Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Survives Scare, Boxes Past Jorge Linares For Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Devin Haney Survives Scare, Boxes Past Jorge Linares For Decision

LAS VEGAS - Devin Haney held on Saturday night, literally and figuratively. The 22-year-old lightweight champion was in complete command of his fight against Jorge Linares until the dangerous Linares hurt him with a combination right before the bell sounded to end the 10th round. Haney held excessively during the 11th and 12th rounds, enough to keep Linares from hurting him badly again.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 05-29-2021, 11:19 PM.

The fighters made weight and the stage is set for the WBC World Lightweight clash between unbeaten champion Devin Haney and former World ruler Jorge Linares, which takes place at the Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday May 29, live worldwide on DAZN. (photos by Ed Mulholland)

Haney (25-0, 18 KOs) puts his title on the line for the third time against the former multiple division world champion, Linares (47-5, 29 KOs), who is looking to regain the green and gold belt he held in 2014-15.

There’s another WBC World title belt up for grabs when Chantelle Cameron (13-0 7 KOs) will defend her Super-Lightweight title against Melissa Hernandez (23-7-3 7 KOs) in more World title action. There’s a fascinating battle between two Golden Boy Promotions stablemates as Jason Quigley (18-1 14 KOs) and Shane Mosley Jr (17-3 10 KOs) go toe-to-toe for the WBO NABO Middleweight title and it’s a huge night for Martin J. Ward (24-1-2 11 KOs) as he faces Azinga Fuzile (14-1 8 KOs) in a final eliminator for the IBF World Super-Featherweight title.

Comment

Jorge Linares looked good at the weigh in. He talked a good game on Boxeo Telemundo but so did Devin Haney. Can't wait.

Comment

from the other thread.....

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        Linares: Haney Is Overlooking Me; Already Thinking Of Big Fights With Teofimo, Ryan Garcia

that is a classic trap for young players..... also, there are other factors.....

1) Devin Haney has been trained by his father Bill Haney ever since he was a little kid, but Bill Haney retired as Devin's trainer 3 months ago... so this will be Devin's first fight without his father in the corner, and this will be his first fight under new trainer Ben Davison..... personally, I think that Ben Davison is a very good trainer..... but there are still question marks over him, and you cannot achieve much with a fighter having only 1 camp together.....

2) this is a big step up for Haney, no question

in saying that..... I think Haney should be on point for this one..... the kid has a good head on his shoulders, and we have not seen the best of him yet

on the other hand, we know that Linares has a few miles on his clock..... but.....

1) there is a old saying in boxing..... "great fighters often have one great fight left in them"..... like Mosley did, with Margarito.....

2) Linares really is a superb fighter, regardless what the boxing-by-numbers casual fans seem to think

I pay no mind to betting odds in boxing..... favorites lose all the time, and this fight really interests me..... this is Haney's first real test, and Linares is desperate for this win..... his back is against the wall for this fight, it is make-or-break time for him

will Haney step up to the world stage and stamp his class on that fight, or will Linares summon up a great performance... ???

remember two things.....

1) Lomachenko is a boxing master, and yet his fight with Linares was dead even on the official scorecards up to the 10th round

2) you have to stop Linares to beat him..... and Haney is not a big puncher

this is a great crossroads fight, really looking forward to it

WAR Haney !!
        WAR Linares !!

LET'S GET IT ON !!

Comment

Ok so I'm inexperienced at placing bets
          I want to play the odds and place a wager on linares to upset Haney, can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm in Montana n I don't believe there's bookies here, idk. I'm looking at bovada n cryptocurrency. Alternatives??

Comment

WAR Haney !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by No look hook View Post
              Ok so I'm inexperienced at placing bets
              I want to play the odds and place a wager on linares to upset Haney, can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm in Montana n I don't believe there's bookies here, idk. I'm looking at bovada n cryptocurrency. Alternatives??
              Go with Bovada

Comment

8:00 PM eastern 5:00 PM pacific

Good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by tj highway View Post
                  jorge linares looked good at the weigh in. He talked a good game on boxeo telemundo but so did devin haney. Can't wait.

He Looked DIESEL!

Last edited by Santa_; 05-29-2021, 11:00 AM.

Comment

This should be a good one. I got Haney.

Comment

Working...
                    X