Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Caleb Plant Eyeing $10 Million Payday To Fight Canelo Alvarez On Sept. 18

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elfag
    replied
    boxing is in serious trouble.

Caleb is offered 10 million dollars. yeah there are taxes and yeah his promoter and corner take a cut. After all that you still have millions of dollars.

But we as fans have to beg him to sign this to make a career high payday for millions of dollars. UFC guys would beg for this, the stars dont even get 10 million outside mcgreggor. And here is a fuking nobody eurobum with an ABC trinket who thinks he deserves more than 10 million.

Leave a comment:

• Thuglife Nelo
    replied
    So why waste everyone’s time with multideals and just take the DAZN money from the get go

Leave a comment:

• 2ndroundko
    replied
    Originally posted by damned1974 View Post

I don't care.....We are all on here giving out opinions why we think $10,000,000 is obscene of an offer for a guy like Plant. Meanwhile, you seem to be swallowing his load..The only thing Plant has coming for him is a beatdown and whatever Canelo pays for his belt.
    i’m not arguing whether he deserves it or not. although even though eddie hearn said he does. i’m just saying the market will determine what his purse is.

Leave a comment:

• damned1974
    replied
    Originally posted by 2ndroundko View Post

plant is in the american public eye a lot more than those guys. he did nearly a million views on fs1 which is still there highest rated show. then he did nearly 2 million views on fox at a packed bridgestone arena. even his fight against truax did 1.6 million. that’s some big time consistency.
    Yeah sure...You expect me to believe Plant was more exposed to the public than Jacobs, Kovalev or Saunders......you're high.

Leave a comment:

• damned1974
    replied
    it’s not a matter of what you or i think he “deserves.” it’s what the market will pay him. doesn’t matter why you think people watched him either. what matters is that he is one of the highest-rated tv fighters in the us.
    I don't care.....We are all on here giving out opinions why we think $10,000,000 is obscene of an offer for a guy like Plant. Meanwhile, you seem to be swallowing his load..The only thing Plant has coming for him is a beatdown and whatever Canelo pays for his belt.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndroundko
    replied

Plant has had 1 mediocre opponent. There is literally no way you can preach to me that he deserves a 10 million dollar payday when he is at the stage of his career where ambitions should be a priority. Again, if he is offered 5 million, he should take it.

Being in the American public's eye 2 times because there was likely nothing else to watch doesn't warrant $10 million. Keep in mind it is likely that nobody walked away from his Truax fight thinking "I MUST watch this guy again". Now if he fought other guys who were on the big boy stage and gained a lot of notoriety himself, it would be a big bargaining chip, but fighting the trashcans he has since winning the belt isn't really captivating.Anything more than $5 million and a new double wide trailer and he should count his blessings.
    it’s not a matter of what you or i think he “deserves.” it’s what the market will pay him. doesn’t matter why you think people watched him either. what matters is that he is one of the highest-rated tv fighters in the us.

Leave a comment:

• damned1974
    replied

plant is in the american public eye a lot more than those guys. he did nearly a million views on fs1 which is still there highest rated show. then he did nearly 2 million views on fox at a packed bridgestone arena. even his fight against truax did 1.6 million. that’s some big time consistency.
    Plant has had 1 mediocre opponent. There is literally no way you can preach to me that he deserves a 10 million dollar payday when he is at the stage of his career where ambitions should be a priority. Again, if he is offered 5 million, he should take it.

Being in the American public's eye 2 times because there was likely nothing else to watch doesn't warrant $10 million. Keep in mind it is likely that nobody walked away from his Truax fight thinking "I MUST watch this guy again". Now if he fought other guys who were on the big boy stage and gained a lot of notoriety himself, it would be a big bargaining chip, but fighting the trashcans he has since winning the belt isn't really captivating.Anything more than $5 million and a new double wide trailer and he should count his blessings.

Leave a comment:

• 2ndroundko
    replied
    Do you kniow the common denominator between all these people that got offered this amount? They were all far more accomplished and in the public eye than Caleb Plant. Plant should take $5 million if that's the final offer. He will NEVER see this kind of money again.

Leave a comment:

• damned1974
    replied

didn't you read the article ?

Sergey Kovalev ($12 million), Daniel Jacobs ($12 million), Billy Joe Saunders ($8 million)

those three opponents got paid $32m between them... Plant would be a total fool to accept less than $10m, knowing that Canelo is desperate for his belt

why the hell should Plant accept less money than Danny Jacobs got paid ?

I don't even think that money will be an issue[/QUOTE]

Do you kniow the common denominator between all these people that got offered this amount? They were all far more accomplished and in the public eye than Caleb Plant. Plant should take $5 million if that's the final offer. He will NEVER see this kind of money again.

Leave a comment:

• tophat1
    replied
    Pay the man, he's not earned it but if canelo wants all 4 belts he's going to have to pay out a slightly bigger share of his wages. He can certainly afford it.

this may be the only time in canelos career that he doesn't have all the power negotiations wise (besides the Floyd fight)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X