Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather deserves a LOT of credit for rematching Maidana.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Maidana was a damn good fighter man, he was far more than a C level guy.

The poll represented the casual fanbase, from a boxing perspective Mayweather-Maidana was the better fight, it was a unification and Maidana was coming off a huge win, Khan on the other hand, hadn’t looked impressive since the Judah fight.
    Please man quit overexaggerating Madonna was a slow, flat footed, short armed, come forward fighter, whose only chance of beating Floyd is if Floyd fought his fight. Floyd needed two fights to beat this c fighter? Give me a break.

You want to give Floyd some credit post Hatton? Canelo Alvarez and thats it. Next thing you know you'll be giving Floyd credit for beating mma fighters and japanese kickboxers.
    Last edited by djtmal; 04-21-2021, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Can't believe that fight was 7 years ago

Time flies

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

The tools for 4 rounds and no substance to go 12 with an ATG, Khan is one of biggest fakes of the last era he had no hope in beating Floyd, it amazes me what you guys see in reading things. .
        No, that was the fight where he fought your mum for the bukakke belt.
        blowblow blowblow likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by War Room View Post

burn bro hahahahha.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post

Please man quit overexaggerating Madonna was a slow, flat footed, short armed, come forward fighter, whose only chance of beating Floyd is if Floyd fought his fight. Floyd needed two fights to beat this c fighter? Give me a break.

You want to give Floyd some credit post Hatton? Canelo Alvarez and thats it. Next thing you know you'll be giving Floyd credit for beating mma fighters and japanese kickboxers.
            I think Floyd’s a woman beating POS, I’m not some guy trying to inflate his resume.

The reality is Maidana was a good fighter, he was a world champion coming off a big win over Broner and was in the best form of his career under the tutelage of Robert Garcia.

To say Maidana was C level fighter is just f***ing dumb tbh man. He was a good fighter, won titles in two divisions and gave essentially everyone he ever fought a hard nights work.

Comment

So in other words you have no answer, so typically you revert to young and dumb, don't worry science says you mature around 30 so you have a chance of wising up.

Comment

I said it back then and I'm sticking to my story. Like I said before, you can't remember how Khan went out you got to look at how he was at that time. What Ali sucked because Leon Spinks wrecked him when he was toast, know what I mean right?

Khan was still a force in 2014 had great wins against Devon Alexander, Collazo, and Algieri. Hell in 2016 I had him winning against Canelo until he got rightfully starched for moving up to a weight he never should have been at. He was on a 5 fight winning streak since losing to Garcia, jury wasn't entirely out on Khan yet so don't sit there and get all wild that Khan sucked in 2014, he didn't.

I think Floyd thought Maidana was the easier fight because those pressure guys, Floyd got their number all day. Because Castillo has some success on a young Mayweather, everybody for years thought that was the blueprint and we saw that it wasn't. I said it then and I'll say it again, you can't beat Floyd with pressure.

I know how to beat Floyd, I've seen it done to other greats. There isn't one thing that beats Floyd because he adapts, but one of the ways you beat Floyd is with Floyd. You use his best tools against him. Pretty hard because he's so good at those tools. What was Floyd's best tools, counters!

Bruce Lee once said you don't box a boxer, wrong ---> that's exactly what you do you just have to do it better or differently.

Look at how Roy Jones got dethroned, counter left hook. What was Roys best punch, counter left hook.

In this video.....
                • At 0:06 and 0:16 Maidana counters Floyd as he's doing a pull counter.
                • At 1:42 Judah counters Floyd for the knockdown
                • At 3:11 Mosley counters Floyd's left hook.
                • At 3:53 Chop counters Floyd with a right hook

When i competed, I fell in love with counter punching and was really good at it. It's really hard to counter a counter puncher, but there are other ways to make that happen organically.

Set traps, feints, luck, counters, good boxing from the outside, speed.

Khan on the outside would have given Floyd big problems and Floyd knew it. The only problem was Khan gets to brave and thinks he can do anything which he can't. But if he was disciplined to fight like Hearns could on the outside, he could have beaten Floyd on points.

Another guy that would have given Floyd big big problems was Paul Williams. Floyd was asked about Williams and he wanted no part of it. Pretty much said he was too big.

I'm a big fan of Floyd Mayweather in case anybody think's I'm trying to take the piss here. All time top 5 for me.
                Amazing post, am a Mayweather fan too. So no issues with me here.
                War Room War Room likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Amazing post, am a Mayweather fan too. So no issues with me here.
                  Except for the key word IF .

Floyd was a great adaptor one of the best adjusters of distance and pace in the history of boxing, he could fight inside in a slugfest, outside in a long range joust, or walk you down like a boss, his game was complete because he also had unreal conditioning he never ever got tired and he had a great chin, Khan was a mental midget that would pitty patter for some rounds and then fall to bits as soon as he was under pressure, Khan never held it together with a real one over rounds.

This forum has a habit of seeing a few good rounds and converting it into a full 12 against somebody else, they add a bit of this a bit of that and make up the full 12 that has never been shown by the guy they on about, its always imaginary.

I would bet all I own on Khan being stopped by Floyd before the 11th.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadblock View Post

Except for the key word IF .

Floyd was a great adaptor one of the best adjusters of distance and pace in the history of boxing, he could fight inside in a slugfest, outside in a long range joust, or walk you down like a boss, his game was complete because he also had unreal conditioning he never ever got tired and he had a great chin, Khan was a mental midget that would pitty patter for some rounds and then fall to bits as soon as he was under pressure, Khan never held it together with a real one over rounds.

This forum has a habit of seeing a few good rounds and converting it into a full 12 against somebody else, they add a bit of this a bit of that and make up the full 12 that has never been shown by the guy they on about, its always imaginary.

I would bet all I own on Khan being stopped by Floyd before the 11th.

Am not picking Khan over Mayweather so chill...

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                      Maidana completely embarrassed Broner and Mayweather stepped up not once, but twice.

Very close first fight and Mayweather was 37 going on 38 in the rematch.

it’s still an impressive fight to me.

many think those kind of boxers are tailored for Floyd but I’d say the reverse is true.

it was like seeing the JLC fights again when he fought Maidana, just with more experience compared to when he fought JLC.

Specially to rematch a razor thin fight against a dangerously game opponent? Very ballsy.

Comment

Working...
                      X