Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dan Rafael, Fired By ESPN Last Year, Fires CRITICAL Blow: Canelo IS #1 P4P, ESPN Are Haters, Idiots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
    I can’t wait to hear how Canelo is more dominant than Floyd Mayweather.

Compare their ages. Canelo at 30 is more dominant and has accomplished more than a 30 year old Mayweather.

Comment

If someone had Crawford ahead of Canelo because Canelo has a positive PED test, how can anyone get mad at that?

Canelo’s body of work is superior to Crawford and Inoue but they have won all their fights 100% clean.

Dan is entitled to his opinion but let’s makes sure we don’t castigate journalists that reward fighters we know are clean and always have been.

Comment

I rather hear Kellerman rap than hear his crappy boxing/sports takes.
        Shadoww702 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          If someone had Crawford ahead of Canelo because Canelo has a positive PED test, how can anyone get mad at that?

Canelo’s body of work is superior to Crawford and Inoue but they have won all their fights 100% clean.

Dan is entitled to his opinion but let’s makes sure we don’t castigate journalists that reward fighters we know are clean and always have been.
          I disagree with you because nobody but Canelo has been tested even remotely near as much,nor from as young. The WBO doesn't require testing of any kind,they specifically say that they don't want their fighters to have to do cbp because they say its to expensive. Context matters,all peds test results aren't created equal. Dbol should not be treated as equal to clen.(for countless reasons)

And a fighter like ggg who does 2 weeks vada shouldn't be treated as clean,while a fighter like Canelo Who did everything to prove his innocence shouldn't be treated as automatically dirty imho. Just as I DO consider Dillian Whyte a ped cheat despite corrupt ukad letting him fight roided & hiding it from opponent,then letting him off without explanation despite already being caught & suspended & used same lie as excuse. Its not black & white

When White & BJS popped dirty they didn't submit hair follicle test, because they knew they were dirty af & the last thing they wanted was to get tested for up to 6 mos from hair.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather was a five division champion when he was 30 years old.

He had been ranked in the top 10 pound for pound for eight years and in the top two pound for pound for seven years.

He had just beaten Oscar De La Hoya in the biggest fight of the year. He had also beaten Zab Judah, Jose Luis Castillo, Diego Corrales and Genaro Hernandez at that time.

So I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Compare their ages. Canelo at 30 is more dominant and has accomplished more than a 30 year old Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post

I disagree with you because nobody but Canelo has been tested even remotely near as much,nor from as young. The WBO doesn't require testing of any kind,they specifically say that they don't want their fighters to have to do cbp because they say its to expensive. Context matters,all peds test results aren't created equal. Dbol should not be treated as equal to clen.(for countless reasons)

And a fighter like ggg who does 2 weeks vada shouldn't be treated as clean,while a fighter like Canelo Who did everything to prove his innocence shouldn't be treated as automatically dirty imho. Just as I DO consider Dillian Whyte a ped cheat despite corrupt ukad letting him fight roided & hiding it from opponent,then letting him off without explanation despite already being caught & suspended & used same lie as excuse. Its not black & white

When White & BJS popped dirty they didn't submit hair follicle test, because they knew they were dirty af & the last thing they wanted was to get tested for up to 6 mos from hair.
              I can respect your opinion and you make fair points about context. but I think the connection Canelo has to the power players makes it difficult to really asses the situation.

I just think if you’re voting and you place Inoue and or Crawford ahead because of that it’s hard for me to get upset.

Without the ped positive, I agree canelo is unquestionably #1 at this point.

Comment

This would make sense if they didn’t have Canelo at #2

We all know they have Crawford #1 because he fights on ESPN. Just like how they had Loma #1

no other publication has him #1 over Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by ralex View Post
                  This would make sense if they didn’t have Canelo at #2

We all know they have Crawford #1 because he fights on ESPN. Just like how they had Loma #1

no other publication has him #1 over Canelo
                  That is a very fair point. Steve Kim has Inoue ranked #1 if I am correct and he votes in that poll.

Comment

I’m not sure his body of work is superior to Inoue’s anyway.

Inoue is a five division champ who has absolutely dominated every title holder he’s fought.

Canelo has gone to war with every title holder he’s ever fought.

The only thing Canelo has over Inoue is a controversial win over a slam dunk first ballot hall of famer who was ranked on the p4p list at the time.../ BUT as Canelo fans remind us all the time, Golovkin never fought anyone, his titles were all gifted to him and the media invented that p4p ranking. So it’s sort of easy to ignore that win, you know?

Comment

Hasn't Crawford been dropped before? I don't remember Canelo being dropped???
                      revelated likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X