Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder fans, we all know your guy is risk averse, but surely you could agree David Price would be an easy touch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

People like you are contributing factors as to why Joshua has gone backwards in recent years. Always here to defend your idols honour. Its pathetic.

But this is also why Wilder, rightly, hasn't captured the states. In the UK weak minded dorks with no eye for talent (and who've never stepped into a boxing ring) dominate a lot of the boxing discourse. Hence why Fury and Joshua have, comparatively, done rather little compared to past greats in terms of establishing resume's of consistent opponents. I feel all three are as bad as each other when it comes to picking their opponents, just in different ways. At least Wilder isn't given any credit for it.
    You failed to answer who has Wilder fought in mandatory fights ? You don’t want to answer that to show who was terrified of risky fights , I wonder why ?

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

Wilder is a loudmouth clown, but he's no *****. I remember a couple years ago reading a piece that spent a lot of time ****ting on Wilder but kinda lent a really good amount of perspective as well.

https://deadspin.com/boxing-is-going...-if-1823455306

Its become an established narrative that Wilder hasn't fought any tough opposition. Its half true, but then also kind of not true. Be it the fight that fell through with Povetkin, the two fights with Ortiz, the two fights with Fury...Wilder's resume isn't fantastic, but its hardly the worst in the division either. I think the compelling part is this though.

Wilder, for most of his career, just doesn't sell. PBC was never able to build an established narrative/myth around him. I think its a shame but, fundamentally, it comes down to a lack of discernable boxing pedigree/skill in a market where skill and pedigree matter a lot. When looking at other established PBC stars such as Spence, Davis and Charlo...all have incredible raw talent combined with skill and that dynamic, "new school" style that we're used to seeing from Americans. Wilder is an aberration in this front, other than watching his cartoonish KO power, he's a bit of pain to even look at in the ring.In a mature boxing market, this wont really fly. As I've heard plenty of times, Wilder would be star if he was in the UFC or British. But he's not. But what is a shame is that he's stuck between a rock and a hard place, he lacks the respect among American boxing fans and he's hated in the UK for being the sole American piece in a mostly British puzzle.

In truth, I consider Joshua far, FAAAR more risk averse than Wilder. But in the worst way, the kind of risk averse whose not only terrified of risk but wants to pull the wool over your eyes by taking past it/under performing opponents who've not really gone onto do anything significant. Wlad came off a loss, Takam has been KOed by journeyman, Povetkin has declined (inevitably due to age), Parker's career is in the toilet and Whyte doesn't really seem to have gone anywhere either. On paper, these opponents look far better than anything Wilder has fought but, in reality, they're not. Pretty much all of them have lost to opponents far inferior to Wilder even.

I'm saying all this to say I kinda feel the "risk averse" is mostly an aspersion cast upon by those who'll likely never show respect to an opponent Wilder has fought no matter how good they are.

i'm not quite sure how you can sit there with a straight face and argue risk aversion in wilder's favour, even if you're being 100% subjective.

when it comes to wilder, you want to give him credit for the people he almost fought, even though his not fighting them was partly his own doing, but when it comes to joshua, you won't even give him credit for fighting the people wilder himself refused to fight.
      you won't ding wilder for the relative ease of his opponents, but none of joshua's opponents deserve credit because they don't have perfect records.

Be a boxing fan. don't be a shill. it's embarrassing.
      REDEEMER likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

You replied to me head case so I answered you ? Ha

Arreola was not on stand by show me a link that says that ? Ha

How did Povetkin hold up the WBC for years , Wilder didn’t become champion until 2015 ?

Povetkin was fighting Stiverne who actually popped first when Povetkin tested for something else what are you talking about , Wilder wasn’t involved there ? Ha

Once again clueless about everything .
        Okay, guess I'll recap everything for your dumb ass, dumbass.

Pov delays Wilder's mando by insisting on a WBC Silver defense against Wach for a "Tune up":
        Alexander Povetkin vs. Mariusz Wach this Wednesday ⋆ Boxing News 24

Pov out due to failed drug test, Nip in:
        Wilder ready to take frustration out on Arreola (yahoo.com)

Pov pisses his way out of Bermane, interim, and mando:
        Alexander Povetkin tests positive for banned substance, canceling Bermane Stiverne fight (espn.com)

Pov fights Johann unsanctioned because he can't pass a piss test:
        Fight:2128252 - BoxRec

Wilder fights his mando, now Bermane, on November of 2017 despite Pov having been named mando since before November of 2015. Povetkin held up the WBC's mando for years, plural, pissed away every chance he got, and he got plural there too.

