Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Junto Nakatani-Angel Acosta WBO Title Fight Delayed Due to Covid Restrictions In Japan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Junto Nakatani-Angel Acosta WBO Title Fight Delayed Due to Covid Restrictions In Japan

Junto Nakatani will have to wait a little longer for his first title defense. Plans for the newly crowned WBO flyweight titlist to face former junior flyweight titlist Angel 'Tito' Acosta have been placed on hold. The bout was due to take place May 29 in Osaka, Japan but recently enforced COVID restrictions have essentially wiped out the nation's boxing schedule for the month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a bummer. I hope Hearn can recruit Nakatani under his banner and co-sign him.

Comment

Its all good, we got plenty going on in May. Junto Nakatani making his first WBO flyweight defense against Angel Acosta, may be his last.

Comment

I have to admit to not being too familar with Naki compared to Angel and a few others in the 108 -115 classes. Still I would hope to see it happen not on a exabition type card but as a co-main down the road very soon. Do others think that Angel lost unfairly to Soto ? That 12th round? Soto had that close call, then the Heno fight he had was close really close to my eyes. Now Soto fights tomorrow with a more of a straw weight and older at that bout. 24 -37 is the dif. Yet I am interested in the fight see it as a possible show in itself before the main event goes off. Very little talk about the fight thru the week. It shows that getting these fighters in the ring still has that extra challenge with the Pandemic. But hey we got this week and in two weeks some real action should take place................

Comment

God dammit

Comment

Working...
          X