Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Akhmadaliev-Rios: WBA Orders May 24 Purse Bid Hearing For Mandatory Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VashDBasher
    replied
    Originally posted by landotter View Post
    Look, this is not a slam at either fighter, I just wish in general more boxers told these garbage sanctioning bodies to go pound sand. Could anyone really follow all that Gold, Super, Regular, and Double-Secret-Probation champs stuff?

Boxers train, spar, focus, give up time with their families and friends, sacrifice, and then put their bodies on the line so sanctioning bodies can make coin off their efforts for the "privilege" of wearing one of any 20 belts in any division. Along the way, really great fights get sacrificed for another layer of politics.

Sorry. Just venting. I need to every few months about these organizations. Then I feel better and go back to realizing boxers love to say they are champs and it will never end.

I’m with you on that. Only belt that has the true value is the Ring magazine’s in my opinion. Only way to get that one is to have the top guys fight each other.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx2245
    replied
    "A purse bid has been called for by the World Boxing Association for an ordered fight between Uzbekistan’s Akhamdaliev—the unified WBA “Super” and IBF junior featherweight titlist—and California’s Ronny Rios (33-3, 16KOs), the sanctioning body’s “Gold” titlist and mandatory challenger."

WBA finally did somethng smart! Get rid of all of the "Gold" titlist, and start with ordering Yordenis Ugas vs. Vergil Ortiz Jr.! If Ugas is going to unify with Spence, then order the winner to fight Vergil Ortiz Jr.! Let's Go!

Leave a comment:

• landotter
    replied
    Look, this is not a slam at either fighter, I just wish in general more boxers told these garbage sanctioning bodies to go pound sand. Could anyone really follow all that Gold, Super, Regular, and Double-Secret-Probation champs stuff?

Boxers train, spar, focus, give up time with their families and friends, sacrifice, and then put their bodies on the line so sanctioning bodies can make coin off their efforts for the "privilege" of wearing one of any 20 belts in any division. Along the way, really great fights get sacrificed for another layer of politics.

Sorry. Just venting. I need to every few months about these organizations. Then I feel better and go back to realizing boxers love to say they are champs and it will never end.

Leave a comment:

• GodfatherIV
    replied
    If PBC was smart they'd go ahead and win the bid for this and add it to the September 11 show as a co-main to Fulton vs Nery-Figueroa winner. This could set up undisputed a couple months later

Leave a comment:

• BigZ44
    replied
    This is a solid fight, things looking good at 122 right now

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post

MJ vs Fulton for undisputed is what I’m looking forward to the most. It’ll be a chess match.
    Same. That will be fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• VashDBasher
    replied
    Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
    Fun fight, but MJ is just beastly and looks better each outing. The fact that he only has nine pro fights should concern anyone in 122-126
    MJ vs Fulton for undisputed is what I’m looking forward to the most. It’ll be a chess match.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Fun fight, but MJ is just beastly and looks better each outing. The fact that he only has nine pro fights should concern anyone in 122-126

Leave a comment:

• VashDBasher
    replied
    Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post

Yeah he did look better, I lost track of him for a couple of fights and was surprised to see him looking so sharp like that.... it looked like he worked on his body/conditioning etc. and really transformed himself. IDK about the MJ guy, seems like most think he will win...still interested again in seeing how far Rios gets, ill be watching this one
    Definitely. I hope Rios can maintain the form from his last fight and make it competitive. I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do against MJ.

Leave a comment:

• LA_2_Vegas
    replied
    Originally posted by VashDBasher View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this one. Rios looked pretty sharp in his last outing, but MJ is a different beast. I can’t see Rios winning this fight at all.
    Yeah he did look better, I lost track of him for a couple of fights and was surprised to see him looking so sharp like that.... it looked like he worked on his body/conditioning etc. and really transformed himself. IDK about the MJ guy, seems like most think he will win...still interested again in seeing how far Rios gets, ill be watching this one

Leave a comment:

Working...
X