Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Tank beats barrios, would you give him a shot to beat Regis Prograis??????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied
    Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post

They put too much stock into the size, I don't see Barrios doing anything unless he fights 12 rounds keeping his distance and flicking a jab, but even then there's no guarantee he gets the decision on the scorecards.

Disagree on Tank KOing Regis though. We have no clue if Tanks power travels to 140 (it sure didn't look impressive agaisnt Gamboa at 135) and Regis has had wars with big hitters at 140 and not been wobbled. IMO Regis is still that #2 guy at 140 as I had Ramirez losing to Zepeda and Postol.
    Prograis is clearly #2 at 140 IMO. I think he’d whoop Ramirez. I also had Postol winning.

Leave a comment:

• RJJ-94-02=GOAT
    replied

Yeah, probably. Barrios shouldn’t have even won his last fight.
    Yeah he clearly lost that fight IMO. I don’t rate that Barrios at all tbh. This reminds me of Canelo moving up to face Rocky Fielding in the sense that the size difference is irrelevant because of the gap in talent.

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    Lol. Tank has no chance beating a solid 140 guy.
    Who are "solid guys" at 140?

Are Barrios or Regis solid guys to you?

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied

They put too much stock into the size, I don't see Barrios doing anything unless he fights 12 rounds keeping his distance and flicking a jab, but even then there's no guarantee he gets the decision on the scorecards.

Disagree on Tank KOing Regis though. We have no clue if Tanks power travels to 140 (it sure didn't look impressive agaisnt Gamboa at 135) and Regis has had wars with big hitters at 140 and not been wobbled. IMO Regis is still that #2 guy at 140 as I had Ramirez losing to Zepeda and Postol.
    I just don't think Barrios is THAT good to even win via outboxing Tank by using his size/reach. I think he's getting caught somewhere in between the first bell & last bell. Unless of course Tank comes in at 142 overweight & unmotivated. I think thats kinda the biggest risk & reason Tank would lose to either Barrios or Regis. The biggest opponent Tank gots is himself doe or at least thats the case against likely opposition.

Tank's power being the same at 140 as it was at 130 is a unquestioned question, but Tank gots skills beyond power. And Regis isn't all that complicated a guy or tricky a guy. And idk that he's got a great ring IQ either. Maybe he can take a good shot. But he's probably gonna need to take more good shots then he's ever took vs Tank is all I know.

Idk how things go for Tank vs Josh doe & I suspect not great, but I don't think that has much chance of happening cuz of how boxing works. Whatever doe I think there are more threats or at a minimum interesting fights for Tank at 135 & I hope this Barrios fight is just some weird belt grab so they can hype Tank as a 3 division champion & move back to 135 where we got the best fights.

Randomly moving up kinda makes me wonder if Floyd/MP is just trying to destroy Tank in the long game that Floyd/MP think they won't be a part of. Like if the Floyd/Tank relationship is going down in flames once the current deal is over maybe Floyd/MP is just trying to cash out on this mofo at 147 vs Errol or Boots or some sh^t lol. You know like we got a two time champ right now, win a belt at 140, maybe defend that once vs a random guy, move him up to 147, probably some loose vacant belt by then up there that can be won by fighting the #11 WBA ranked guy or some sh^t & then throw Tank in with Boots or Errol & then their deal is up & Tank is some bloated 28yr old, 158lb guy who's a 4 time champion with only one L, but his best weight is 135 & his confidence in the ring is shattered & he thinks he's worth $5M a fight & will only do PPV's. LOL idk speculating a lot on that cuz I'm still confused wtf this 140 move is even about long term that makes any fooking sense.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I think Tank KO's Regis or its a one sided decision if they fight. Regis gets hit too much for him to win too many fights vs tip top guys. He's not real fancy or doing anything all that crazy. Tank is & Tank gots way more power behind him.

Granted size matters, but Regis is only a couple inches taller than Tank but gots a shorter reach than Tank. I think people are putting the best Regis in vs the worst Tank to suggest this isn't a fight where Tank is the favorite & is most likely to win.

And Tank is gonna merk Barrios unless Barrios just goes into survival mode. I reallllllllly don't understand the few folks I've seen suggesting Barrios is giving Tank his first L.

Leave a comment:

• JakeTheBoxer
    replied
    Lol. Tank has no chance beating a solid 140 guy.

Leave a comment:

• _Rexy_
    replied
    Originally posted by Mammoth View Post

I think he fought that ******ed Cowboy Karl last time he fought. Barrios most likely should have lost to Akhmedov but I think Akhmedov is good. Maybe the 2nd best Uzbek at 140 after Ergashev.
    Oh I didn't even know he fought since the Akhmedeov fight. Thanks for the heads up

and yeah, Ergashev is great. I hope he fights again soon. Last I saw of him was that insane one punch body shot KO in the opening round where the guy was crying

Leave a comment:

• PeepeePoopooMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I think Tank KO's Regis or its a one sided decision if they fight. Regis gets hit too much for him to win too many fights vs tip top guys. He's not real fancy or doing anything all that crazy. Tank is & Tank gots way more power behind him.

Granted size matters, but Regis is only a couple inches taller than Tank but gots a shorter reach than Tank. I think people are putting the best Regis in vs the worst Tank to suggest this isn't a fight where Tank is the favorite & is most likely to win.

And Tank is gonna merk Barrios unless Barrios just goes into survival mode. I reallllllllly don't understand the few folks I've seen suggesting Barrios is giving Tank his first L.
    How good do you think tank is? Thats absolutely laughable. You say prograis gets hit too much as if tank doesn't. Undersized, Featherfisted no skill cruz marked him up and isn't hard to hit as well lasted a bit with tank. I dont even like prograis but he would beat the shlt out of tank.

Are we even talking about the same tank?

Leave a comment:

• Eff Pandas
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mammoth
    replied

Yeah, probably. Barrios shouldn’t have even won his last fight.
    I think he fought that ******ed Cowboy Karl last time he fought. Barrios most likely should have lost to Akhmedov but I think Akhmedov is good. Maybe the 2nd best Uzbek at 140 after Ergashev.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X