Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Dubois Demolishes Bogdan Dinu With One-Punch Knockout in Second

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PunchyPotorff
    replied
    Originally posted by PunchyPotorff
    Dubois is a decent enough basic fighter, with solid power, and he could make a solid living fighting fringe fighters for a few more years... but Joyce easily proved that he'll be shanked in there with any top 10 HW. Hate to say that, but it's reality.

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    This. DD is a decent fighter but hes too predictable to bother the top HWs.
    Exactly. Just having power isn't necessarily a strategy to win, especially vs the better HWs.

Leave a comment:

• Someone88
    replied
    Yes! Excellent win for Dubois!

Leave a comment:

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Dubois just beat an opponent ranked higher than 95% of Tyson Fury's opponent in only 2 rounds! He is surely the greatest ever!

Leave a comment:

• Monty Fisto
    replied
    Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Not surprising. I couldn't find the fight on the ESPN+ app and haven't seen it. Dinu's best win may be against Kerston Manswell and he's known best for losing to Miller and Pulev.

The right kind of opponent for a guy coming off a major injury and trying to move past any longer lingering doubts associated with the injury and the loss. The other benefit is that the WBA had Dinu ranked at #4 for no good reason.
    BT Sport uploaded the full fight to You Tube. Here's a link if you want it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jX97eutjwjo.

Leave a comment:

• PBR Streetgang
    replied
    Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
    Dinu didn't try too hard to get back up.
    Not surprising. I couldn't find the fight on the ESPN+ app and haven't seen it. Dinu's best win may be against Kerston Manswell and he's known best for losing to Miller and Pulev.

The right kind of opponent for a guy coming off a major injury and trying to move past any longer lingering doubts associated with the injury and the loss. The other benefit is that the WBA had Dinu ranked at #4 for no good reason.

Leave a comment:

• 4truth
    replied
    It was as if Dinu had only watched Dobois’ last fight. Standing there against the rope like he’s facing some guy with ordinary power. Seemed like he was showing almost no respect.

Leave a comment:

• Monty Fisto
    replied
    Dinu didn't try too hard to get back up.

Leave a comment:

• Dakuwaqa
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    I hope Dubois doesn`t think he is ready for a rematch with Joyce. Joyce beats him again. he needs more fights with more rounds to learn some new things.
    Yup. He’s 23 years old which is very young for a HW these days. He should spend the next 18 month 2 years developing as a fighter. No need to jump in with world level fighters right now

Leave a comment:

• Kiowhatta
    replied
    Dubois desperately needs to incorporate more head movement, and some better footwork if he is to have any chance of beating HW's that are either taller or simply elite level.

DDD showed against Joyce he was unable to get inside and land - which is what he needs to do. Atm, he follows an orthodox stance with a plodding come forward style.

I'm not saying he ought to turn into a young Iron Mike - but the same thing will happen if he doesn't learn to slip, roll, weave, and duck.

He's only 23, and I would be all for putting his rise on hold until the obvious adjustments take hold.

Leave a comment:

• Zelda
    replied
    Dubois looks like a younger AJ with a better chin. If he can improve his movements (both leg and head), he'll be in with a good chance to reign as champion for some time. I don't see much competition in the youngsters. He has time on his side at the moment.

He better learns the lessons AJ learnt late...less body building and more agility and movement.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X