Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Mayweather-Paul PPV is Projected To Generate at Least 1 Million Buys Domestically

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinger1
    replied
    Seems like an extremely disappointing number and doesn't bode well for the PPV market this summer. Wasn't Floyd expecting to make $100m? If this only generated $50m in PPV revenue then that's only $25m for the fighters.
    Marktko1020 Marktko1020 likes this.

Leave a comment:

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post

It's always one internet coward using coded language to make a "point". Care to talk about why people were "burning the country down"...overly dramatic ass
    People were burning it down because a felon drug addict didn't know how to sit still in the back of a police car after committing a felony crime.

Leave a comment:

• Marktko1020
    replied
    Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post

Canelo holds the record for the most catchweight fights by a champion. Floyd has fought in 2 Catchweights his entire career Canelo has fought in 12 lmao. If Floyd gives him a rematch Canelo needs to go back and give all those guys one too.
    Which two of Floyd’s fights were catch weights? Was one his Fight with Canelo where he contracted Canelo to fight at 152 lbs to ensure those last two pounds would seriously weight drain Canelo? Thus ensuring that Canelo would be most likely affected and become a weight drained zombie punching bag? Or is it when Floyd contracted at a catch weight of 144 lbs to fight Marquez? Floyd in typical fashion came in at 146 lbs to ensure he would not have to lose the last and hardest 2 pounds and ensure he would not be a weight drained zombie punching bag. He even paid Marquez an extra 600,000.00 for missing weight that he never intended making. Unprofessional and cowardly of Floyd but that’s typical Floyd. Marquez came up 2 weight classes and against weight cheating Floyd and Floyd still didn’t knock him out.

Leave a comment:

• Zaroku
    replied
    Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Not surprised. I think most people employing common sense predicted this.

Now we have to get the obligatory spamming where posters that hate Floyd claim the number is fake or some other nonsense.
    I think it’s good for casual fans—many you tubers are Paul brother fanatics!

both fighters made money, sweet!

Leave a comment:

• Marktko1020
    replied
    All Floyd lovers need to watch this segment of First Take.

https://youtu.be/Qadbej5Z8Tk

Leave a comment:

• Marktko1020
    replied

Yeah. Lot of posters hate Floyd more than they like the sport. They convince themselves “this is the one” he is going to lose and they are desperate to see it. So they lie and say they are not going to buy it.
    I hate Floyd and didn’t pay for this b.s. fight. I knew nobody was going to get hurt and it would be rigged to ensure neither fighter got hurt or look bad, although, they both put on a **** show. I only took the time to see a highlight of the fight to see how ridiculously fake it would appear. Just like Floyd’s fake fight with that Japanese boy. The fight highlights between douche bags Floyd and Paul was only like a minute and half long if I care to remember out of an 8 round, 3 minute per round fight. This speaks for itself of how boring and fake the entire fight must have been. I don’t care how much either of them earned. I care and have far more respect for fighters such as Oscar Valdez and Miguel Berchelt. The fight between them was a classic boxer vs brawler. Valdez was the underdog even though he was an undefeated champion. Valdez put on a masterful boxing display, and still gave the fans a bonus knockout of the year candidate. I’m sure neither Valdez or Berchelt earned the money that douche bags Paul or Mayweather earned, which is a shame and disrespectful to the sport. So if I hate Floyd we need to address the people that love Floyd and call him the best boxer ever. They are in denial that the majority of Floyd’s fights have consisted of a pitty-pat, running and illegal excessive holding that never cost him a single warning or point loss. They don’t ponder why Floyd will only fight in Vegas where he can rig and manipulate almost every aspect of a fight. To include shooting up his hands with numbing drugs and using banned IV’s that is highly suspect of masking PED use. Also to impose ridiculous stipulations on his opponents and even paying them to ensure to have an advantage. Their secret love for Floyd has them saying we only hate Floyd because he has earned the most money. I counter that by saying they love Floyd so much for his money yet he doesn’t pay their rent or mortgage. They care so much about how much he earns as if they secretly want to be on Floyd’s Ho payroll. For all the money Floyd has, I truly believe he took this sham of a fight because it is difficult to maintain his life style. If he were set then I don’t think he would have wasted his time with the Japanese boy or douche bag Paul. This story is still yet to play out.

Leave a comment:

• Roadblock
    replied
    I wish the guys that don’t like Floyd would explain why they get so upset that he has found ways to transcend the sport with casual fans?

It’s not just that you’re mad he wins, but your also mad that he’s been successful since leaving TR and HBO.

Please just explain why?
    It's because human nature is losers ALWAYS have a burning hatred for Winners, Floyds a winner through and through and he beat their guy making Floyd haters psychotic with twisted reality.

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    I think this price point should be what networks go with in North America. They would sell more at that price point. Instead of charging 80 dollars for mediocre match ups like Davis v Barrios.

Leave a comment:

• The Big Dunn
    replied
    I wish the guys that don’t like Floyd would explain why they get so upset that he has found ways to transcend the sport with casual fans?

It’s not just that you’re mad he wins, but you’re also mad that he’s been successful since leaving TR and HBO.

Please just explain why?
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-10-2021, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SweetPbfAli
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post
    Over 1 million idiots. Not surprised. This country is being run by idiots for idiots. The same idiots that thought it was ok to burn the country down last year are the same idiots thinking this "fight" was worth buying.
    It's always one internet coward using coded language to make a "point". Care to talk about why people were "burning the country down"...overly dramatic ass
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X