Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanofreason
    replied
    Just shows how boxing is so dominate over MMA. All a MMA fighter is.....is someone not skilled enough to be a boxer.

Leave a comment:

• peakbay
    replied
    Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

Then isn’t Showtime pushing for it? Shields has payed he dues and fought all the best women’s fighters. It’s time to get that bag. People don’t realize Clarissa was putting up better numbers than Joshua when he was fighting on Showtime, Joshua’s fights were mostly during the day but numbers are numbers. She’s 26 and it’s time to go get the bag.
    Go ask showtime why? Its probably because they don't want their fighter/investment to lose.

The best fighters in women's boxing doesn't mean much does it? who did she beat for those titles? the only test for her in women's boxing is Savannah and probably her biggest payday. But she doesn't want it, she'd rather do mma lol
    It's not as if theres big names in wmma at her weight to fight.
    Nunez has ran out of opposition because of her size and she's smaller than shields.

Leave a comment:

• Cinci Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Great, now she can be unknown in two sports. Her opponent had a 3-5 record. Be interesting to see who she blames for her lack of success in MMA.
    i dont even like her and yes she deserves credit for sure

Leave a comment:

• Cinci Champ
    replied
    Originally posted by buddyr View Post
    I wanted shields to win, but I didn't like that stoppage because i had gave Elkin the first 2 rounds. had the fight ended, if Shields didn't get a 10-8 round, she would have lost
    she was getting rocked

Leave a comment:

• billeau2
    replied
    Originally posted by hectari View Post

I think she needs to quit boxing right now and focus on MMA, she made peanuts in boxing, and boxing doesnt really push women, she already has records in boxing, in MMA she could be a super star especailly if she keeps winning, Holly Holm didn't get signed tot he UFC until she was 36 years old. Shields is young 26 and has more upside, Jackson Wink need to throw her in with nothing but top level grapplers in training and soak it all up

She won me over tonight, and ill root for her only cause it takes guts and she is a true warrior she is different because she really does have heart no quit in her

I thought she would tap easy and was just doing it for a payday, but she didnt tape or give up, so she is serious about this.
    One thing to keep in mind: In MMA Shields does not really have to worry so much with losing a decision. Once she learns to use her punch, setting it up differently than boxing, so she is not prone to the take down, she will knock people out. She just has to develop on the mat. She can use her strength a lot as well...focused strength is an asset against any dominant position.

Leave a comment:

• hectari
    replied
    Originally posted by rocktop View Post

she trained for a year and a half not 3 month, 3 months was just the fight camp. Also Holm was an amateur kickboxer who trained with an mma coach during her boxing career so think your underestimating the work Holm put in before she got to the ufc.
    Where did i underestimate the work holm put in?

Leave a comment:

• Queen_Leia
    replied

That's right, I don't roll around in shyt like you. See ya around troll.
    That what I thought.

Talking s**t from behind your keyboard when you never entered a boxing or MMA ring.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

You ain't been in s**t.
    That's right, I don't roll around in shyt like you. See ya around troll.

Leave a comment:

• Queen_Leia
    replied

I've been in the ring many a time. Speak for yourself "queen".
    You ain't been in s**t.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post

You wouldn't dare to do what she did so STFU.
    I've been in the ring many a time. Speak for yourself "queen".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X