Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury v AJ at Allegiant Stadium, Vegas?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the only thing Hearn has confirmed is that Allegiant isn't the option the sides have agreed on. But is still in play.

Which tells me there is still a way to go.

I just struggle to believe they'll go to the Middle East in July. It will be so hot it won't be possible for these guys to move.

If its such a harsh environment that the World Cup (biggest sporting event in the world) has to move date then boxing is no chance.

Comment

They've accepted an offer from Saudi

They had an offer from Vegas Allegiant stadium which will be turned down after the Saudi contracts are signed, sealed and delivered.

Fury & Arum have been eyeing Allegiant for a while with their grand opening but Covid has messed everything up for Vegas.

Comment

One of these fights will be in America, I would imagine Tyson Fury has made this as one of his mandatory requirements.

Both Fury & Joshua have places where they are comfortable other than the UK.

The Arabs seem to like Joshua.
        Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 04-15-2021, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
          They've accepted an offer from Saudi

They had an offer from Vegas Allegiant stadium which will be turned down after the Saudi contracts are signed, sealed and delivered.

Fury & Arum have been eyeing Allegiant for a while with their grand opening but Covid has messed everything up for Vegas.
          Links to this info?

And it just got announced like 2 days ago we are at 100% capacity on June 1. I'd assume the Saudi's tossing around more money so I kinda doubt Allegiant was in the running seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post

Maybe I was too optimistic on the US numbers but the fight promotion of that would stateside would be pretty crazy. Would be on ESPN daily and having an undisputed showdown will create a lot of buzz. But either way, point was there is a chance they can still make more money with the fight in the US opposed to the UK.

I expect one of the Middle East countries will end up finalizing a deal and the first fight takes place there.
            Idk man. I don't see US fans hyped for a all UK HW unification like this in 2021. I think mofos would be more hyped for Tyson vs Holyfield 3 as fooked up & cynical as that is to say outloud lol. The casuals got no fooking clue who AJ is. Thats where you get nice PPV numbers. And they barely know Fury. I think 500k is the ceiling for US PPV unless Lil Nas X starts hyping it or Billie Ellish starts dating AJ.

Granted regardless the UK fans would show up so I'm sure the gate would be sexy, but the UK PPV numbers take a hit if the fight is on at some weird time for them. It seems like you are setting money on fire to have a all UK HW unification event in the US right now.

And yea something in the middle east makes the most sense. Got UK friendly time for the PPV, guys can still fly there although maybe not get drunk & the site fee will be r3tarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post

Links to this info?

And it just got announced like 2 days ago we are at 100% capacity on June 1. I'd assume the Saudi's tossing around more money so I kinda doubt Allegiant was in the running seriously.

It's inferred knowledge. They had offers from all the big players, think either Hearn/Eddie said Vegas had an offer in. They were angling for the Wilder Fury third fight for the allegiant stadium grand opening before corona came in.

Allegiant is getting a big boxing fight sooner than later. Canelo will probably get in first unless Fury AJ rematch somehow gets to Vegas. Don't think the money is there for it.

Comment

Working...
              X