Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

16.2mil viewership for Canelo BJS - Mexican Ratings (HR Ratings Research)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.2mil viewership for Canelo BJS - Mexican Ratings (HR Ratings Research)

View this post on Instagram

To view, enable Social Media Cookies by clicking √Ę‚?¨Ň?Manage Cookies√Ę‚?¨¬?

Clenelo is a huge star in Mexico.

The United States pay-per-view figures for pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s one-sided conquest of Mexican hero Saul "Canelo" Alvarez to unify junior middleweight titles last Saturday night at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas have not been announced yet, but viewership figures for the fight in Mexico, where it was on free television, went through the roof.

The fight aired on broadcast network Televisa and generated the highest rating in Mexican television history, according to Golden Boy Promotions, Alvarez's promoter.
    Nearly eight of out 10 households in Mexico were tuned into the fight, Golden Boy said. The fight drew a national rating of 41.5, which equals a 77 share of the viewing audience, or 22.1 million viewers and 5.9 million television households, Golden Boy said.

Comment

It's free tv though. Can't really compare. Amir Khan was getting 10+ mil in the UK for his first pro fights when they were on free tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        It's free tv though. Can't really compare. Amir Khan was getting 10+ mil in the UK for his first pro fights when they were on free tv.
        Politics doe. Mexican mafia don’t allow Canelo DAZN fights. Box Azteca commentary is the defacto for Mexican fans. For alternatives without commercial ads on the screen you need to pay for Canal+ or something, but again, many fans want the Box Azteca commentary with JCC, Barrera,etc. Canelo Floyd did 45+mil homes I recall or that was Marquez Floyd I don’t remember. Bigger names than Billy Joe of course

Comment

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post

Politics doe. Mexican mafia don’t allow Canelo DAZN fights. Box Azteca commentary is the defacto for Mexican fans. For alternatives without commercial ads on the screen you need to pay for Canal+ or something, but again, many fans want the Box Azteca commentary with JCC, Barrera,etc. Canelo Floyd did 45+mil homes I recall or that was Marquez Floyd I don’t remember. Bigger names than Billy Joe of course
          Free TV is better for the sports popularity. PPV prices are ridiculous. That's why i'm hoping DAZN succeeds, sure you're paying but it'll actually be cheaper than subscribing to multiple channels and buying PPV too.

Comment

Can't be a MMA guy told me boing was in decline and or dying loool. The biggest stars in boxing are always the biggest combat sports stars Canelo and AJ are the biggest stars in combat sports.

Comment

Fact is boxing is the biggest combat sport globally by 100 miles but is also extremely poorly managed and corrupt

Comment

Working...
              X