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHxZAQkDTmc&t=1s At 4:31 Shields breaks out of an arm-bar. How often do you see that? Give her credit where credit is due.
    You actually see that fairly often. The girl had a piss-poor attempt at an arm-bar which failed immediately.

Leave a comment:

• buge
    replied
    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

However, unlike Shields; Tony was old, washed up, out of shape and past his prime. He was 42 years old then.
    Toney was also in there with a former multi-division UFC champ, nowhere near a regional-level can like Shields fought. He obviously cashed out though, regardless ... tapped quick and cashed a check.
    Last edited by buge; 06-11-2021, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

You're a fan?

I never would have guessed from the other 50 posts in a row you just made.
    Just continue to be grudgingly envious of her success. Hopefully, you will become a winner someday!

Leave a comment:

• Rapscallion
    replied
    Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHxZAQkDTmc&t=1s At 4:31 Shields breaks out of an arm-bar. How often do you see that? Give her credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by Rapscallion; 06-11-2021, 10:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    Haters! How sad and pathetic? This was Shleld's MMA debut and I thought she performed just beautifully.

You're a fan?

I never would have guessed from the other 50 posts in a row you just made.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    It's just too bad that Logan Paul refused to do to Floyd Mayweather what Shield's did to her very first MMA opponent which was having the will to win.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

This aint the UFC, and she came within 3 minutes of losing to a chick with a 3-6 record.

And what do you mean cant compete in "boxing"? what level of boxing?
    Haters! How sad and pathetic? This was Shleld's MMA debut and I thought she performed just beautifully.

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by buddyr View Post
    I wanted shields to win, but I didn't like that stoppage because i had gave Elkin the first 2 rounds. had the fight ended, if Shields didn't get a 10-8 round, she would have lost
    In situations like that; One have to err on the side of caution. This girl was a soccer mom and was too brave for own good. She displayed a tremendous amount of heart in there against Claressa Shields. Even though she never tapped out; Yet she still was throwing nothing back. Therefore the referee had to call a halt to the action due to the excessive amount of head trauma she was absorbing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X