Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman: I Gave Akhmadaliev A Chance When I Was Champion; He Should Return The Favor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman: I Gave Akhmadaliev A Chance When I Was Champion; He Should Return The Favor

Murodjon Akhmadaliev isn't obligated to give Daniel Roman a rematch. Uzbekistan's Akhmadaliev was the WBA's mandatory challenger for one of Roman's championships when they fought in January 2020, thus there wasn't a rematch clause in their contracts. Roman remains disappointed, though, that Akhmadaliev doesn't seem the least bit interested in fighting him again.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I agree with Roman. He makes a good point. Unfortunately for him, he might have to wait long for that rematch. The sooner the fight gets made, the better.

Comment

He should rematch Roman after the Rios fight.

Comment

Wasn't MJ a mandatory? Not that I'm complaining, I'd love to see the rematch. Just wondering about MJ's schedule. he just took care of his IBF mandatory, has the WBA coming up and then I think he's aiming at Fulton/Nery? If not, Do it up.

I just noticed after the Rios fight (If MJ wins) He'll have wins over the #2, 9 and 10 guys in the division. At 10 pro fights you can't NOT be impressed by that.

Comment

The 26-year-old Akhmadaliev made one voluntary defense since he beat Roman, a fifth-round technical knockout of Japan’s Ryosuke Iwasa (27-4, 17 KOs) on April 3 at Humo Arena in Tashkent, Uzbekistan.
          Iwasa was his IBF mando.

Comment

Should've had a rematch clause! OOPS! Of course a rematch is the right thing to do, however I think Roman should fight Aleem if he wins tonight, since the winner of Figueroa vs. Nery is fighting Fulton! If he beats Aleem, he's getting a title shot! First things first, gotta win tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              Wasn't MJ a mandatory? Not that I'm complaining, I'd love to see the rematch. Just wondering about MJ's schedule. he just took care of his IBF mandatory, has the WBA coming up and then I think he's aiming at Fulton/Nery? If not, Do it up.

I just noticed after the Rios fight (If MJ wins) He'll have wins over the #2, 9 and 10 guys in the division. At 10 pro fights you can't NOT be impressed by that.
              The Nery-Figueroa winner is going to fight Fulton later this year. Maybe 2022 we'll get undisputed.
              _Rexy_ _Rexy_ likes this.

Comment

If Roman looks good and beats Espinoza, I'm definitely down for him to fight the MJ/Rios winner. With that being said, I think he's on upset alert tonight. He was slow to get going against MJ and then looked a bit sluggish against Payano, I'm wondering if he's having trouble making the weight now. If he struggles again tonight, maybe he should go to 126.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

The Nery-Figueroa winner is going to fight Fulton later this year. Maybe 2022 we'll get undisputed.
                  Then yeah, MJ/Roman II please

Comment

That was a very close fight. Roman should have gotten a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                    X