Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jermall Charlo to face Juan Matias Montiel who got knocked out in the 2nd round by 21yo Munguia..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thuglife Nelo
    replied
    Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    All this bitching and whining but no one offering any solutions or alternatives.

The problem isn't Jermall or PBC. The real problem is that 160 isn't deep on talent, and what little talent there is can't be matched because of politics. ****, DAZN can't even get Andrade, Golovkin, Munguia and Canelo to fight each other when they're all under the same network!

Here are the top fighters at 160, along with their availability:

Gennady Golovkin 41-1-1 (36) DAZN / unavailable as Charlo opponent
    Demetrius Andrade 28-0-0 (17) DAZN / unavailable as Charlo opponent
    Sergiy Derevyanchenko 13-3-0 (10) ALREADY FOUGHT
    Ryota Murata 16-2-0 (13) ESPN/ unavailable as Charlo opponent
    Rob Brant 26-2-0 (18) ESPN / unavailable as Charlo opponent
    Jaime Munguia 36-0-0 (29) DAZN / unavailable as Charlo opponent
    Liam Williams 22-2-1 (17) Already scheduled to fight
    Maciej Sulecki 29-2-0 (11) Injured
    Chris Eubank Jr. 29-2-0 (22) AVAILABLE???

So any Jermall Charlo fight right now would be a disappointment, since none of the top guys are available to him. That's boxing right now.
    Charlo fanboyism. That’s lovely! Blame others!

Leave a comment:

• LeOoze
    replied
    TernceBudCharlo Thoughts? I know you've been more of an Andrade fan recently but I am curious

Leave a comment:

• TheGR8TESTOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
    What a huge mismatch seriously. Reminder that the 21yo Munguia who koncked that dude out in the 2nd round he wasn’t even a champ yet. NSAC and IBF/WBC/WBA also blocked the GGG-Munguia fight later that year because they thought it will be a huge mismatch and a one sided fight. Why is WBC and NSAC allowing this fight for Charlo.. Charlo crushes this dude in the 2nd round as well.
    When I saw Montiel thought it was the small dude Montiel that Donaire KO'd like WTF how fat did Montiel get to be fighting a Charlo???

Leave a comment:

• BennyBlanco
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Maldito_Rey View Post

Benavidez wanted the fight, Charlo punked out.

Charlo could've pushed to fight Plant in May/June to secure a Canelo unification, but didn't.

Charlo could've gotten Andrade at the beginning of the year but chose to sit out until now, the middle of April.

I've been saying for a while now, Charlo had the opportunity to become undisputed/unified at 160 and 168 if he pursued an Andrade fight at the beginning of the year, Plant in the summer and Canelo/Saunders in September/Fall. But what's he doing? He's fighting some no-hoper with 4 losses and one of them is to a 21 year old Mungia.

So no, don't blame others, it's all on Charlo and PBC for getting this mismatch and having a shi.t career.
    Wrong, wrong wrong. Charlo did try to get Charlo again recently...

Showtime made an offer to Andrade when Andrade's DAZN deal expired, but Andrade turned them down. Andrade basically said that DAZN would pay him a lot of money to fight Luke Keelers so he was going to stay with DAZN and not pursue a Charlo fight.

And we all remember when Andrade signed to fight Jermell in 2015 and then backed out...

There's plenty of blame to go around, including Andrade himself saying he preferred to keep fighting Luke Keelers.

Leave a comment:

• El_Maldito_Rey
    replied
    Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
    All this bitching and whining but no one offering any solutions or alternatives.

The problem isn't Jermall or PBC. The real problem is that 160 isn't deep on talent, and what little talent there is can't be matched because of politics. ****, DAZN can't even get Andrade, Golovkin, Munguia and Canelo to fight each other when they're all under the same network!

So any Jermall Charlo fight right now would be a disappointment, since none of the top guys are available to him. That's boxing right now.
    Benavidez wanted the fight, Charlo punked out.

Charlo could've pushed to fight Plant in May/June to secure a Canelo unification, but didn't.

Charlo could've gotten Andrade at the beginning of the year but chose to sit out until now, the middle of April.

I've been saying for a while now, Charlo had the opportunity to become undisputed/unified at 160 and 168 if he pursued an Andrade fight at the beginning of the year, Plant in the summer and Canelo/Saunders in September/Fall. But what's he doing? He's fighting some no-hoper with 4 losses and one of them is to a 21 year old Mungia.

So no, don't blame others, it's all on Charlo and PBC for getting this mismatch and having a shi.t career.

Leave a comment:

• BennyBlanco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied
    Originally posted by Keysandboxing View Post

I'm a Jermall fan, but this fight is stupid. I hope he steps up in competition again. He's making it hard to stay a fan when he's fighting once a year and guys of this caliber smh.
    Yeah this is a really ****ty fight. I doubt I watch it unless the undercard is good.

Leave a comment:

• Keysandboxing
    replied
    Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
    What a huge mismatch seriously. Reminder that the 21yo Munguia who koncked that dude out in the 2nd round he wasn’t even a champ yet. NSAC and IBF/WBC/WBA also blocked the GGG-Munguia fight later that year because they thought it will be a huge mismatch and a one sided fight. Why is WBC and NSAC allowing this fight for Charlo.. Charlo crushes this dude in the 2nd round as well.
    I'm a Jermall fan, but this fight is stupid. I hope he steps up in competition again. He's making it hard to stay a fan when he's fighting once a year and guys of this caliber smh.

Leave a comment:

• kiaba360
    replied
    After Montiel blew out Kirkland, I had a feeling they'd try and feed him to Jermall.

Leave a comment:

• Beercules
    replied
    Horrible match.

No wonder our sport is dying

Leave a comment:

Working...
X