Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lomadeaux
    replied
    Originally posted by Roadblock View Post
    When the boxer is elite and prime they can compete in the UFC, the UFC guys cant in Boxing.
    But a WBC World Champion became a UFC Champion.

The reverse will never happen..

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Right, it's probably all in my head. You don't have a history of anti-black posts or anything.
    Go ahead and post them…

where were you last month when I was trashing Billie Joe Saunders? Guess you missed it. Crawl back in your little Jew-hating hole scumbag.

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

What a surprise that you would come in here and make it about race.
    Right, it's probably all in my head. You don't have a history of anti-black posts or anything.

Leave a comment:

• buddyr
    replied
    Originally posted by peakbay View Post

Go ask showtime why? Its probably because they don't want their fighter/investment to lose.

The best fighters in women's boxing doesn't mean much does it? who did she beat for those titles? the only test for her in women's boxing is Savannah and probably her biggest payday. But she doesn't want it, she'd rather do mma lol
    It's not as if theres big names in wmma at her weight to fight.
    Nunez has ran out of opposition because of her size and she's smaller than shields.
    nunez would beat shields within 1 round. She'd just shoot, take her down and submit her easily. She's a BJJ black belt. Which means, if she gets a someone on the ground without years of experience, it's over..

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied
    Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

What a surprise that you'd come in here to hate on the black fighter.
    What a surprise that you would come in here and make it about race.

Leave a comment:

• ShoulderRoll
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    Great, now she can be unknown in two sports. Her opponent had a 3-5 record. Be interesting to see who she blames for her lack of success in MMA.
    What a surprise that you'd come in here to hate on the black fighter.

Leave a comment:

• Outwest Exp 355
    replied
    Originally posted by peakbay View Post

Go ask showtime why? Its probably because they don't want their fighter/investment to lose.

The best fighters in women's boxing doesn't mean much does it? who did she beat for those titles? the only test for her in women's boxing is Savannah and probably her biggest payday. But she doesn't want it, she'd rather do mma lol
    It's not as if theres big names in wmma at her weight to fight.
    Nunez has ran out of opposition because of her size and she's smaller than shields.
    She’s cashing checks. If she wins this women’s mma tournament, which she probably won’t because that judo chick is good, she wins a million dollars. Savannah can wait a year. It’s not gonna kill her.

Leave a comment:

• breeto80
    replied
    Originally posted by CLUE View Post

Only one not settled down is you. That girl is a stiff, and guess what? Shields is a stiff too. This is new to her, her first time sparring for real in MMA was just months ago. No one expected Shields to be some masterful MMA fighter right out the gate. The current MMA who is considered the GOAT In MMA looked like **** in her first fight too, she lost within 40 seconds. And loss many more times after.
    If Shields is a stiff, as your saying , and her opponent is a stiff, which you agree, then why are they main event ?? That was a sick joke.

Leave a comment:

• hectari
    replied
    Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

One thing to keep in mind: In MMA Shields does not really have to worry so much with losing a decision. Once she learns to use her punch, setting it up differently than boxing, so she is not prone to the take down, she will knock people out. She just has to develop on the mat. She can use her strength a lot as well...focused strength is an asset against any dominant position.
    She won me over, i could never stand her in boxing. I thought she was another james toney talking tough but then tapping, but no, she was legit not going to quit and looked so calm.

if that were me id be panicking on the bottom lol

her hands were faster and sharper without the big gloves, also what shocked everyone in the mma community is her gas tank, they said boxers will gas because they dont deal with grappling, shields went three 5 minute rounds and wasnt even tired, she was throwing ground and pound and not tiring either. That elkins chick was trying to get her tired to go for a sub. But claressa wasnt getting fatigued.

i hope that claressa drops boxing for now and focuses on mma, and submission defense, she would destroy these girls she already has those crazy hips and sprawl she just needs to learn how to get off her back and transition and when to explode.

Leave a comment:

• TX_BOXNG
    replied
    Wtf she definitely panicked in the top mount lol she was trading punches from a full mount in the 1st rd, any real brown belt would of sub her in a real fight, its like they told the soccer mom no real sub attempts in the first 2rds cause the armlock came like in the last 20 seconds of the 2nd when there full of sweat really slippery, i feel like there was some sort of fix for Claressa

i give her the armbar escape that seemed legit and she exploded when she needed to reminded me of Derrick Lewis
    i just felt she would of perform better, more footwork, and keep the fight standing, she can stuff takedowns but she needs to fully committ to pushing the head down and keep the fight standing like Izzy Adesanya does, I hope it goes well but I highly doubt it based off this first fight

Leave a comment:

Working...
X