Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Devin Haney, Jorge Linares - Face To Face at Final Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Devin Haney, Jorge Linares - Face To Face at Final Presser

Haney, Linares Final Press Conference Photos Gallery - The final press conference set the stage for the WBC World Lightweight clash between unbeaten champion Devin Haney and former World ruler Jorge Linares, which takes place at the Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday May 29, live worldwide on DAZN. (photos by Ed Mulholland)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hair plugs!!!!!

Comment

Nice - fights during Memorial Day weekend should happen regularly.

put the young Americans in their stepup, entertaining bouts, put them in the cities that have memorial weekends like Vegas, Miami, etc.

Puerto Ricans always had the mid-late June dates at MSG around PR day parade
      Mexicans get Independence Day in Sept, and the commerical May 5 day
      It looks like Tank might try to make Juneteenth dates a thing

But barely ever fights on Memorial Day, July 4, Labor day weekends.

DEvin Haney should fight on Memorial Day weekend and just make it date he fights on every year, that way people know where/when to find you. Nobody else in boxing doing or trying it....They always say nobody buys tickets or watches on those dates but UFC doesn't seem to have an issue putting fights on those holidays, they moved right in
      shza shza likes this.

Comment

Linares is not only passed his prime, but was struggling to make 135, that's why he moved up. I get this opportunity came up and Linares had to take it, but looking at him, he looks drained. I think Haney is talented but are we supposed to be impressed when he beats Linares? I mean Linares got knocked out in the first recently, IDK maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfield02 View Post
          Linares is not only passed his prime, but was struggling to make 135, that's why he moved up. I get this opportunity came up and Linares had to take it, but looking at him, he looks drained. I think Haney is talented but are we supposed to be impressed when he beats Linares? I mean Linares got knocked out in the first recently, IDK maybe I'm wrong.
          Stop and just think about what you said for a moment. Then stop and realize that a “World Champion” (of the email variety) readily admits this is his toughest challenge to date.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm....
          PeepeePoopooMan PeepeePoopooMan likes this.

Comment

Linares looks like he can use some beef Tamales. That dude should be at like 147 honestly at this point. Or retired.

5'8" and still trying to make 135lbs, damn. It's not like he is some real skinny dude like Easter. Linares has some build to him. I don't think he should be at 135 at all. At the very least 140.

I know height does not really matter when making weight. But height+build+age does. When a fighter is looking soft at weigh in's, he could probably lose more weight with not much issue. When you look like a skeleton with your face looking all dead, you could probably move up a weight class with no issue to your in ring performance.

There was a point where Linares looked healthy at 135, his face looked good, filled in. But that was 4-5 years ago. He could probably benefit, extend his career by moving up to 140. But he will need to stay away from Taylor, Prograis or Ramirez. Basically anyone who can punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Stop and just think about what you said for a moment. Then stop and realize that a “World Champion” (of the email variety) readily admits this is his toughest challenge to date.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm....
              And how's that Haney's fault? Would be force fighters into the ring

Comment

Im hella stoked about this weekend with two of my favorite fighters in action!

Goldenboy Linares and Donaire mo****as!!

Comment

Very important fight. neither can afford to lose. looking forward to it

Comment

Like I said before. I'm rooting for Haney.

Never been hyped about a young fighter before. I hope he has great siccess , looks like he works hard and keeps to himself.

Comment

Working...
                    X