Fun fact, the reason Bermane was in position is because Ortiz pissed his way out of mando too. You needed both Pov and Ortiz to piss dirty for Bermane to be mando by nov 2017 and both of them did that.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

Okay, guess I'll recap everything for your dumb ass, dumbass.

Pov delays Wilder's mando by insisting on a WBC Silver defense against Wach for a "Tune up":
          Alexander Povetkin vs. Mariusz Wach this Wednesday ⋆ Boxing News 24

Pov out due to failed drug test, Nip in:
          Wilder ready to take frustration out on Arreola (yahoo.com)

Pov pisses his way out of Bermane, interim, and mando:
          Alexander Povetkin tests positive for banned substance, canceling Bermane Stiverne fight (espn.com)

Pov fights Johann unsanctioned because he can't pass a piss test:
          Fight:2128252 - BoxRec

Wilder fights his mando, now Bermane, on November of 2017 despite Pov having been named mando since before November of 2015. Povetkin held up the WBC's mando for years, plural, pissed away every chance he got, and he got plural there too.

Fun fact, the reason Bermane was in position is because Ortiz pissed his way out of mando too. You needed both Pov and Ortiz to piss dirty for Bermane to be mando by nov 2017 and both of them did that.
          All that happened in 2016 , Povetkin wasn’t even ranked in the WBC the majority of 2017 . So again how did he hold up the WBC ? Why did Wilder fight Washington beyond he is a nice guy which was Wilders reason ? Again Povetkin is not in the picture here he’s fighting actually in the WBO/ WBA under belt titles at this time .which he secured a position to fight A.J at some point .

Povetkin wasn’t scheduled to fight Wilder until 2016 why are you lying like he was supposed to fight in 2015 ? Being announced as a mandatory doesn’t mean the fight happens right away . He fought easy touches and a guy out of boxing 2 years as his first mandatory fight which obviously was rigged .

where’s the link showing Arreola was the back up ? There is none that’s why he was the hand picked opponent Wilder chose for similar reasons he gave for Washington .Ha

Bermane was paid step,aside money first ,it had nothing to do with Ortiz ,Stiverne was still the mandatory guy in the first place .

You really don’t know boxing that’s a fact .
          Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-22-2021, 10:52 AM.
          BoxOfficer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
            All that happened in 2016 , Povetkin wasn’t even ranked in the WBC the majority of 2017 . So again how did he hold up the WBC ? Why did Wilder fight Washington beyond he is a nice guy which was Wilders reason ? Again Povetkin is not in the picture here he’s fighting actually in the WBO/ WBA under belt titles at this time .which he secured a position to fight A.J at some point .

Povetkin wasn’t scheduled to fight Wilder until 2016 why are you lying like he was supposed to fight in 2015 ? Being announced as a mandatory doesn’t mean the fight happens right away . He fought easy touches and a guy out of boxing 2 years as his first mandatory fight which obviously was rigged .

where’s the link showing Arreola was the back up ? There is none that’s why he was the hand picked opponent Wilder chose for similar reasons he gave for Washington .Ha

Bermane was paid step,aside money first ,it had nothing to do with Ortiz ,Stiverne was still the mandatory guy in the first place .

You really don’t know boxing that’s a fact .
            There are already links posted that make you stupid so...tf am I meant to say to this? Done covered? Done proved you wrong? What?

Comment

Is Wilder even still a boxer?

Comment

I wouldn't want to see Pricey take this at all. There's an element of 'who lands first' about it but I think he'd go in so worried about being hit that he'd just clam up and get flattened without causing Wilder any trouble at all. Haye vs Harrison again.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
                  I mean...poor Wilder. He can't make himself relevant without fighting top guys, but he can't fight top guys because he knows he loses. I'd personally give him a pass for taking on Price. He really should be fighting Whyte or Povetkin, but it'd be funny if he risked his....erm....'reputation' (lol) against Price and got starched. I'd pay to see that.
                  You just wanna see Bomb Zgwad get beat again, evil Limey!

Comment

Pricey KO'ing Wilder might be one of the greatest moments in the sports history

Comment

Working...
                    X