Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dubois: Maybe Saunders Will Regret What He Said About Me, It's a Life Lesson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I don't think that's true. Idk that most guys are even capable of it. I would say a good % of the guys making lotsa money are playing a role to one degree or another & that's likely why they are making lotsa money.
    Well that's true - you need the character for it. But almost all the cocky guys are playing a role. Maybe its' true they sometimes eventually become that role. The more people you got hating you - the more people will tune in to see you get beat. There's always a lot of people who love the cocky fighters.

Leave a comment:

• Enzo Mc is SHIT
    replied
    Dubois is a good lad.

I don't want to see anyone take serious eye damage boxing. Get out of there and to hospital. Dubois, Saunders and Brook all gave their rights a good go before getting the injuries. They don't owe any more than that.

Leave a comment:

• YOU WILL LOSE
    replied
    the apolgism for dubois has been pathetic, even more pathetic that he has lapped it up

nothing has changed,u took a knee!

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

TBH most boxers are playing a role to maximise money anyway. A fight with 2 boring guys makes a lot less money. Us fans fall for all that ****
    I don't think that's true. Idk that most guys are even capable of it. I would say a good % of the guys making lotsa money are playing a role to one degree or another & that's likely why they are making lotsa money.

Leave a comment:

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

I understand the "he gets what he gets" angle. I mean any guy who plays the part of or simply is the bad guy is gonna get what he gets in a moment like this. So even if things didn't end like they did he'd have gotten what he got for simply losing.
    TBH most boxers are playing a role to maximise money anyway. A fight with 2 boring guys makes a lot less money. Us fans fall for all that ****

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
    My opinion was that BJS was right to quit. The problem - are the comments he made about Dubois. So he deserves what he gets now
    I understand the "he gets what he gets" angle. I mean any guy who plays the part of or simply is the bad guy is gonna get what he gets in a moment like this. So even if things didn't end like they did he'd have gotten what he got for simply losing.

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
    All class, Dubois is.

We will see how Saunders reacts.
    Didn't DDD say some fooked up sh^t to Joe Joyce's mom.

Granted I liked his angle here myself & thought he played it well.

All that said I give less & less fooks about things boxers say. Its an attention game & BJS excels at getting attention, whether you or I agree or disagree with his remarks & antics. If he was the well behaved guy with like a 50% KO percentage no one would love or hate the guy.

Leave a comment:

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

The ones who are remembered and missed fondly are the classy ones, in any sport or walk of life. We'll always remember the assholes, sure – and their achievements – but they won't ever be venerated as classy and honourable individuals. That's a real legacy, to be admired as a good human being who achieved things.
    That's not true - look at what Ali said about Frazier - the worst stuff. He is the most fondly remembered boxer. The boxers who are remembered are the ones who fought and beat great fighters and even more - the ones who did that AND ran their mouth off.

Leave a comment:

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Originally posted by jreckoning View Post

Maybe. But life is more than boxing.

Nothing at all wrong with taking the high road.

He's been on the other side of it and acted like a man about it.

It's true acting like a child is rewarded. It doesn't mean you should.
    I'd normally agree with you but boxing already isn't a honorable sport. It's not like Dubois has fought the best fighters on his way to Joyce - and that's probably why he lost. If we had boxers fighting the best boxers - we wouldn't have all these ridiculous unbeaten records and the hype + money would be 50% less. Look at the best tennis players or any other individual sport - the best players have a ton of losses.

Leave a comment:

• Roberto Vasquez
    replied
    Originally posted by T real View Post

Fury is not that big outside the UK though
    He clearly is. He's fighting Joshua in one of the biggest ever fights??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X