Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Claressa Shields Makes MMA Debut, Stops Brittney Elkin in Third

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iamboxing
    replied
    So has she quit boxing?

Leave a comment:

• MartialMind
    replied
    Originally posted by CLUE View Post

Because she was the draw for the event. Boxer doing MMA is the draw here.
    Greatest woman boxer of all time at her peak moving into MMA, was the real hook specifically. There have been low level boxers who have moved into MMA before.

Likewise Conor as a top level MMA fighter getting into a pro boxing match was massive.
    Last edited by MartialMind; 06-12-2021, 01:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• CLUE
    replied
    Originally posted by breeto80 View Post

If Shields is a stiff, as your saying , and her opponent is a stiff, which you agree, then why are they main event ?? That was a sick joke.
    Because she was the draw for the event. Boxer doing MMA is the draw here.

Leave a comment:

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post

But a WBC World Champion became a UFC Champion.

A woman, and with a headkick...because she was also a kickboxer and had been fighting pro in MMA for 5 years at that point.

The reverse will never happen..
    With the amount of belts and cherry picking it could happen under the right circumstances tbh. You dont think Ngannou would have a shot against Stiverne or Charles Martin?

Leave a comment:

• rocktop
    replied
    Originally posted by hectari View Post

Where did i underestimate the work holm put in?
    You said holms fought 5 years and got into the ufc when in reality she trained as a kickboxer for a few years, trained with an mma coach for boxing, than trained mma full time than fought 5 years. All this was in a span of 10-13 years where she already mixed 2 fighting styles and was familiar with mma so saying 5 years isnt that under estimating?

Leave a comment:

• champion4ever
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I agree. I thought the ref coulda stopped it even sooner so he gave Elkin plenty of chances to stay in the fight. In no sense was this a controversial stoppage. Just like in boxing it don't matter if you won the last 9 rounds you can still lose it all in the 10th. That's all that happened here, a fighter who was up 20-18 going into the last rd got stopped on that last rd.

And Elkin's reaction wasn't one of anger at the fight being stopped which is often telling. She knew she was in a bad spot & wasn't mad in the moment at the ref.
    You are right and I absolutely agree. She could have been seriously hurt in there if that fight had not been stopped. She could have easily loss consciousness and gone into a comatose state.

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
    In situations like that; One have to err on the side of caution. This girl was a soccer mom and was too brave for own good. She displayed a tremendous amount of heart in there against Claressa Shields. Even though she never tapped out; Yet she still was throwing nothing back. Therefore the referee had to call a halt to the action due to the excessive amount of head trauma she was absorbing.
    I agree. I thought the ref coulda stopped it even sooner so he gave Elkin plenty of chances to stay in the fight. In no sense was this a controversial stoppage. Just like in boxing it don't matter if you won the last 9 rounds you can still lose it all in the 10th. That's all that happened here, a fighter who was up 20-18 going into the last rd got stopped on that last rd.

And Elkin's reaction wasn't one of anger at the fight being stopped which is often telling. She knew she was in a bad spot & wasn't mad in the moment at the ref.

Leave a comment:

• Lomadeaux
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

He’s a cvnt, always race baiting or running some silly conspiracy theories. Can’t prove a damn thing he claims but comes on here talking shyt. His best buddy is Travesty, so that’s all you need to know.
    Damn, I stand corrected. That’s actually all I need to know.

Leave a comment:

• GhostofDempsey
    replied

I think he actually has good intentions “technically”. But he’s also a dude that said he can fight.. but has never had any sanctioned fight ever.

So ultimately I think personally I give him a pass simply because the thinks what he means is sincere in subjects. But he needs to educate himself more and become more enlightened.
    He’s a cvnt, always race baiting or running some silly conspiracy theories. Can’t prove a damn thing he claims but comes on here talking shyt. His best buddy is Travesty, so that’s all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• Lomadeaux
    replied
    Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post

Go ahead and post them…

where were you last month when I was trashing Billie Joe Saunders? Guess you missed it. Crawl back in your little Jew-hating hole scumbag.
    I think he actually has good intentions “technically”. But he’s also a dude that said he can fight.. but has never had any sanctioned fight ever.

So ultimately I think personally I give him a pass simply because the thinks what he means is sincere in subjects. But he needs to educate himself more and become more enlightened.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X