Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Haymon trying to PERSUADE Plant to fight Benavidez instead of Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Haymon trying to PERSUADE Plant to fight Benavidez instead of Canelo?

Plant has always bragged about the Uzcategui fight that everyone doubted him in beating him. So with building fights, if David blasts out Uzcategui, we know that David is going to come full force with headlines all around to punk Plant.

does Plant take the bait and fight David, or does he stay interested in the Canelo payday?

Haymon would have a better chance at keeping a 168 belt for PBC if he can somehow get it for David. For instance Haymon throws a guarantee and PPV that would be a better deal than a Canelo offer. Haymon will find a way. He was able to convince DiBella to ditched the Canelo fight and they went for GGG.

Yeah Canelo is guna struggle to get either of those fights. I think master Al would prefer to also keep Plant and Bemevidez apart so he can have 2 champs but if there has to be something made out of it he would rather have the inhouse fights and keep both belts within the PBC than let Canelo take either of those scalps.

Comment

Being that David isn't fighting Jose til late August, Caleb still has no fight lined up after the PBC schedule just dropped & Canelo is likely to be fighting in September I think its likely Canelo vs Caleb is the fight Team Caleb is going for next.

Or they are waiting for Danny Jacobs to flip back over to PBC & Caleb vs Danny is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Being that David isn't fighting Jose til late August, Caleb still has no fight lined up after the PBC schedule just dropped & Canelo is likely to be fighting in September I think its likely Canelo vs Caleb is the fight Team Caleb is going for next.

Or they are waiting for Danny Jacobs to flip back over to PBC & Caleb vs Danny is next.
        Jacobs looked like a complete trash in Rosado fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Yea I saw. Danny is still a top ten guy & is a quality name doe.

To be clear I ain't saying its happening. Idek if Danny is or isn't still with DAZN. I think Caleb vs Canelo is the most likely September fight at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

PBC presented a Showtime schedule. Plant is dedicated to Fox. We might get a Fox schedule and a Plant date that’s not involving Canelo. I prefer not to be pessimistic but business is business. I don’t see why Haymon would be doing Canelo the favor.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

lots of fighters revealed they didn’t disclose Covid positives and or some didn’t get tested at all. I give benefit of doubt that Danny wasn’t on his best night. His power was respectable in the JCC Jr. fight.

Comment

Working...
              X