Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Ruiz Gets More Than He Bargained For In Return Win Over Chris Arreola

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slimPickings
    replied
    Arreolla came in and performed better than expected. His age and thus lack of activity caught up with him down the stretch. Andy will always be Andy. FAT but talented nonetheless with very fast hands. He will still be a handful for just about any HW. They just need to keep him as far away from Deontay Wilder as possible. Very far.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Z
    replied
    Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post

Once again, I'm curious how exactly packing 50-75 lbs of extra FAT around your body cushions blows to your head? I'm dying to know how having fat rolls under your armpits prevents your brain from crashing around inside your skull. Please connect the dots there for me...

Well 50-75 pounds of fat takes away defense, speed, footworks, flexibility, and stamina. Ruiz took Arreola seriously, maybe because this was an all Mexican American fight, near a high level. Arreola did the same.

All that extra weight can help you take a punch of sorts, as you don't move as much when you are hit ( Brian crashing into your skull ) as you put it. Given Arreloa's age and Ruiz struggling with him, you could argue neither belong in the top ten, that is if we had a good one.

Leave a comment:

• BarfyMan362
    replied

Whoopdee doo, do you want a medal? You act like you're the only one who's ever seen the inside of a gym or the finish line at an Ironman lol... Step off your high horse dude. I never said anything of the kind. For a pro athlete Ruiz is a fat slob. He has an amazing God given engine and skillset, like one of the fat slob driver-engineers at my old FD who used to be able to freedive like 70-80 feet down. I can only imagine what he'd be capable of if he'd ****ing train harder and was more disciplined. It's not like he lost a ton of weight. He just ballooned up over 300 lbs after his last fight but he was only 12 lbs less than in the first fight with Joshua... Retrain for strength? What the **** has he been doing the last 15 years lol?
    someone's pissed

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Z
    replied
    Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
    Ruiz looked nothing more than the number 15 ranked heavyweight he was before the Aj fight, against a 40 yr old Arreola that has never beaten anyone of note & if i read up correctly has never even been in the top 10 in the division.

What is it with these belt holder's & so called contenders of today boxing slow shot old men of the former generation & getting away with it while promoter's preaching we need more 5050 fights & putting this crap on? Whyte and Ruiz could have boxed each other & still could but they won't. They'll roll out Ortiz, Pov, Pulev, Takem, 11 loss or Wach for crying out loud.
    This is the problem, Judging on last events Ruiz and Parker are DONE from being serious contenders. Thier best has come and gone, Why not fight the young guys? I think I know why, Fury and Johsua gotta keep their belts.
    Last edited by Dr. Z; 05-03-2021, 02:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sidefx996
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

Ok...I see you're one of these folks that think they can lose weight in a specific targeted area...LOLOLOL......IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT...,when you lose weight you lose DENSITY EVERYWHERE including the support areas for your DOME..like YOUR NECK...you also lose a significant amount of strength throughout the entire body INITIALLY and the only way to overcome that is to RETRAIN for strength.....nobody should have to explain this stuff.....lol....c'mon man work with us

Btw.. My field is STRENGTH and CONDITIONING specific to boxing so take my words with a grain of salt...lol.
    Whoopdee doo, do you want a medal? You act like you're the only one who's ever seen the inside of a gym or the finish line at an Ironman lol... Step off your high horse dude. I never said anything of the kind. For a pro athlete Ruiz is a fat slob. He has an amazing God given engine and skillset, like one of the fat slob driver-engineers at my old FD who used to be able to freedive like 70-80 feet down. I can only imagine what he'd be capable of if he'd ****ing train harder and was more disciplined. It's not like he lost a ton of weight. He just ballooned up over 300 lbs after his last fight but he was only 12 lbs less than in the first fight with Joshua... Retrain for strength? What the **** has he been doing the last 15 years lol?

Leave a comment:

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    Arreola version from 2009, that fought Vitali, would kill Ruiz.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Fighter78
    replied

Once again, I'm curious how exactly packing 50-75 lbs of extra FAT around your body cushions blows to your head? I'm dying to know how having fat rolls under your armpits prevents your brain from crashing around inside your skull. Please connect the dots there for me...
    Ok...I see you're one of these folks that think they can lose weight in a specific targeted area...LOLOLOL......IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT...,when you lose weight you lose DENSITY EVERYWHERE including the support areas for your DOME..like YOUR NECK...you also lose a significant amount of strength throughout the entire body INITIALLY and the only way to overcome that is to RETRAIN for strength.....nobody should have to explain this stuff.....lol....c'mon man work with us

Btw.. My field is STRENGTH and CONDITIONING specific to boxing so take my words with a grain of salt...lol.
    Last edited by Fighter78; 05-03-2021, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stuntman Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
    Ruiz looked nothing more than the number 15 ranked heavyweight he was before the Aj fight, against a 40 yr old Arreola that has never beaten anyone of note & if i read up correctly has never even been in the top 10 in the division.

What is it with these belt holder's & so called contenders of today boxing slow shot old men of the former generation & getting away with it while promoter's preaching we need more 5050 fights & putting this crap on? Whyte and Ruiz could have boxed each other & still could but they won't. They'll roll out Ortiz, Pov, Pulev, Takem, 11 loss or Wach for crying out loud.
    Arreola was the number one contender going into the vitali fight actually

And to everyone else andys punch resistance has not diminished he just got hit with punches he never seen coming that's all

arreolla is very unorthodox in his punches much like a Ricardo Mayorga .if you don't have height reach and distance on him it's hard to tell what's coming at you which is why he had as much success as he did

He always had trouble with boxer movers and with anybody with physical advantages on him because they see everything coming

Leave a comment:

• sidefx996
    replied
    Originally posted by Fighter78 View Post

I noticed that as well.....Ruiz took MUCH heavier punches from AJ in both fights but it seemed like Arreola shook Ruiz up and actually had him hurt on that knockdown...but Chris hasn't been in that position in a long time and had no clue what to do. I guess there's a positive and a negative to losing all that weight.

Leave a comment:

• sidefx996
    replied
    Originally posted by james240 View Post
    Ruiz punch resistance is not the same with the weight loss.
    How ****in' fat does he need to be to take a punch lol?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X