Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Think I Have Seven Years Left Until I Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QballLobo
    replied
    Poor Canelo haters, almost another decade of praying and hoping for another loss.
    They are already balding and barely sleeping.

Leave a comment:

• hugh grant
    replied
    Originally posted by ralex View Post
    He’s running out of names to fight. I don’t see there being 5-6 years of quality opponents to fight.

he can retire at 33-34 and wiped everyone out.
    He can fight till40. !maybe 38 since he started young..But there's always someone to fight.
    He will have to do what he has to do to be fotd

Leave a comment:

• Realizniguhnit
    replied
    I think Canelo's body is already in it's mid 30s..dude been fighting pro since 15. Now he regularly wears a knee brace and is fighting bigger guy's in a weight class higher than he should be..Don't get me wrong he does well at 168 but a guy that's only 5'7 or 5'8 fighting that high is putting more wear and tear on the body...He's been facing guy's that walk around at 200pds give or take and that will catch up with him sooner than later..

Leave a comment:

• ralex
    replied
    He’s running out of names to fight. I don’t see there being 5-6 years of quality opponents to fight.

he can retire at 33-34 and wiped everyone out.

Leave a comment:

• Since1976
    replied
    Though he shouldn't, its almost like he's chasing Floyd and Manny in terms of legacy. Like young guys that wanted to be the next Jordan instead of the first whomever, he needs to forget all that and continue to be the first Canelo. I may be wrong..just that another 7 years when you started at 15 is alot. There are improved young versions of all the dangerous guys undetected waiting in the wings to shock the world.

Leave a comment:

• mxtali
    replied
    After unifying, there’s charlo and benavidez. Who else? If bivol beats Beterbiev and moves to 168 (like he claims he easily can) that could retire the next day and be the greatest mexican fighter ever.

Leave a comment:

• Hot Shyt
    replied
    Once he gains all these belts at 168 he can fight just once or twice a year and be good. I think 8-10 more fights in 5 years is good. There aint gonna be too many "big" name fighters out there for him

Leave a comment:

• nino brown21
    replied
    I think he should retire after 35 or 36

Leave a comment:

• hugh grant
    replied
    I don't think you can be Fotd with.just 5 years like another fighter did. Maybe until 2028 will be ok?

Leave a comment:

• Ray*
    replied
    A lot of mileage by then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X