Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Magomed Kurbanov Edges Liam Smith, Wins Decision in Tough Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..David..
    replied
    Good fight! Even Liam said before the fight he knew he needed a stoppage haha it was a good fight that could have gone either way 115-113 for Kurbanov seemed fair to me. But this guy REALLY needs to work on his “shoulder roll” if he plans to fight aerioua opposition i see a right hand stopagge coming his way from what i saw tonight

Leave a comment:

• BigZ44
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post

I'll watch it again, but my feeling was that Smith was much less concrete in the first half or so. Kurbanov was landing the more significant shots.
    I could definitely see 3-3 halfway through, but I thought there were 3 clear Smith rounds in there. I honestly wouldn't have argued a draw, I think if you push all the close rounds to Kurbanov there are 6 there, I just can't see more than that, which makes 117-112 ludicrous

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Originally posted by mlac View Post
    117-111 is a disgrace but the other cards were fine. Lets be honest if it was in england it would be the same cards the other way around...
    Indeed they would

I think it’s just the fact that it’s so predictable which way the cards are going to go in certain places in competitive fights, even if it would be difficult to truly give the home fighter more rounds, like tonight, that’s what bothers me.

The fact we can pretty much call it before a fight shows the sport has a problem.

Leave a comment:

• Tatabanya
    replied
    Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post

Not sure how you saw that, thought Smith was up 4-2 at the midway point
    I'll watch it again, but my feeling was that Smith was much less concrete in the first half or so. Kurbanov was landing the more significant shots.

Leave a comment:

• Chrismart
    replied
    Feel for Smith there. I thought he won that, but a close fight was always going to see Kurbanov getting it on the cards.

Really good fight though.

Leave a comment:

• BigZ44
    replied
    Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
    Kurbanov deserved the win, he dominated the first half. The second half was more or less level. Not by six points, but Kurbanov was the right winner.
    Not sure how you saw that, thought Smith was up 4-2 at the midway point

Leave a comment:

• Tatabanya
    replied
    Kurbanov deserved the win, he dominated the first half. The second half was more or less level. Not by six points, but Kurbanov was the right winner.

Leave a comment:

• deathofaclown
    replied
    Let’s be honest, he was never getting the decision in a competitive fight

it doesn’t matter where you go, always the same

Leave a comment:

• BigZ44
    replied
    Tough luck for Smith, not sure where he goes from here now

Leave a comment:

• mlac
    replied
    117-111 is a disgrace but the other cards were fine. Lets be honest if it was in england it would be the same cards the other way around...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X